|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was NYU founded?
2. What was the name of Toni's older sister?
3. Where was Judt teaching in the early 1980s?
4. What does Zakhor mean?
5. What was the former profession of the student Judt counseled during his semester off?
(b) Bus driver.
6. When did Judt come to New York University according to "New York, New York"?
7. How many other students were in the class Judt took to learn a new language?
8. What disease did Judt's father have scars from?
(d) Small pox.
9. What was Claude's profession?
10. How does Judt characterize his generation in "Meritocrats"?
(c) The first intellectual.
11. Where is the restored manor house of Czesław Miłosz according to "Captive Mind"?
(a) The Polish - German border.
(b) The Polish - Ukrainian border.
(c) The Polish - Lithuanian border.
(d) The Polish - Russian border.
12. When was Cambridge founded?
13. When was Sir John Shepherd born?
14. When did Judt go to Berkeley?
15. What did Poliakoff build?
(a) The first Russian plane.
(b) The Russian railway.
(c) The Russian factory system.
(d) The Russian road system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Judt in November 1989?
2. When did Judt first go to the U.S.?
3. Why did Judt have a wet leg after a demonstration?
4. When was Judt born according to "Revolutionaries"?
5. When was Toni born according to "Toni"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)