|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Doing it on the road" a reference to?
(a) Paul Lenon.
(b) Paul McCartney.
(c) Ringo Star.
(d) Yoko Ono.
2. Why did most middle class families not have servants according to the "Bedders"?
(a) Taxes and higher wages.
(b) Lower income.
(c) New laws.
(d) Lack of workers.
3. What was Judt's father's name?
4. When did The Lord Warden enter service?
5. When were clothes rationed until after WWII?
6. What was The Lord Warden threatened by in the 1960s and 1970s?
(a) The plane.
(b) The overcraft.
(c) The France - Britain tunnel.
(d) The France - Britain bridge.
7. What are Judt's children depressingly knowledgeable of?
(c) Climate change.
(d) World peace.
8. Why was Renault nationalized after the War?
(a) The founder was killed during the war.
(b) The company was in too much debt.
(c) The founder wanted to retire.
(d) The founder was a collaborator.
9. When was The Lord Warden retired?
10. When did the girls in Oxbridge have to leave the men's bedrooms by?
(a) 9 P.M.
(b) 11 P.M.
(c) 10 P.M.
(d) 8 P. M.
11. What is the language spoken in the region where the Chalet is according to "The Memory Chalet"?
12. When did Cambridge start to accept female students?
13. How many students did the ENS have at any time?
14. When was the Golden Arrow inaugurated?
15. When did Judt drop German?
(a) June 1964.
(b) June 1966.
(c) June 1963.
(d) June 1965.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cars of his favorite brand did Judt's father own during Judt's childhood?
2. What did Judt do at school to please his father?
3. How many platforms did Clapham Junction have?
4. What shocked Judt in his time on the Golan Heights after the Six Days War?
5. What does Gare de l'Est or Milano Centrale stand for?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)