|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelle do when Paul tells her about his sister?
2. What kind of place does David live in with Rosemary?
3. What does Paul take with him when he runs away?
4. What is the first thing Paul notices about Phoebe when he meets her?
5. What is the main thing David has tried to protect Paul from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
2. What scares Caroline enough for her to file a police report?
3. What does Norah realize while they all drive back after picking up Paul from prison?
4. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
5. What happens when Paul takes Phoebe to visit David's grave?
6. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
7. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
8. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
9. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
10. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Kim Edwards in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)