|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ruth's death, what did Jack worry about?
(a) How he could run the business that he had in town.
(b) Who would run the farm.
(c) Who would cook his food.
(d) How he would live alone.
2. What is the best description of Rose and Jack's interaction with one another?
(a) Jack gossiped about her along with the rest of the people in the town, so they did not talk to one another.
(b) There was an unspoken attraction between the two of the them.
(c) Jack hated her, but Rose liked him.
(d) Their interactions were strictly business like.
3. After Jack's lawyer gives the tenant the news, where does he go?
(a) Into the barn.
(b) Into the shed.
(c) Into the fields.
(d) Into the house.
4. How does Andy's girlfriend feel about their relationship?
(a) She wants to break up before they go to college.
(b) She wants to get married before Andy goes to college.
(c) She has less serious thoughts about their relationship.
(d) She wants to get married as soon as Andy graduates from college.
5. Why doesn't Jack recognize Andy?
(a) He has gone blind.
(b) Because of old age and senility.
(c) Andy's face is disfigured from the fire.
(d) He doesn't know Andy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Andy's girlfriend going?
2. Who was one of Jack's personal heroes?
3. What does Jack's lawyer see as he lingers at Jacks place?
4. What was the reason for the relationship that Jack and Glad had with one another?
5. What is the best description of Glad Pettit's financial status?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Jack and Rose following Jack's decision that he made after the accident on the flooded road?
2. What does Mat observe and realize after the preacher concludes his prayer during Jack's funeral?
3. What does Andy do before he leaves Port William to go to college?
4. Who is Wheeler and why has he had to spend more time away from the farm than usual?
5. What was Clara's life like after college?
6. What happened to Ben not long after Jack paid him the money Jack borrowed from him?
7. After his accident on the flooded roadway, what had Jack decided to do?
8. How did the townspeople feel about Rose McInnis and her husband?
9. How did people pay their respects to Jack at the Felter's house?
10. What happens in Chapter Nine when Jack goes back to his room?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)