|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big company does Norah's business have a proposal for?
2. How does David know about Norah's affair with Howard?
3. What does Phoebe promise to make for Norah when they first meet?
4. What is the name of the boy Phoebe wants to marry?
5. Who plays the organ at Norah's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
2. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
3. What scares Caroline enough for her to file a police report?
4. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
5. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
6. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
7. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
8. What does Norah realize while they all drive back after picking up Paul from prison?
9. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
10. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by Kim Edwards in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Caring for and accepting individuals with disabilities is a huge theme of this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does it affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)