|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howie refer to his adult thinking life as?
(a) Age of wisdom.
(b) Time stopper.
(c) True Majority.
(d) Major improvment.
2. An image of __________ gave Howie the idea for his deodorant discovery.
3. What does Howie use the cardboard from his dry cleaned shirts for?
(c) Tie holder.
(d) Object retriever.
4. What has Howie taken to be repaired by blind people for L?
5. What is inside Howie's CVS bag?
(c) Nude magazine.
(d) A cookie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Howie have a distinct memory of riding an escalator with his mom?
2. How does Howie's co-worker Ray hurt his back?
3. Howie's seventh major advance has to do with the purchase of a ________.
4. As a child, Howie loved_____.
5. Howie thinks ______ signals to the world that he has a rich, busy life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What compelling realization does Howie remember when driving behind a garbage truck when he is thirty?
2. How does Howie describe the experience of opening a package of shirts from the dry cleaners?
3. How many of Howie's escalator memories come from his childhood?
4. What does Howie mean by "the rule of nostalgia"?
5. What does Howie notice about his shoes as he reties them in Chapter 4?
6. What thoughts about bread does Howie have while riding the subway?
7. How does Howie celebrate what he considers to be the realization that he is an adult?
8. What observations does Howie make about straws while he was at Papa Gino's?
9. What are Howie's observations about shoes and feet at work?
10. What were the "systems of local transport" that Howie liked as a child?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)