|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a major difference between home and corporate bathroom?
(a) Stall doors.
(d) Soap dispensers.
2. What record does Howie describe listening to and cleaning with his family?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) My Fair Lady.
(d) Fiddler on the Roof.
3. What color are the paperback classics that line Howie's windowsill in his apartment?
4. What does Howie consider to be an honor to use in the corporate bathroom?
(a) Soap dispensers.
(b) Hot air hand dryer.
(d) Paper towel dispenser.
5. What word is Howie staring at as he stands at the urinal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howie sees the design flaw in escalators as the steps being ______.
2. What is the name of the publishing house of the book Howie reads on his lunch break?
3. What does Howie purchase from Radio Shack for his first apartment?
4. How many times a day does Howie typically use the escalator?
5. What kind of classics does Howie like to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What observations does Howie make about his Revere saucepan?
2. In what way does Howie consider life to be like footnotes?
3. What realization about his broken shoelace does Howie come to while washing his face in the men's bathroom?
4. What are Howie's reflections on the overall safety of escalators?
5. What do Howie's observations about shampoos lead him to consider?
6. Why does Howie eventually stop trying to walk up or down the escalator?
7. Why does Howie consider CVS to be the diary of stores?
8. What does Howie notice as he rushes out the revolving door and onto the plaza for his lunch break?
9. What attracted Howie to the Aurelius book?
10. What does Howie consider to be the dishonesty of the World Dryer Corporation?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)