|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norah feel when David brings Rosemary home?
2. What is the main thing David has tried to protect Paul from?
3. How does Caroline get to the museum?
4. When does David stop taking photos?
5. Who does David think is responsible for the distance between him and Norah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
2. What happens when Paul takes Phoebe to visit David's grave?
3. What has Phoebe had to learn not to do when in public?
4. What does Paul say that makes Norah slap him?
5. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
6. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
7. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
8. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
9. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
10. What does Phebe say about weddings while at Norah's wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
Essay Topic 3
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)