|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, The First Image: The Warriors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defended the use of these mnemonic devices as part of the moral regulation of memory?
(a) Cornelius Agrippa.
(c) Thomas Aquinas.
2. Which war(s) did Ricci study that influenced his ideas about warfare?
(a) The Peloponnesian War.
(b) The Punic Wars.
(c) The Crusades.
(d) The Hundred Years War.
3. How long had the Chinese practiced the art of splitting their idiographs?
(a) Two thousand years.
(b) One thousand years.
(c) They had never done it.
(d) Fifty years.
4. Matteo Ricci lived during which period of time?
(a) The Reformation.
(b) The Medieval Period.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Enlightenment.
5. What were Ricci's rules for picking an area in the memory palace to store the new image of the idiograph "wu"?
(a) Find a quiet and small space.
(b) Find a large and wide space.
(c) Find a small and narrow space.
(d) Find a clean and dry space.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Chapter One: Building the Palace", how did Ricci believe that humans could remember anything?
2. According to Ricci, how is the size of the memory palace determined?
3. How did Ricci use the first four memory images in his memory palace?
4. What was the new image of the idiograph of "wu"?
5. Whom did Ricci meet in Lisbon, Portugal, who died without an heir?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)