|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caroline get to the museum?
2. Where is Paul caught stealing?
3. What kind of place does David live in with Rosemary?
4. What instrument does Paul's girlfriend play?
5. Who plays the organ at Norah's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
2. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
3. What does Norah realize while they all drive back after picking up Paul from prison?
4. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
5. What scares Caroline enough for her to file a police report?
6. What does David think about while he looks through the pictures Caroline left him?
7. What happens when Paul takes Phoebe to visit David's grave?
8. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
9. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
10. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)