|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adult technique did Howie refine as a child?
(a) Avoiding work.
(b) Giving compliments.
(c) Telling time.
(d) Tying shoes.
2. What kind of background does Howie think makes anything look good?
(a) Red satin.
(b) Black velvet.
(c) Blue silk.
(d) White cloth.
3. What possession of Howie's is stolen?
4. What would Howie's mother bring home wrapped in paper?
5. What would Howie eat to get rid of bad breath?
Short Answer Questions
1. What coincidence about ___does Tina relate to Howie?
2. What does Howie refer to his adult thinking life as?
3. What word does Howie feel he says too often?
4. Who was the most help to Howie when he was learning to tie shoes?
5. Howie believes he has the ____ "of a mature person."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Howie believe to be the four reasons why it is good for brain cells to die?
2. What is Howie's focus in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Howie purchase a milk carton at Papa Gino's?
4. What does Howie consider to be his sixth major advancement in life?
5. What were the "systems of local transport" that Howie liked as a child?
6. What does Howie mean by "the rule of nostalgia"?
7. What is Howie's feeling about ice cube trays?
8. What does breaking his shoelace remind Howie of?
9. How many of Howie's escalator memories come from his childhood?
10. Why has Howie mostly given up drinking milk?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)