|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique to ALS compared to other neuron disorders?
(a) There is a great deal of pain.
(b) There is no pain and no loss of sensation.
(c) There is loss of sensations.
(d) Memories are the first to go.
2. When did Cambridge start to accept female students?
3. What was bliss during Judt's childhood?
(a) Playing orchestra.
4. Why was Renault nationalized after the War?
(a) The founder was killed during the war.
(b) The founder was a collaborator.
(c) The founder wanted to retire.
(d) The company was in too much debt.
5. When did the Judt family leave Putney?
(a) When Tony was 10.
(b) When Tony was 16.
(c) When Tony was 12.
(d) When Tony was 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Judt's father spend his youth according to "Food"?
2. What did Judt associate English food with?
3. By what age had Judt become, been, and ceased to be a Zionist, a Marxist, and a communitarian settler?
4. When did the "Car Culture" come to western Europe?
5. Who owned the SS Dinard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen once he was placed in his bed by his nurse?
2. Why did Judt feel uncomfortable in his youth?
3. Where was Judt accepted?
4. What mainstream obsessions did Judt take part in according to "Part Two: Kibbutz"?
5. What does Tony Judt explain about the essays in the collection in the "Preface"?
6. What were many students uncomfortable with?
7. Why was a bedder nearly inconsolable?
8. What does Judt spend the majority of the essay "Part One: Putney" describing?
9. How did Judt's mother's cooking contrast with Judt's paternal grandmother's cooking?
10. What did Judt seek release from and where was he accepted?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)