|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul know will happen when Michelle's career takes off?
2. Where does Paul choose to go when he runs away?
3. What does Michelle do when Paul tells her about his sister?
4. How does Paul stay home while David is missing?
5. What is the main thing David has tried to protect Paul from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
2. What does Paul say that makes Norah slap him?
3. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
4. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
5. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
6. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
7. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
8. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
9. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
10. What scares Caroline enough for her to file a police report?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)