|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The full lower floor and bathroom of the house was attractive to Kelly for what reason?
2. Kelly had wanted Edward to react to her good news in the way that ___________________ would have.
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the reasons that Kelly liked living in California?
4. On what program did Kelly and George appear in 2006?
5. Who came to help Kelly with the baby and helped more than Kelly wanted or expected?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Edward's lack of enthusiastic response to Kelly's new job show that he was not like her father?
2. What was the debate George's doctors were having regarding his bladder cancer treatment?
3. What Internet business did Kelly create in 1999?
4. How did Kelly and Edward meet and what impressed George the most about Edward?
5. Why was Kelly resistant to starting estrogen therapy which would eliminate estrogen from her body?
6. What was the real reason that Kelly got angry with Edward when he called his parents so often during their trip to New England?
7. Explain why Georgia and Claire had begun acting out since Kelly's illness and why Kelly wanted to change this.
8. What did Kelly learn about her diet from a nutritionist?
9. What was the reason for Kelly's panic attack at the funeral of GT's friend's father?
10. Why was Kelly especially worried about her father in January 2005 and what did she do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kelly Corrigan was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Kelly's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Kelly Corrigan is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)