|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Joe have Judt parsing German sentences at?
(a) During lunch time.
(b) 2 A.M.
(c) After school.
(d) 1 A.M.
2. What shocked Judt in his time on the Golan Heights after the Six Days War?
(a) The camp conditions.
(b) The constant prayer.
(c) The soldiers attitude toward theArabs.
(d) The constant attacks.
3. What did Judt do at school to please his father?
(a) Played tennis.
(b) Played rugby.
(c) Played golf.
4. Where was Judt living during the rationing years?
(a) In the second home of his grandparents.
(b) In a one story house.
(c) In a modern housing project.
(d) Above the hairdressing salon where his parents worked.
5. How many cars did The Lord Warden accommodate?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was food rationed until after WWII?
2. When did Judt's father arrive in England?
3. What were irresistible play places for boys?
4. When was the last Green Bus of the day during the 1960s?
5. Why were the bedders somewhat of an anachronism when Judt attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the Green Line today with that in the past?
2. What does Judt spend the majority of the essay "Part One: Putney" describing?
3. What was painful to note for Judt?
4. What did his memory help him cope with?
5. What does Judt encourage the reader to think about?
6. What were many students uncomfortable with?
7. What does Judt explain his love of?
8. What did Judt reflect on the presence of in "Part Two: Bedders"?
9. What did cars symbolize for Judt's generation in "Part One: Cars"?
10. What movement did Judt join in the 1960s?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)