|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caroline get to the museum?
2. Where does Paul choose to go when he runs away?
3. What does Phoebe promise to make for Norah when they first meet?
4. Where do Paul and his friend play dangerous games?
5. What does Paul do at his friend's house when the adults are gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
2. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
3. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
4. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
5. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
6. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
7. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
8. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
9. What has Phoebe had to learn not to do when in public?
10. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)