|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jan Kavan exiled from?
2. Why were higher education prospects grim in England at the time Judt came to NYU?
3. What is the point of adult existence according to Judt?
4. Who had a sound theological basis for restricting their desires and those of others?
5. What doesn't Judt "Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Judt prefer to live on?
2. What cities do not spring to mind when one considers a "world city" in "Part Three: New York, New York"?
3. What did Judt wish was in his pocket?
4. What does Judt remember about all his family vacations?
5. What aspect does a "world city" have according to Judt?
6. What conflict does Judt explore in the essay?
7. Why is it considered un-trendy to love Switzerland in "Part Three: Magic Mountains"?
8. What was the university where Judt worked in the 1990s rife with according to "Part Three: Girls, Girls, Girls"?
9. What did Judt do for the first time in "Part Three: Go West, Young Judt"?
10. What study did Judt think was ludicrous in "Part Three: Edge People"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the comparison Judt makes between Winston Churchill and George W. Bush.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Judt's thoughts whenever someone asks him what it means to be Jewish and his conclusions regarding Judaism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that anti-Semitism played in the life of Tony Judt.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)