|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howie tells a story in Chapter 10 about interrupting a conversation by doing what?
(b) Passing gas.
(c) Urinating loudly.
(d) Brushing his teeth.
2. What does Howie purchase from Radio Shack for his first apartment?
(a) CD player.
(c) Phone card.
3. What else does Howie buy along with his purchase of shoelaces?
(c) Shoe polish.
4. What does Howie do with the last ten minutes of his lunch break?
(a) Replace shoelaces.
(c) Chat with friends.
(d) Sun bathe.
5. Howie considers ___________ might buy classic paperbacks like him.
(a) Cab drivers.
(b) Old people.
(d) Serial killers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Howie when he would deliberately leave his shoes untied on escalators?
2. Who gets the get-well poster for Ray at work?
3. What does Abe start whistling as he leaves the men's bathroom?
4. What don't the executives do in the corporate bathroom?
5. At age twenty-five, what percentage of Howie's thoughts are adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Howie consider to be the quintessential question about lunch hours?
2. What attracted Howie to the Aurelius book?
3. What does Howie note about eating and drinking at the same time?
4. Why does Howie need to purchase earplugs every week?
5. What activity does Howie describe that both he and L take part in when alone in an elevator?
6. What realization about his broken shoelace does Howie come to while washing his face in the men's bathroom?
7. What observations does Howie make about his Revere saucepan?
8. Why does Howie consider CVS to be the diary of stores?
9. What do Howie's observations about shampoos lead him to consider?
10. Who does Howie see in the bathroom engaging in what he considers to be poor bathroom etiquette?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)