|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bree come to Paris with Norah?
2. What is the name of Norah's new lover?
3. What college does Paul get accepted to?
4. What does Phoebe do when she and Paul visit David's grave?
5. What is the name of the boy Phoebe wants to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David say to Rosemary when he awakens, tied up in his old house?
2. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
3. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
4. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
5. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
6. What does Paul say that makes Norah slap him?
7. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
8. What do Norah and Paul talk about when Paul learns that his father has died?
9. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
10. What does Phebe say about weddings while at Norah's wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)