|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was president in France during May 1968?
(a) Valery Giscar D'estain.
(b) Mendes France.
(c) George Pompidou.
(d) Charles de Gaulle.
2. Where were the sherries of Judt's youth from according to "Go West, Young Judt"?
(c) South Africa.
3. What sport did Judt play in Cambridge?
4. What does Zakhor mean?
5. Where was Judt in November 1989?
6. Why were many Jews of Germany resented before WWII?
(a) They had power.
(b) They didn't considered themselves as German.
(c) They had money.
(d) They considered themselves as German.
7. Whose authority did Judt reject?
(b) The Pope
(c) The federal governmant.
8. What did Judt want to become according to "Work"?
(a) A car mechanic.
(b) A historian.
(c) A party leader.
(d) Akiboutz worker.
9. How does Judt characterize his generation in "Meritocrats"?
(c) The first intellectual.
10. What is preferred today to artifice in language according to Judt?
(a) "Natural" expression.
11. When did Judt work variously as a deliverer of carpets, warehouse supplies, and domestic dry goods?
(a) 1966 to 1972.
(b) 1966 to 1971.
(c) 1966 to 1974.
(d) 1966 to 1973.
12. What policy were the students of 1968 opposed to?
(a) English support to USSR.
(b) English support to Johnson in Vietnam.
(c) English support to de Gaulle.
(d) English support to Japan.
13. When was Judt born according to "Revolutionaries"?
14. What is the point of adult existence according to Judt?
(d) Making decision.
15. How long did Judt hold a fellowship at Cambridge?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Toni's older sister?
2. What disease did Judt's father have scars from?
3. How many Jews attend Synagogue at least once a month in the U.S.?
4. When was "The Uses of Literacy" published?
5. Who had a sound theological basis for restricting their desires and those of others?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)