|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who annoys Mat on the day of the funeral service?
(a) His wife.
(c) The preacher.
2. What is the reason for Mat's reaction to Jack's death?
(a) They weren't that close.
(b) They had been friends for over sixty years, but Mat knows it was time for Jack to go.
(c) Mat did not think that it was time for Jack to die.
(d) Jack had tried to take Mat's wife.
3. How does Andy's girlfriend feel about their relationship?
(a) She wants to get married before Andy goes to college.
(b) She wants to break up before they go to college.
(c) She wants to get married as soon as Andy graduates from college.
(d) She has less serious thoughts about their relationship.
4. After changing his feelings about Rose, what did Jack decide to accept about his marriage?
(a) It was time to make the marriage work.
(b) That he needed to stay faithful to his wife even though he didn't want to.
(c) It could withstand a friendship with another woman.
(d) It was loveless.
5. What is the doubt that Andy's girlfriend has about their relationship?
(a) She doubts Andy's love for her.
(b) She doubts the relationship will survive the distance when they go to different colleges.
(c) She is afraid that there will be too much studying to do to keep dating.
(d) She doubts Andy can remain faithful to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unusual amount of energy cause Mat to do?
2. What does Mat realize the Pettit's want?
3. When Mat finds out that Jack hasn't completed his normal morning routine, what does Mat do?
4. How does Rose die?
5. What is Mat's wife always working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of funeral does Mat know Jack wanted to have?
2. What was Jack's relationship with Glad like?
3. What does Margaret Feltner tell Andy before he leaves?
4. After Wheeler gives Elton the news about the farm, what does Wheeler do?
5. What was Ruth's reaction when she discovered her husband's infidelities?
6. What does Mat observe and realize after the preacher concludes his prayer during Jack's funeral?
7. What significant event occurred in Jack's life after Rose's death?
8. How did the townspeople feel about Rose McInnis and her husband?
9. Who is Wheeler and why has he had to spend more time away from the farm than usual?
10. Why is Mat annoyed with the preacher during Jack's funeral?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)