|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Judt's grandparent's religion?
2. Where is home according to the saying in "Putney"?
3. When did the "Car Culture" come to western Europe?
4. How many of Judt's uncles served with the 8th Army during the war?
5. What was the Emanuel School in Battersea modeled after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Europe according to "Part One: The Lord Warden"?
2. What was painful to note for Judt?
3. What does Tony Judt explain about the essays in the collection in the "Preface"?
4. What were many students uncomfortable with?
5. What does Judt explain his love of?
6. What did Judt have a deep affection for in "Part Two: Paris was Yesterday"?
7. Why did Judt feel uncomfortable in his youth?
8. What does Judt bring the reader through?
9. What did Judt attend in London and what did many teachers believe in "Part Two: Joe"?
10. What would happen once he was placed in his bed by his nurse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Judt's explores the feud between Israelis and Palestinians.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the background of Czeslaw Milosz and his personal beliefs and Judts's interpretations regarding ketman.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the comparison Judt makes between Winston Churchill and George W. Bush.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)