|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult did the girl in #42 give to Kelly?
2. What did a little boy in the car pool say about Kelly's bald head?
3. Which one of Kelly's brothers liked her job better than she did?
4. Which of the following was NOT a solution Kelly had during her first chemotherapy session?
5. Who was the psychologist with whom Kelly consulted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important occasion did Kelly forget while taking all her medications?
2. What was involved with Kelly's first chemo session and why would she be limited to only four doses of the anti-cancer drug, Adriamycin?
3. Who did Kelly call immediately after finding the lump in her breast and how did this person respond?
4. How did Kelly describe her parents' marriage and the different roles they played in the home?
5. What did Kelly do in an attempt to help her children understand the baldness brought on by chemotherapy treatments?
6. What did Kelly recall about her father losing a tooth at a kid's hockey game one day?
7. Why was befriending Claudia Regan in the sixth grade not a good move for Kelly?
8. What type of childhood did Kelly have?
9. What were the jobs that George had his kids pursue outside the house and how did he promote them?
10. Describe Kelly's experience on the day of her breast biopsy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting and time period for Kelly Corrigan's childhood. What was America like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Kelly, her family and friends?
Essay Topic 2
Kelly Corrigan is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the book. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)