|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rosemary moving to Harrisburg?
2. Where does David consider killing himself?
3. Who does David think is responsible for the distance between him and Norah?
4. What instrument does Paul play?
5. Where do Paul and his friend play dangerous games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
2. What does Paul say that makes Norah slap him?
3. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
4. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
5. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
6. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
7. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
8. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
9. What has Phoebe had to learn not to do when in public?
10. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)