|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judt compare the attire of the girls of his youth?
(a) The English channel.
(b) Fort Knox.
(c) The Singfried line.
(d) The Maginot line.
2. How old was Judt's son when the two flew to Switzerland?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 25 years old.
(d) 29 years old.
3. How long did Judt hold a fellowship at Cambridge?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 8 years.
4. Whose authority did Judt reject?
(a) The Pope
(c) The federal governmant.
5. What shift did Judt have during his trip to Israel?
(a) 12 A.M. - 8 P.M.
(b) 8 A.M. - 12 P.M.
(c) 8 A.M. - 4 P.M.
(d) 8 A.M. - 8 P.M.
6. How does Judt characterize his generation in "Meritocrats"?
(b) The first intellectual.
7. What was the name of Toni's older sister?
8. Why did a female student think Judt was discriminating against her ?
(a) She tried to get invited to dinner.
(b) She was expelled.
(c) She was not invited to a seminar.
(d) She was given bad grades.
9. When was the "Captive Mind' published?
10. When did Judt first go to the U.S.?
11. How many "world cities" did Judt live in?
12. Why were higher education prospects grim in England at the time Judt came to NYU?
(a) There were too much teachers.
(b) The lack of interest from students in higher education.
(c) Thatcher was in power.
(d) The rise of private schools.
13. When was Judt chairman of the History Department at New York University according to "Girls, Girls, Girls"?
14. When was NYU founded?
15. When was Sir John Shepherd born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Toni born according to "Toni"?
2. What is "BBE"?
3. Why did Judt have a wet leg after a demonstration?
4. What is the point of adult existence according to Judt?
5. When was Philip Snowden the British Labour Chancellor?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)