|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The babysitter took care of the girls when Kelly had to go to _____________________.
(a) The PTA meeting.
(b) The grocery.
(c) Her office.
(d) The Imaging Center.
2. From what disease did Kelly's father's father die?
(a) Prostate cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Heart disease.
3. Which of the following was NOT a solution Kelly had during her first chemotherapy session?
(a) Anti-cancer drug.
(b) Anti-nausea drug.
4. What words were on the T-shirts mentioned in #22?
(a) Gorgeous George.
(b) Corrigan Cuties.
(c) Corrigan Cutters.
(d) Corrigan's Crew.
5. Kelly's father's demeanor could best be described as ________________.
6. What did Kelly's oncologist assure Kelly that she would experience with the cancer treatments?
(a) She would lose her hair.
(b) She would lose her hearing.
(c) She would lose her balance.
(d) She would lose her sense of smell.
7. What disease was Kelly's father treated for while Kelly was traveling after her college graduation?
(a) Prostate cancer.
(d) Lung cancer.
8. What medical procedure did Kelly have in Chapter 5?
(a) Glucose Tolerance Test.
(c) Pap Test.
9. George and Edward both agreed that ___________________________.
(a) The little girls should stay with their grandmother.
(b) Kelly should make out her will.
(c) Everyone had to be positive for Kelly.
(d) Edward should continue his business trips.
10. THE MIDDLE PLACE begins in August of what year?
11. Why was Kelly upset on Thanksgiving when Edward's father was visiting?
(a) He was going in for some medical tests.
(b) He was well and her father was very sick.
(c) He had lost his job.
(d) He always insulted Kelly's cooking.
12. For what did Kelly's father offer a $5 reward to the kids on his team?
(a) His hat.
(b) His car keys.
(c) His sunglasses.
(d) His tooth.
13. Why was Kelly not able to pay much attention to her daughters lately?
(a) She slept a lot.
(b) She was in too much pain to interact with them.
(c) They were staying with their grandmother.
(d) She was too sad to look at them.
14. How old was Kelly Corrigan when she discovered a suspicious lump in her breast?
15. Who was the psychologist with whom Kelly consulted?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bags of solution did Kelly have during her first chemotherapy treatment?
2. What convinced Kelly that Edward was her hero?
3. How many pills had Kelly taken the day before her mother's birthday?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Kelly included in an email to friends and family after her diagnosis?
5. What was Kelly afraid she would contract during an outbreak?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)