|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how old does Clara think that Jasper might be?
(a) 35 or 40.
(d) 20 or 30.
2. In Chapter 16 when Clara asks how long before she can see her sister, how long does Madame Soraya tell her it will be?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A day or two.
(c) Three days.
(d) A week.
3. What type of flowers are in the field where the Phipps sets up camp in Chapter 19?
(a) Purple coneflowers.
(b) Black-eyed Susans.
4. In Chapter 25, what does O'Neill say the must wait for before trying to escape?
(b) Soraya to get sick.
(c) Dr. Phipps to die.
(d) Sleeping draught.
5. What happens when Clara is out of the wagon and determines to find Maren?
(a) She cough and chokes.
(b) She twists her ankle.
(c) She trips on a tree branch.
(d) She collapses on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what type of pudding does Clara remember having when O'Neill stayed with them one winter?
2. In Chapter 15, what problem makes the travelers have to stop earlier than they wish?
3. In Chapter 16, where is Clara when she awakes?
4. In Chapter 17, what color are Jasper's eyes?
5. In Chapter 18, how many naps has Soraya had?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Phipps threaten Clara at the end of Chapter 21?
2. How does Soraya have Clara dress and why on the second night of the show in Chapter 20?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Clara say about the preparations for the trip to take Maren to the ocean?
4. At the end of Chapter 23, why does Clara hate O'Neill.
5. What does Clara think of at the end of Chapter 16, to try to stop worrying?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 23, what does Clara see, hear, and smell?
7. In Chapter 16, where is Maren found and what happens to her kidnapper?
8. What does Clara do when a patron tries to harass her when she is in the Gallery of Wonders in Chapter 20?
9. In Chapter 18, where is Maren?
10. In Chapter 25, how does Clara describe what the patrons have seen and done that evening?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)