|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what matter did George ask Kelly to back off prior to his surgery?
2. How much did the baby in #2 weigh?
3. After lumpectomy, Kelly could not lift her daughters or drive for what amount of time?
4. What university did Edward attend?
5. How long had Kelly and Edward known each other before they were engaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the real reason that Kelly got angry with Edward when he called his parents so often during their trip to New England?
2. What were some of the attractive reasons about the house Kelly found in the Piedmont school district near San Francisco?
3. What Internet business did Kelly create in 1999?
4. Why was Kelly especially worried about her father in January 2005 and what did she do about it?
5. How did Edward's lack of enthusiastic response to Kelly's new job show that he was not like her father?
6. What did Kelly hate about going to radiation treatments and why did the technicians have to be especially careful when administering the treatments?
7. What were Kelly's concerns about having a baby and on what day did she have her first child?
8. What did Kelly do in order to learn more about her father's bladder cancer and who was the cancer doctor she wanted her father to see?
9. Explain why Georgia and Claire had begun acting out since Kelly's illness and why Kelly wanted to change this.
10. Why was Dr. Schoenberg particularly empathetic to Kelly's interest in her father's cancer treatment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of Kelly's family in her life. What did Kelly learn from her parents' marriage? How were Kelly's parents also involved in her world? How does the family evolve in its support of each other?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Edward Lichty. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in America in the late twentieth century. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What roles did the women in Kelly's life fill for her? Explain.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)