|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Ben.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mat extends his invitation to Jack, what does Jack do?
(a) Leaves the store.
(b) Returns to his memories about his wife, Nancy.
(c) Returns to his conversation with the men.
(d) Returns to his memories about his wife, Ruth.
2. About how many years ago did the events of the memory occur?
(a) 10 years ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 64 years ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
3. Where is the Berlew's new house?
(b) Port Williams.
4. What invitation does Mat extend to Jack once in the store?
(a) Eat dinner with his family.
(b) Buy a piece of his land to add to the farm.
(c) Become his partner in business.
(d) Move in with he and Margaret.
5. What is significant about Jasper Lathrope's store?
(a) It serves as a social center for Port Williams.
(b) They sell state of the art tractors.
(c) It used to be owned by Jack's father.
(d) A famous murder occured there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mat Felter as he watches Jack staring wistfully on his porch?
2. At the very start of the novel, to what is Jack listening?
3. What reminds Jack about buying mules many years ago?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jack standing?
5. What does Jack remember about what occurred on the day after the mules arrived?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)