|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Judt's father born?
2. When was the "Captive Mind' published?
3. Where was Judt in November 1989?
4. Where were the sherries of Judt's youth from according to "Go West, Young Judt"?
(a) South Africa.
5. What is preferred today to artifice in language according to Judt?
(b) "Natural" expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose authority did Judt reject?
2. What does Zakhor mean?
3. How old was Judt's son when the two flew to Switzerland?
4. What was particular about the woman who brought suit against the NYU?
5. Where is the restored manor house of Czesław Miłosz according to "Captive Mind"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was trendy in "Part Two: Revolutionaries"?
2. What does Judt remember about all his family vacations?
3. What did public universities boast?
4. What did Judt wish was in his pocket?
5. What was Judt surrounded by as a child in "Part Two: Words"?
6. What study did Judt think was ludicrous in "Part Three: Edge People"?
7. What did Judt prefer to live on?
8. What happened to Toni?
9. What cities do not spring to mind when one considers a "world city" in "Part Three: New York, New York"?
10. When did Judt attend King's College of Cambridge according to "Part Two: Meritocrats"?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)