|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phoebe on a waiting list for?
2. What does Paul know will happen when Michelle's career takes off?
3. What does David do instead of committing suicide?
4. What does Caroline tell Phoebe taking care of a baby is like?
5. Why does Bree come to Paris with Norah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
2. How does Norah feel when she sits by the river with Frederick?
3. What does Phebe say about weddings while at Norah's wedding?
4. What does Caroline say she felt like while she raised Phoebe?
5. What does Al decide after his accident at work, and how does Caroline respond to this?
6. How does Caroline feel as she walks home from the museum?
7. What happens when Paul wakes up after making a huge mess in the darkroom?
8. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
9. What does Paul tell David he wants to do, and what is David's response to this?
10. What does Paul realize about himself while he talks to Phoebe in her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
David's past largely affected the course of David's life. What experiences from his past had this influence, and how did these influences change his relationships with others?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)