|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Here We Leave Him to His Rest, Chapter Twelve, Wheeler, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack remember about what occurred on the day after the mules arrived?
(a) Jack, Ben, and Mat went for a ride in the countryside.
(b) Jack and Ben went for a ride into town.
(c) Ben and Mat got in a fight.
(d) One of the mules died.
2. What object does Jack's lawyer see that has a picture of Jack's hero on it?
(a) A cigarette carton.
(b) A poster.
(c) A coffee mug.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
3. To whom was Rose McInnis married?
(a) A farmer.
(b) She was Mat Feltner's first wife.
(c) An old doctor.
(d) Jack's brother.
4. What is Jack's state of mind when Mat arrives at the store?
(a) Jack is talking to his daughter in the store.
(b) A man Mat has never seen before is speaking with Jack.
(c) Jack is lecturing a group of men about farming.
(d) Jack is lost in his thoughts.
5. What is the best description of Rose and Jack's interaction with one another?
(a) Jack hated her, but Rose liked him.
(b) Jack gossiped about her along with the rest of the people in the town, so they did not talk to one another.
(c) Their interactions were strictly business like.
(d) There was an unspoken attraction between the two of the them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is easy for Jack to remember?
2. How did Jack feel about the mules?
3. What does everyone talk about during the group dinner?
4. When Mat watches the Pettits leave, what does he realize?
5. Why has Jack's lawyer been away from the country?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)