|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Kelly's brothers liked her job better than she did?
2. For what did Kelly pray on the way home from the hospital?
(a) A new job.
(b) Her mother's health.
(c) A loan approval.
(d) A diagnosis of no cancer.
3. Where did Kelly travel to after she graduated college?
4. What disease was Kelly's father treated for while Kelly was traveling after her college graduation?
(a) Prostate cancer.
(d) Lung cancer.
5. Who was Emily Birenbaum?
(a) Kelly's daughters' nanny.
(b) Kelly's mother.
(c) Kelly's sister.
(d) Kelly's friend and physician.
6. How did Kelly communicate with everyone who was worried about her?
(a) She asked her mother to contact people.
(b) She called on the phone.
(c) She sent letters.
(d) She sent an upbeat email.
7. What was Kelly's father's reaction to her diagnosis?
(a) He was pessimistic.
(b) He had nothing to say.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He was very positive.
8. Who was Kelly's husband?
9. Why had Kelly's parents not told her about her father's illness?
(a) They wanted to get a second opinion.
(b) They were too much in shock.
(c) They wanted to take him to the Mayo Clinic first.
(d) They didn't want to ruin her trip.
10. Who were Georgia and Claire?
(a) Kelly's goddaughters.
(b) Kelly's daughters.
(c) Kelly's sisters.
(d) Kelly's roommates.
11. What did Kelly find in an old trunk that belonged to her parents?
(a) Wedding clothes.
(b) School yearbooks.
(c) Love letters.
(d) Photo albums.
12. What sport did Kelly take up when she was a young girl?
13. Why was Kelly's mother worried about Kelly going to the event in #52?
(a) She had broken up with her boyfriend.
(b) She had been very sentimental lately.
(c) She had gotten a bad grade on an exam and was upset.
(d) She was so much younger than most of the kids.
14. What decision had Kelly made when she was 29 that upset her parents?
(a) To marry a guy she met in Australia.
(b) Spend the six weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day hiking.
(c) To never get married.
(d) To move to London.
15. In which city did Kelly grow up?
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a little boy in the car pool say about Kelly's bald head?
2. From what disease did Kelly's father's father die?
3. What did Edward say to Kelly about her bald head?
4. Why would Kelly get only four doses of the anti-cancer drug, Adriamycin, during her treatment?
5. What were Emily's first thoughts about Kelly's lump?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)