|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Miłosz born?
2. What years did the French Revolution take place?
3. Why did Judt have a wet leg after a demonstration?
(a) A white paint bomb.
(b) A red paint bomb.
(c) A green paint bomb.
(d) A blue paint bomb.
4. When did Meyer London emigrate to New York?
5. How big were English large pizzas according to Judt?
(a) 10 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 12 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is preferred today to artifice in language according to Judt?
2. Where was Judt teaching in the early 1980s?
3. What did the Brescia region municipality promise during Christmas 2009?
4. Where is the restored manor house of Czesław Miłosz according to "Captive Mind"?
5. When did Alexander Pope say "True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest, What oft was Thought, but ne'er so well Exprest"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect does a "world city" have according to Judt?
2. What cities do not spring to mind when one considers a "world city" in "Part Three: New York, New York"?
3. What was Judt surrounded by as a child in "Part Two: Words"?
4. What did Judt prefer to live on?
5. What did Judt note was perhaps the most valuable aspect of his education at King's College?
6. When did Judt attend King's College of Cambridge according to "Part Two: Meritocrats"?
7. What was the university where Judt worked in the 1990s rife with according to "Part Three: Girls, Girls, Girls"?
8. What did Judt spend hours listening to?
9. What does Judt remember about all his family vacations?
10. What was trendy in "Part Two: Revolutionaries"?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)