|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual talents does Pilsner have?
(a) Playing checkers and dancing.
(b) Mixing herbs and making tisanes.
(c) Knitting and washing dishes.
(d) Reading and singing.
2. In Chapter 8 in Clara's dream when she is dressed as a boy, what does she carry that bounces against her leg?
(c) Magic wand.
(d) Walking stick.
3. In Chapter 4, how far a walk do Clara and Maren have if Simon does not drive them home?
(a) 2 1/2 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
4. How old will Maren and Clara be on their birthdays in Chapter 5?
5. What does Simon say when he is told that he cannot visit Maren again?
(a) "I cannot bear it."
(b) "Forgive me."
(c) "But I love her."
(d) "I'll find a cure."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why did a prince of the Ottoman Empire sells everything he brought from home?
2. In Chapter 9, what did Clara, Maren, and Auntie do in winters past?
3. Where does Clara find a note from O'Neill in Chapter 4?
4. What is Auntie Verity's last name?
5. In Chapter 9, where is Maren when Mr. Peterman and his son make a delivery?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)