|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul feel when David brings Rosemary home?
2. How does Paul stay home while David is missing?
3. What kind of work is Phoebe being trained to do?
4. How does Norah feel when David brings Rosemary home?
5. What does David say photography uncovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Paul takes Phoebe to visit David's grave?
2. What does Norah realize while they all drive back after picking up Paul from prison?
3. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
4. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
5. What was Phoebe doing when Caroline found her inside a pipe?
6. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
7. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
8. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
9. What does Paul say that makes Norah slap him?
10. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot, especially as Norah deals with the death of her daughter. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)