|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David know about Norah's affair with Howard?
2. What instrument does Paul play?
3. What changes happen in Bree because of her illness?
4. What is the name of the friend Paul plays dangerous games with?
5. Where do Paul and his friend make a big mess while his parents are out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phebe say about weddings while at Norah's wedding?
2. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
3. What does Paul say that makes Norah slap him?
4. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
5. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
6. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
7. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
8. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
9. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
10. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)