|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the King marry in Alyce's dream in Chapter 6?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The miller's daughter.
(c) The midwife.
2. What does Will teach Alyce to do in Chapter 8?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to sing.
(c) How to thank someone.
(d) How to pray.
3. Why does Will ask Alyce for help in Chapter 8?
(a) A door is jammed.
(b) His cow is about to give birth.
(c) His boat has sprung a leak.
(d) His leg is injured.
4. Who is Tansy?
(a) A new girl in the village.
(b) The baker's wife.
(c) A cow.
(d) Alyce's new cat.
5. What does Beetle watch the cat do?
(a) Lie in the sun and groom itself.
(b) Hunt a mouse.
(c) Play with another cat.
(d) Drink from a stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shift takes place that Jane does not notice?
2. Why does Beetle become fearful of the miller's wife in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Jane slap the miller's wife in Chapter 4?
4. How does she tell the cat her story at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What does Alyce do when the village boys call her Beetle in Chapter 6?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)