|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Here We Leave Him to His Rest, Chapter Twelve, Wheeler, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invitation does Mat extend to Jack once in the store?
(a) Move in with he and Margaret.
(b) Buy a piece of his land to add to the farm.
(c) Eat dinner with his family.
(d) Become his partner in business.
2. After Will leaves, who does Jack hire?
(a) A man who remains unnamed by the author.
(c) No one.
3. Where did Ruth die?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the ambulance.
(c) At the farm house.
(d) At Clara's house.
4. What was Jack's reputation?
(a) A reputation for immoral behavior.
(b) A man of excellent character.
(c) A cheerful, optimistic encourager.
(d) A grouchy, uncommunicative jerk.
5. Once Mat determines that Jack is dead, what does he do?
(a) He prepares everything for Jack's burial.
(b) He tells everyone in town that Jack is dead.
(c) He falls into is wife's arms in grief.
(d) He goes back to his own work, thinking about Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who annoys Mat on the day of the funeral service?
2. After Mat extends his invitation to Jack, what does Jack do?
3. What was significant about Rose McInnis's marriage?
4. What does Mat realize the Pettit's want?
5. How old was jack when his mom died?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)