|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Hunger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mat Felter as he watches Jack staring wistfully on his porch?
2. What happens right before Jack decides to leave the store?
(a) Forgets to pay for the items he bought.
(b) Has a brief interchange with Burley Coulter.
(c) Trips over the leg of the chair.
(d) Sees an old girlfriend.
3. What happened prior to Jack's marriage to his wife?
(a) Jack's father died.
(b) They had a courtship.
(c) He had doubts about marrying her.
(d) Jack's mother died.
4. What was Ruth's character like?
(a) Pessimistic and despondent.
(d) Conservative and proper.
5. What does Mat's wife, Margaret, suggest to Mat regarding Jack?
(a) Jack should move in with his daughter.
(b) Jack should move in with them.
(c) Mat and Margaret should move in with Jack.
(d) His daughter should move in with Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase best describes the beginning of Jack's marriage to his wife?
2. What is significant about Jasper Lathrope's store?
3. What happens after Will leaves?
4. What are Andy's plans?
5. What time of the week did Jack take off from working?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)