|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Midwife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the midwife's attitude tolerated by the villagers?
(a) She grew up with the other villagers so they are like family.
(b) She is needed.
(c) She scares the villagers.
(d) She has saved many lives.
2. What do the boys in the village call the protagonist in Chapter 1?
(a) Dung Beetle.
(c) Grubby Girl.
(d) Stinky Face.
3. What does Beetle watch the cat do?
(a) Hunt a mouse.
(b) Drink from a stream.
(c) Lie in the sun and groom itself.
(d) Play with another cat.
4. What color is the cat that Beetle watches?
5. What is the only name that the protagonist is known by when the novel begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman tell the protagonist about beggars in Chapter 1?
2. What does Beetle give to the cat sometimes in Chapter 2?
3. In what manner does the midwife deal with the expectant mothers?
4. Where does Beetle take the cat after saving it in Chapter 2?
5. According to Beetle, why is the midwife's surname Sharp?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)