|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stef feel when he sees St.-Germain's body in the club?
2. What does St. -Germain do the same night that someone shoots Stef in the back?
3. What makes Sarah realize how lonely she has become?
4. What motivation as to Parker's actions might have been revealed in this section of the novel?
5. How does Parker feel as he walks into the club where he is supposed to kill Barnwell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Traficante and what is he doing?
2. Why is Parker at the club and who is Oliver Barnwell?
3. Who reassures Parker that they are doing the right thing?
4. Why is Bear so excited and willing to go out at night?
5. What advice did Stef's grandfather give him and how does he feel about that advice currently?
6. Why did Parker join the retribution squad and how does he feel about their methods now?
7. What happens before the police can approach the target house?
8. How does Sarah feel when she puts her son on the airplane to visit his father?
9. What does the killing suggest about the killer?
10. What happens seconds before the gunman opens fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way did Grave Dancer show both compassion and disregard for human life? Did his feelings and actions change throughout the story? If so how, if not why do you think he was consistent?
Essay Topic 2
What parallel relationships can be found throughout the novel? Provide specific examples. In what way do these relationships change throughout the novel? Do they change for the positive or negative? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What was the true purpose of the Midnight Club? Do you think organizations like that exist in society today? Why or why not?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)