|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Kelly's father?
2. From what disease did Kelly's father's father die?
(a) Prostate cancer.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
3. Which of the following was NOT a side effect of chemotherapy that another patient told Kelly that she experienced?
(a) Hearing problems.
(b) Numb fingers.
(c) Mouth sores.
(d) Weight loss.
4. Who were Georgia and Claire?
(a) Kelly's daughters.
(b) Kelly's goddaughters.
(c) Kelly's roommates.
(d) Kelly's sisters.
5. What was Kelly's main reason for wanting to live?
(a) To have another baby.
(b) To finish her Master's degree.
(c) To adopt a child.
(d) To be around for her kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Kelly not so happy about the dress she wore to the event in #52?
2. Who was Emily Birenbaum?
3. How many bags of solution did Kelly have during her first chemotherapy treatment?
4. Where did Kelly travel to after she graduated college?
5. What words were on the T-shirts mentioned in #22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kelly's father's demeanor and his outlook on life?
2. Why had Kelly's parents not told her about her father's prostate cancer?
3. What was Kelly's sport during high school and how did her father support her in it?
4. How did Kelly respond to the comments made by a neighbor boy about her bald head?
5. What did Kelly recall about her father losing a tooth at a kid's hockey game one day?
6. What was involved with Kelly's first chemo session and why would she be limited to only four doses of the anti-cancer drug, Adriamycin?
7. What were the four truths of Buddhism that Kelly learned from a German woman in Nepal?
8. What did Kelly do in an attempt to help her children understand the baldness brought on by chemotherapy treatments?
9. What important occasion did Kelly forget while taking all her medications?
10. What had another chemo patient told Kelly about side effects and what did Kelly experience after her first treatment?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)