1. What is the year at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. When Osbert comes to get the girls for dinner in Chapter 1, how long has Maren been in the water?
(a) An hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
3. In Chapter 1, what type of flower does Maren pick on her way home for supper?
(a) Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) Lady's Slipper.
4. In Chapter 1, when does Auntie say that Maren and Clara came to her?
5. In Chapter 1, who does Auntie say brought Clara to her?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A stork.
(c) A lion.
(d) A dog.
6. In Chapter 1, what color are Maren's eyes?
(a) Greenish brown.
7. In Chapter 2, what type of flowers does Osbert knock the heads off from?
(a) Purple coneflowers.
(b) Crown vetch.
(d) Black-eyed Susans.
8. What are the names of Scarff's horses in Chapter 2?
(a) Morgan and March.
(b) Sam and September.
(c) Job and January.
(d) Jinx and June.
This section contains 3,519 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)