|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norah feel when she hears the truth about Phoebe?
2. How does Norah feel when David brings Rosemary home?
3. How long has David been dead when Caroline finds out about her secret bank account from him?
4. What does Michelle do when Paul tells her about his sister?
5. What does Paul know will happen when Michelle's career takes off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
2. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
3. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
4. What happens when Paul takes Phoebe to visit David's grave?
5. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
6. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
7. What does David think about while he looks through the pictures Caroline left him?
8. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
9. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
10. What has Phoebe had to learn not to do when in public?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Al is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)