|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy feel about leaving Alyce in Chapter 10?
2. Why doesn't Jane notice the shift in Chapter 8?
(a) She is too busy with her own life.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She is too focused on teaching Alyce about midwifery.
(d) She is too tired and sleeps most the time.
3. What does Alyce do to help Will in Chapter 6?
(a) She hangs down from the tree branch and lifts him up.
(b) She throws a log into the water for him to lean on.
(c) She shifts a tree limb so he can grab onto it.
(d) She swims into the water and pulls him out.
4. What does the cat do in Alyce's dream in Chapter 6?
5. How does Alyce earn the young boy's devotion?
(a) By believing in him.
(b) By giving him food and shelter.
(c) By making him laugh.
(d) By protecting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alyce decide that the cat should have a name in Chapter 6?
2. Whom does the boy decide to name himself after when he discovers that 'Alyce' is a girl's name?
3. Whom does the King marry in Alyce's dream in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Jane slap the miller's wife in Chapter 4?
5. What color is Will's hair?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)