|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howie describe in great detail at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Where does Howie have a distinct memory of riding an escalator with his mom?
(a) Office building.
(b) Train station.
(d) Department store.
3. How does Howie's co-worker Ray hurt his back?
(a) Moving a vending machine.
(c) Cleaning the escalator.
(d) Moving a pool.
4. Howie always needs to have ______ while he walks.
(a) Something to eat.
(b) Something to drink.
(c) One hand free.
(d) A bag.
5. What has Howie taken to be repaired by blind people for L?
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of L's does Howie find revolting?
2. What kind of background does Howie think makes anything look good?
3. What does Howie use the cardboard from his dry cleaned shirts for?
4. Who in Howie's life is allergic to milk?
5. Howie's first footnote is about _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Howie purchase a milk carton at Papa Gino's?
2. What observations does Howie make about straws while he was at Papa Gino's?
3. What are Howie's thoughts on shopping bags?
4. What is Howie's feeling about ice cube trays?
5. What is awkward about Howie trying to sign the poster Tina has gotten for Ray the janitor?
6. What does Howie mean by "the rule of nostalgia"?
7. Howie does Howie's shoelace break?
8. How many of Howie's escalator memories come from his childhood?
9. What does Howie mean by "vibratiuncles of comparison"?
10. What is Howie's reaction to his shoelace breaking at work?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)