|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do at his friend's house when the adults are gone?
2. What is the main thing David has tried to protect Paul from?
3. What does Phoebe do when she and Paul visit David's grave?
4. What does Phoebe promise to make for Norah when they first meet?
5. What is the first thing Paul notices about Phoebe when he meets her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main barriers between Norah and David, and how were these resolved by the end of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Photography was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the plot along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the main differences between Phoebe and most of the other people around her? How did some people respond to these differences?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)