|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelle do when Paul tells her about his sister?
2. Why does David leave his medical practice?
3. How does Paul stay home while David is missing?
4. How does Paul feel when David brings Rosemary home?
5. When does David stop taking photos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phebe say about weddings while at Norah's wedding?
2. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
3. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
4. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
5. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
6. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
7. What has Phoebe had to learn not to do when in public?
8. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
9. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
10. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Al is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)