|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 1956 car was sexily aerodynamic according to Judt?
(a) The DS12.
(b) The DS7.
(c) The DS19.
(d) The DS31.
2. What is the language spoken in the region where the Chalet is according to "The Memory Chalet"?
3. What did Judt usually save his spare cash to go to?
(a) Moviewas News Theater.
(b) Moviestash News Theater.
(c) Moviecam News Theater.
(d) Movietone News Theater.
4. How many students did the ENS have at any time?
5. What is the cockroach in reference to?
(a) Kafka's "Metamorphosis".
(b) Kafka's "A Little Woman".
(c) Kafka's "Jackals and Arabs".
(d) Kafka's "The Burrow".
6. When did the Judt family leave Putney?
(a) When Tony was 10.
(b) When Tony was 16.
(c) When Tony was 15.
(d) When Tony was 12.
7. Who owned the SS Dinard?
(a) The RATP.
(b) The SNCF.
(c) The Dinard Company.
(d) The Ganard Company.
8. What was the main dessert of Judt's youth?
(b) Apple cake.
9. Where did Judt's father spend his youth according to "Food"?
10. What came in rectangular, medicine-like containers during post WWII rationing?
(d) Orange juice.
11. When did the "Car Culture" come to western Europe?
(a) In the 1970s.
(b) In the 1940s.
(c) In the 1960s.
(d) In the 1950s.
12. When was the Lee Enfield rifle issued to British servicemen?
13. What was the Emanuel School in Battersea modeled after?
(a) 19th century convents.
(b) 19th centuray barrcaks.
(c) 19th century train stations.
(d) 19th century prisons and hospitals.
14. When was The Lord Warden retired?
15. Where is Amartya Sen from according to "Paris Was Yesterday"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Judt drop German?
2. Why did most middle class families not have servants according to the "Bedders"?
3. When did the girls in Oxbridge have to leave the men's bedrooms by?
4. What did the schoolboys attribute Joe's unpredictable temper and apparent lack of humor to?
5. Who is "Doing it on the road" a reference to?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)