|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pills had Kelly taken the day before her mother's birthday?
2. What was Kelly's main reason for wanting to live?
3. What medical procedure did Kelly have in Chapter 5?
4. What outside job did Kelly have to do for awhile?
5. The babysitter took care of the girls when Kelly had to go to _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kelly recall about her father losing a tooth at a kid's hockey game one day?
2. What had another chemo patient told Kelly about side effects and what did Kelly experience after her first treatment?
3. What were the four truths of Buddhism that Kelly learned from a German woman in Nepal?
4. Describe some of Kelly's experiences during her hiking trip to Nepal.
5. What type of childhood did Kelly have?
6. How did situations of two of her friends regarding mothers affect Kelly and thoughts of her children?
7. What important occasion did Kelly forget while taking all her medications?
8. Describe the saga of Kelly and her desire for Guess jeans when she was in high school.
9. What kind of support did Kelly receive after her breast cancer diagnosis and what was her attitude in communicating with people?
10. How did Claudia Regan hurt Kelly in a truth game and by her actions and what did it take to diminish Claudia's popularity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of George Corrigan. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
Essay Topic 2
THE MIDDLE PLACE is a classic example of a memoir. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting and time period for Kelly Corrigan's childhood. What was America like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Kelly, her family and friends?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)