|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David stop taking photos?
2. How does Paul stay home while David is missing?
3. How does Norah feel when she hears the truth about Phoebe?
4. What kind of work is Phoebe being trained to do?
5. What is the name of the boy Phoebe wants to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
2. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
3. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
4. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
5. What does David think about while he looks through the pictures Caroline left him?
6. What was Phoebe doing when Caroline found her inside a pipe?
7. What does Phebe say about weddings while at Norah's wedding?
8. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
9. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
10. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)