|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card game was Judt taught at the Chalet?
2. Where was Judt living during the rationing years?
(a) Above the hairdressing salon where his parents worked.
(b) In a one story house.
(c) In a modern housing project.
(d) In the second home of his grandparents.
3. What was the flat number of the Judt family home in Putney?
4. What fuel was the most widely used during the post war?
5. What is England a magnet for according to "The Lord Warden"?
(b) Job seekers.
(c) Manual laborers.
(d) Former American soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Judt during the foul language incident at the Chalet?
2. What shocked Judt in his time on the Golan Heights after the Six Days War?
3. When did Judt's father arrive in England?
4. Who is "Doing it on the road" a reference to?
5. What projects did the government commit itself to after the war that always failed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen once he was placed in his bed by his nurse?
2. What was painful to note for Judt?
3. Who was Paul Craddock and what did he lack?
4. What happened when Judt was 10 years old?
5. What common things did Judt's father dislike and what did he crave after moving to Britain in adulthood?
6. What connection does Judt make in regards to the environment and his own history?
7. What is the theory of mimetic desire in "Part One: Mimetic Desire"?
8. Why was a bedder nearly inconsolable?
9. What did Judt reflect on the presence of in "Part Two: Bedders"?
10. What were many students uncomfortable with?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)