|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Judt go to Israel?
(a) Ferry and then by train.
(b) Ferry and then by car.
(c) A freighter.
(d) By plane.
2. Why did a female student think Judt was discriminating against her ?
(a) She was given bad grades.
(b) She was not invited to a seminar.
(c) She was expelled.
(d) She tried to get invited to dinner.
3. What do Russians consider a "small Slav language"?
4. When did Judt go to Berkeley?
5. When was Sir John Shepherd born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews attend Synagogue at least once a month in the U.S.?
2. What was Judt the first in his family to do?
3. What had happened by the time Judt moved to Paris?
4. What did Switzerland urge Hitler to do?
5. How many people live in Mexico City?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Toni in "Part Three: Toni" and why does he reference this person?
2. What study did Judt think was ludicrous in "Part Three: Edge People"?
3. What did Judt do during his midlife crisis in "Midlife Crisis"?
4. What does Judt remember about all his family vacations?
5. Why is it considered un-trendy to love Switzerland in "Part Three: Magic Mountains"?
6. Who was Jan Kavan and why did Judt meet with him?
7. What conflict does Judt explore in the essay?
8. What was Judt surrounded by as a child in "Part Two: Words"?
9. What did Judt note was perhaps the most valuable aspect of his education at King's College?
10. What did Judt prefer to live on?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)