|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe do when she and Paul visit David's grave?
2. Where does Paul choose to go when he runs away?
3. Who plays the organ at Norah's wedding?
4. Where is Paul caught stealing?
5. Where does Paul steal money from his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scares Caroline enough for her to file a police report?
2. What happens when Paul takes Phoebe to visit David's grave?
3. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
4. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
5. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
6. What was Phoebe doing when Caroline found her inside a pipe?
7. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
8. What does Paul say that makes Norah slap him?
9. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
10. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Al is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)