|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food made Judt more English?
(a) American food.
(b) French food.
(c) Indian food.
(d) His grandmother's food.
2. How many platforms did Clapham Junction have?
3. What bus did Judt take to go to school?
4. When was the last Green Bus of the day during the 1960s?
(a) 6 P.M.
(b) 9 P.M.
(c) 10 P.M.
(d) 7 P.M.
5. How old was Judt during the foul language incident at the Chalet?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fuel was the most widely used during the post war?
2. What card game was Judt taught at the Chalet?
3. What does Gare de l'Est or Milano Centrale stand for?
4. How many girls colleges were around Cambridge?
5. When did Judt arrive in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Judt seek release from and where was he accepted?
2. What did Judt typically purchase when he was able to cook for himself?
3. Why was a bedder nearly inconsolable?
4. What does Tony Judt explain about the essays in the collection in the "Preface"?
5. What did the bus happen to do in "Part One: The Green Line Bus"?
6. What did Judt reflect on the presence of in "Part Two: Bedders"?
7. What was painful to note for Judt?
8. What is the theory of mimetic desire in "Part One: Mimetic Desire"?
9. What happened in Europe according to "Part One: The Lord Warden"?
10. Who was Paul Craddock and what did he lack?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)