|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kelly's father's reaction to her diagnosis?
(a) He was very positive.
(b) He was relieved.
(c) He had nothing to say.
(d) He was pessimistic.
2. How many pills had Kelly taken the day before her mother's birthday?
3. Who was Kelly's nurse during her first chemotherapy treatment?
4. What did Kelly do in an attempt to help her young daughters deal with her illness?
(a) The rented a movie about children with sick mommies.
(b) She took the girls to the park to let them play.
(c) She had a friend shave her head so the girls could watch.
(d) She read them a book about how mommies still love their children even if they don't feel good.
5. In a flashback, what event were Kelly, GT and Booker going to attend?
(a) Kelly's wedding.
(b) Booker's prom.
(c) GT's graduation.
(d) Kelly's prom.
6. What did Kelly's oncologist assure Kelly that she would experience with the cancer treatments?
(a) She would lose her balance.
(b) She would lose her hearing.
(c) She would lose her hair.
(d) She would lose her sense of smell.
7. What were Emily's first thoughts about Kelly's lump?
(a) It was hard and probably malignant.
(b) It was definitely benign.
(c) It was probably just a cyst.
(d) It was soft and probably no problem.
8. Why was Kelly upset on Thanksgiving when Edward's father was visiting?
(a) He was well and her father was very sick.
(b) He always insulted Kelly's cooking.
(c) He had lost his job.
(d) He was going in for some medical tests.
9. Kelly's doctor told her that the lump in her breast was the size of what?
(a) An egg.
(b) A walnut.
(c) A credit card.
(d) A pea.
10. What was Kelly afraid she would contract during an outbreak?
(b) West Nile virus.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Avian influenza.
11. Which of the following was NOT a side effect of chemotherapy that another patient told Kelly that she experienced?
(a) Numb fingers.
(b) Mouth sores.
(c) Hearing problems.
(d) Weight loss.
12. Who was Emily Birenbaum?
(a) Kelly's sister.
(b) Kelly's mother.
(c) Kelly's daughters' nanny.
(d) Kelly's friend and physician.
13. The woman in #89 followed which religion?
14. How did Kelly finally get the item in #62?
(a) Her grandmother gave her money for her birthday.
(b) She bought it on ebay.
(c) She sweet-talked her father into buying it.
(d) She got it as a Christmas gift.
15. Kelly was able to comfort Claire when she suffered _________________ in the night.
(a) The measles.
(b) Teething pains.
(c) The stomach flu.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kelly's mother always stressed that Kelly wouldn't find a husband if _____________________.
2. THE MIDDLE PLACE begins in August of what year?
3. Kelly forgot her mother's _______________ birthday because she was so sick.
4. Why was Kelly's mother worried about Kelly going to the event in #52?
5. Who was the girl who babysat for Kelly's daughters?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)