|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bill of Kelly's did Marie pay?
2. On what matter did George ask Kelly to back off prior to his surgery?
3. Who was Kelly's surgeon?
4. In Chapter 21, Kelly and her family spent Christmas with _________________ in California.
5. Edward gave Kelly an engagement ring with what kind of stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the attractive reasons about the house Kelly found in the Piedmont school district near San Francisco?
2. Why was Kelly especially worried about her father in January 2005 and what did she do about it?
3. Why did Kelly and Edward meet with a genetics counselor?
4. Why was Dr. Schoenberg particularly empathetic to Kelly's interest in her father's cancer treatment?
5. Why was Kelly resistant to starting estrogen therapy which would eliminate estrogen from her body?
6. What Internet business did Kelly create in 1999?
7. How did Mary respond to Kelly's gift of new kitchen and bath items?
8. What did Kelly hate about going to radiation treatments and why did the technicians have to be especially careful when administering the treatments?
9. Describe how Edward proposed to Kelly.
10. When did Kelly experience her first panic attack and how did her mother help her through it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE MIDDLE PLACE is a classic example of a memoir. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of George Corrigan. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting and time period for Kelly Corrigan's childhood. What was America like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Kelly, her family and friends?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)