|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country can you have snow cheaper than in Switzerland ?
2. How did Judt go to Israel?
(a) Ferry and then by train.
(b) A freighter.
(c) By plane.
(d) Ferry and then by car.
3. When was "The Uses of Literacy" published?
4. What had happened by the time Judt moved to Paris?
(a) Most people in the world had stopped speaking German.
(b) Most people in the world had stopped speaking French.
(c) Most people in the world had stopped speaking English.
(d) Most people in the world had stopped speaking Italian.
5. What sport did Judt play in Cambridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Judt's father born?
2. What do Russians consider a "small Slav language"?
3. What is a dangerous word according to "Edge People"?
4. Why did a female student think Judt was discriminating against her ?
5. When did Judt go to Berkeley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judt remember about all his family vacations?
2. What did Judt spend hours listening to?
3. What did Judt prefer to live on?
4. Why is it considered un-trendy to love Switzerland in "Part Three: Magic Mountains"?
5. When did Judt attend King's College of Cambridge according to "Part Two: Meritocrats"?
6. What did Judt wish was in his pocket?
7. Who was Jan Kavan and why did Judt meet with him?
8. What was Judt surrounded by as a child in "Part Two: Words"?
9. What did Judt do during his midlife crisis in "Midlife Crisis"?
10. What personal history does Judt recount in "Part Two: Work"?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)