|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 9, when are O'Neill and Scarff to come to see Clara, Maren, and Auntie?
3. In Chapter 7, what is the gift from Simon?
(c) Lace gloves.
(d) Brown stone.
4. In Chapter 4, what is the first act of the medicine show?
(a) A woman singing.
(b) A man singing.
(c) A boy playing the violin.
(d) A woman playing the piano.
5. In Chapter 11, who invited Verity and Scarff to join him as a traveling merchant?
(a) Peter Creavy.
(b) Davy Martin.
(c) Willie Brady.
(d) Manfred Mayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is the design of Scarff's pipe?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Clara compare O'Neill's signature to on his note?
3. What does Simon say when he is told that he cannot visit Maren again?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Simon Shumsky bring from his mother?
5. In Chapter 9, how do Clara, Maren, and Auntie get a message from O'Neill?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Clara dream?
2. In Chapter 8, what do Auntie and Clara tell Simon when he comes to take Maren to a dance?
3. In Chapter 7, what has O'Neill sent to Auntie, Clara, and Maren?
4. How does Scarff say that he met Verity in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 12, who peeks into the window at Verity's home and what does he see?
6. How does Pilsner fit into the family in Chapter 10?
7. In Chapter 7, what do Maren and Clara do after breakfast on Christmas morning?
8. How does Clara describe the caravan that Scarff and O'Neill travel with?
9. How is a section of Pinkney's field set up for the medicine show?
10. In Chapter 1, how is Maren changing?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)