|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Visitors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will tell Alyce she has in Chapter 13?
(a) A beautiful smile.
(b) A chip on her shoulder.
(c) A brave heart.
(d) Guts and common sense.
2. What is Alyce afraid Jane is telling Reese when she sees them talking to each other?
(a) All about Alyce's past as a dung beetle.
(b) How stupid Alyce is.
(c) Tips and hints of midwifery.
(d) Not to socialize with Alyce.
3. What is the reason that Alyce gives Will for leaving the village?
(a) She was offered a job at the inn.
(b) She was never one to stay in one spot for too long.
(c) She dislikes Jane.
(d) She is too stupid to be a midwife's apprentice.
4. Why does Jane go to the manor in Chapter 9?
(a) To assist Lady Agnes who is in labor.
(b) To try to get a job.
(c) To pick up some supplies.
(d) To meet an old friend.
5. What does Beetle conclude about her appearance in Chapter 5?
(a) She looks very dirty and ugly.
(b) She looks older than she really is.
(c) She is very pretty.
(d) Her hair is a mess of curls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man ask Beetle to do when he believes she is someone else in Chapter 5?
2. How does Alyce feel about seeing Will in Chapter 13?
3. What does Jane tell Alyce about Joan's child?
4. What do the boys think Alyce is threatening them with in Chapter 9?
5. What does Joan name her child?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)