|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do instead of committing suicide?
2. What is the main thing David has tried to protect Paul from?
3. What does Paul take with him when he runs away?
4. How long has David been dead when Caroline finds out about her secret bank account from him?
5. Who does David think is responsible for the distance between him and Norah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Phoebe doing when Caroline found her inside a pipe?
2. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
3. What does Norah realize while they all drive back after picking up Paul from prison?
4. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
5. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
6. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
7. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
8. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
9. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
10. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)