|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in Mexico City?
2. What was the former profession of the student Judt counseled during his semester off?
3. What years did the French Revolution take place?
4. Where was Judt in November 1989?
5. When was NYU founded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Judt visit a few years before onset of his disease in "Part Three: Captive Minds"?
2. What did Judt note was perhaps the most valuable aspect of his education at King's College?
3. What did Judt do in the end?
4. What did Judt prefer to live on?
5. What study did Judt think was ludicrous in "Part Three: Edge People"?
6. Why is it considered un-trendy to love Switzerland in "Part Three: Magic Mountains"?
7. Who is Toni in "Part Three: Toni" and why does he reference this person?
8. What did Judt do for the first time in "Part Three: Go West, Young Judt"?
9. What did public universities boast?
10. What conflict does Judt explore in the essay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Judt romanticizes nostalgia in "The Lord Warden" and analyze the symbols he uses.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the bohemian style represented at King's college and the effect it had on Tony Judt.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss anti-sexual harassment protection in the sexual revolution of the 1960s.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)