|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Sir John Shepherd born?
2. What was particular about the woman who brought suit against the NYU?
3. Why did Judt have a wet leg after a demonstration?
4. What is preferred today to artifice in language according to Judt?
5. What does Zakhor mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judt remember about all his family vacations?
2. What did Judt spend hours listening to?
3. What personal history does Judt recount in "Part Two: Work"?
4. What did Judt do in the end?
5. When did Judt attend King's College of Cambridge according to "Part Two: Meritocrats"?
6. What did Judt do during his midlife crisis in "Midlife Crisis"?
7. What did Judt wish was in his pocket?
8. What is "Ketman"?
9. What was the university where Judt worked in the 1990s rife with according to "Part Three: Girls, Girls, Girls"?
10. What did Judt note was perhaps the most valuable aspect of his education at King's College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a French intellectual and discuss their influence on French society.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Judt's explores the feud between Israelis and Palestinians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that anti-Semitism played in the life of Tony Judt.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)