|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Midwife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the midwife's name?
2. Why does Beetle curse the cat in Chapter 2?
(a) The cat growled and hissed at Beetle.
(b) She has never heard any kind words before, so she doesn't know any.
(c) Beetle is in a bad mood and takes it out on the cat.
(d) The cat scratched her hand.
3. In what manner does the midwife deal with the expectant mothers?
(a) In a gruff way.
(b) In a calm and soothing manner.
(c) In a friendly way.
(d) In an indifferent manner.
4. What does the protagonist ask the woman for in Chapter 1?
(a) A small bit of food.
(b) Some new clothes.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bath.
5. What does Beetle realize about giving birth?
(a) It is the grossest thing she has ever witnessed.
(b) It is not as painful as loneliness.
(c) It is as much hard work, or more, than brewing teas or potions.
(d) It looks easier than it probably is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the midwife sometimes refuse to help an expectant mother?
2. What does the woman give the protagonist after doing chores all day?
3. The village boys stick the cat in a sack with ______________.
4. Where does the protagonist burrow to keep warm in Chapter 1?
5. How many days pass before Beetle sees the cat alive and well again in Chapter 2?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)