|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of L's does Howie find revolting?
(a) Chewing her nails.
(b) Brushing her tongue.
(c) Picking her teeth.
(d) Picking her nose.
2. What does Howie purchase as a reward for making his garbage truck realization?
3. What adult technique did Howie refine as a child?
(a) Avoiding work.
(b) Giving compliments.
(c) Telling time.
(d) Tying shoes.
4. What has Howie taken to be repaired by blind people for L?
5. What has broken at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Left shoelace.
(b) Right shoelace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Howie see for the first time as a child in his best friend's refrigerator?
2. What is the first footnote in Chapter 6 about?
3. What color does Howie describe glowing under the escalator?
4. What coincidence about ___does Tina relate to Howie?
5. What is supposed to be such a common sight that office workers don't comment about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Howie does Howie's shoelace break?
2. Why does Howie consider the purchase of a rubber stamp to be one of his advancements?
3. What were the "systems of local transport" that Howie liked as a child?
4. What is Howie's feeling about ice cube trays?
5. Where is Howie when he believes that his great period of growth as a human has ended?
6. What observations does Howie make about straws while he was at Papa Gino's?
7. What is Howie's focus in Chapter 3?
8. What does Howie consider to be his sixth major advancement in life?
9. What does Howie believe to be the four reasons why it is good for brain cells to die?
10. What is the treat that Howie gives himself after making a resolution to not get carried away by nostalgia?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)