|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what medicine is Clara given for his throat and lungs?
(a) Purple syrup.
(b) Honey and lemon.
(c) Elderberry syrup.
(d) Red syrup.
2. In Chapter 23, how many dances does Clara dance with Jasper?
3. In Chapter 16, what sound is made when Soraya pushes the door flap of a tent open?
(b) Tinkling bells.
(c) Clanking beads.
4. In Chapter 24, what is the fan made of that Soraya uses?
5. In Chapter 13, how much sleep do Clara and O'Neill get the night before they leave for the ocean?
(a) 4 hours.
(c) A couple hours.
(d) 6 hours.
6. What is a woman wearing who bends over Clara in Chapter 15?
(a) Pink and blue silk.
(b) White and red slik.
(c) Red and purple silk.
(d) Yellow and green silk.
7. What was the name of Jasper's wife?
8. In Chapter 219, how many times does Dr. Phipps bow when he starts the show?
9. In Chapter 24, what flowers does Clara remember are on Auntie's favorite apron?
10. What covers and hides Maren from view in the small caravan in Chapter 18?
(a) Blue velvet fabric.
(b) Red velvet fabric.
(c) A wooden panel.
(d) A silk screen.
11. What does Clara hear at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A loud cracking sounds.
(b) The sound of tree branches on the wagon.
(d) Something big running through the forest.
12. In Chapter 17, how old does Clara think that Jasper might be?
(b) 20 or 30.
(c) 35 or 40.
13. In Chapter 25, what does Jasper yell and ask O'Neill to bring?
(a) Horse shoes.
(c) Horse blankets.
(d) The horses' tack.
14. In Chapter 17, what is Jasper's middle name?
15. In Chapter 16, where is Clara when she awakes?
(a) In a hammock in a small tent.
(b) On a mat beside a fire.
(c) On a cot in a big tent.
(d) In a traveling wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how many people have died from not drinking Beloved Bondage?
2. In Chapter 14, what jewelry does Pilsner bring Clara?
3. How much do people have to pay to enter the Gallery of Wonders in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 20, what type of pudding does Clara remember having when O'Neill stayed with them one winter?
5. At the end of Chapter 25, how many days does Clara decide to wait before she acts with or without O'Neill?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)