|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the job of Judt's bedder's daughter-in-law?
(a) She worked at a bank.
(b) She worked at a supermarket.
(c) She worked at a train station.
(d) She worked at a post office.
2. How were the cars loaded on the SS Dinard?
(a) No cars were allowed.
(b) By forklift.
(c) By valets.
(d) By crane.
3. What did Judt give his bedder for Christmas?
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A box of chocolates.
4. What card game was Judt taught at the Chalet?
5. How did "mere mortals" go to Europe from England?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By plane.
(d) By boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had teachers at Emanuel School been there when Judt arrived at the school?
2. What is unique to ALS compared to other neuron disorders?
3. How long did the average bus trip take on the Green Line?
4. What was Judt's father's name?
5. What cigarettes were intellectuals supposed to smoke according to Judt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the bus happen to do in "Part One: The Green Line Bus"?
2. What were many students uncomfortable with?
3. Why did Judt feel uncomfortable in his youth?
4. What common things did Judt's father dislike and what did he crave after moving to Britain in adulthood?
5. What movement did Judt join in the 1960s?
6. What would happen once he was placed in his bed by his nurse?
7. Where was Judt accepted?
8. What did Judt attend in London and what did many teachers believe in "Part Two: Joe"?
9. What did Judt typically purchase when he was able to cook for himself?
10. What did Judt have a deep affection for in "Part Two: Paris was Yesterday"?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)