|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Paul and his friend play dangerous games?
2. How does Norah feel when David brings Rosemary home?
3. Where does David go right after the memorial service for Phoebe?
4. What kind of place does David live in with Rosemary?
5. What is the name of the boy Phoebe wants to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Phoebe doing when Caroline found her inside a pipe?
2. What does Norah do with David's photos after hearing the truth about Phoebe?
3. What does Norah do when Bree is diagnosed with cancer?
4. What did David say he did after Phoebe's memorial?
5. What does Bree say she wants to do after finding out she has cancer?
6. What does David think about while he looks through the pictures Caroline left him?
7. What does Norah realize while they all drive back after picking up Paul from prison?
8. What does David do when he goes to visit Norah at her house after Rosemary leaves?
9. What does Norah tell Paul she understands now that she knows about Phoebe?
10. How did David die, and how does Paul feel when he hears the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Music was something that was incredibly important to Paul. Why was this so important to him, and how did this shape his character and guide his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)