1. As the novel opens, what is Jack's age?
In his 90s.
2. When the novel opens, where is Jack standing?
On his porch.
3. At the very start of the novel, to what is Jack listening?
Mat calling to his cows.
4. What reminds Jack about buying mules many years ago?
Hearing wagons move in the distance.
5. When did Jack buy his team of mules?
Shortly after he took possession of his family's home.
6. How did Jack feel about the mules?
He was proud of them.
This section contains 5,714 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)