|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique to ALS compared to other neuron disorders?
2. How long did the average bus trip take on the Green Line?
3. When were the five coastal settlements granted special freedoms?
4. Where was Judt's mother raised in earshot of?
5. What was Judt's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mainstream obsessions did Judt take part in according to "Part Two: Kibbutz"?
2. What does Judt explain his love of?
3. What does Tony Judt explain about the essays in the collection in the "Preface"?
4. What did his memory help him cope with?
5. What did Judt have a deep affection for in "Part Two: Paris was Yesterday"?
6. What movement did Judt join in the 1960s?
7. What common things did Judt's father dislike and what did he crave after moving to Britain in adulthood?
8. What did Judt reflect on the presence of in "Part Two: Bedders"?
9. What were many students uncomfortable with?
10. What does Judt spend the majority of the essay "Part One: Putney" describing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Judt's explores the feud between Israelis and Palestinians.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the bohemian style represented at King's college and the effect it had on Tony Judt.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Judt's diagnosis of ALS and how his memories helped him cope with his paralysis.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)