|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul caught stealing?
2. What does Caroline tell Phoebe taking care of a baby is like?
3. What does Michelle do when Paul tells her about his sister?
4. What does Paul do at his friend's house when the adults are gone?
5. What does David show Paul a picture of when he talks about potential?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
2. What has Phoebe had to learn not to do when in public?
3. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
4. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
5. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
6. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
7. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
8. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
9. What was Phoebe doing when Caroline found her inside a pipe?
10. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Kim Edwards in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)