|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pieces of tissue were removed in the procedure in #19?
2. Which of Kelly's cousins had a twenty-one-year-old son who died in a car accident?
3. Which of Kelly's friends was going through another painful divorce?
4. The babysitter took care of the girls when Kelly had to go to _____________________.
5. What were Emily's first thoughts about Kelly's lump?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kelly Corrigan doing when she discovered a lump in her breast?
2. Why was befriending Claudia Regan in the sixth grade not a good move for Kelly?
3. What type of childhood did Kelly have?
4. What was Kelly's role in the demise of the boa constrictor?
5. How did a twelve-inch boa constrictor become a household pet and how did Kelly feel about it?
6. What were the jobs that George had his kids pursue outside the house and how did he promote them?
7. How did Kelly describe her parents' marriage and the different roles they played in the home?
8. Describe Kelly's experience on the day of her breast biopsy.
9. How did Claudia Regan hurt Kelly in a truth game and by her actions and what did it take to diminish Claudia's popularity?
10. What kind of support did Kelly receive after her breast cancer diagnosis and what was her attitude in communicating with people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Kelly learns from her mother? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Kelly always recall about lessons from her mother?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Kelly Corrigan's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)