• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Noble, Carrie. The Mermaid’s Sister. Skyscape. 2015. Paperback.
• In Chapter 1 it is 1870 on Lianfair Mountain in Pennsylvania.
• Sixteen-year-old Clara sees the words “Wishing gets you nothing” carved into an old tree many years before. (7)
• Clara is wishing that her sister will come out of the pond where visitors have tossed pebbles for hundreds of years as payment to a water sprite for wishes.
• Maren has been below the surface of the pond for an hour.
• Bubbles rise from her mouth to the surface of the water.
• Osbert, a wyvern, comes to bring Clara and Maren home for dinner.
• Their Auntie has sent him.
• He grabs Maren from the water.
• Maren is turning into a mermaid, and she wonders if Clara will visit her in the sea.
• Maren and Clara live with Verity Amsell...
This section contains 3,693 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)