|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norah feel when David brings Rosemary home?
2. What does Phoebe do when she and Paul visit David's grave?
3. What kind of exhibit does Caroline go to see at the museum?
4. What kind of work is Phoebe being trained to do?
5. What bothers Norah about her new lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
2. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
3. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
4. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
5. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
6. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
7. What does David think about while he looks through the pictures Caroline left him?
8. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
9. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
10. What was Phoebe doing when Caroline found her inside a pipe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)