|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Midwife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beetle surprise herself in Chapter 3?
(a) By realizing that she one days wants a child of her own.
(b) By talking back to the midwife.
(c) By knowing what supplies are needed for the birth.
(d) By becoming emotional during a birth.
2. The village boys stick the cat in a sack with ______________.
(a) A puppy.
(b) A mouse.
(c) An eel.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What does the woman tell the protagonist about beggars in Chapter 1?
(a) They are not welcome in the village.
(b) They are just as deserving as everyone else.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They are scary.
4. What does Beetle tell the cat about at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Her life as she knows it.
(b) The other animals she has met along the way.
(c) The seasons.
(d) Her favorite things.
5. Where do the boys in the village toss the sack in Chapter 2?
(a) In a tree.
(b) Over a small cliff.
(c) Down a hill.
(d) Into the stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beetle realize about giving birth?
2. Where does the protagonist burrow to keep warm in Chapter 1?
3. How would one describe the midwife?
4. How many days pass before Beetle sees the cat alive and well again in Chapter 2?
5. Who stops the boys in the village from taunting the protagonist in Chapter 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)