|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is home according to the saying in "Putney"?
(a) Where ones car is.
(b) Where ones friends are.
(c) Where the heart is.
(d) Where the house is.
2. What was the name of Judt's bedder?
3. How many girls colleges were around Cambridge?
4. How many platforms did Clapham Junction have?
5. How long did the average bus trip take on the Green Line?
(a) 1 hours.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
6. Why are Judt's hands placed outside the blanket?
(a) For the illusion of mobility.
(b) His emergency button is on the top of the blanket.
(c) Because he is usually warm.
(d) His finger is the part that can still move.
7. What memory technique does Judt use to improve his memory?
(a) The memory palace.
(b) The memory ruler.
(c) The reminder technique.
(d) The grand opening.
8. What was "Europe" during Judt's childhood?
(a) A far away land.
(b) A common vacation spot.
(c) An exotic place.
(d) An overpriced vacation spot.
9. What was the flat number of the Judt family home in Putney?
10. Who is "Doing it on the road" a reference to?
(a) Paul McCartney.
(b) Paul Lenon.
(c) Yoko Ono.
(d) Ringo Star.
11. When was "Ma Nuit Chew Maud" published?
12. What were irresistible play places for boys?
(a) Old barracks.
(b) Old crashed planes.
(c) Old military fields.
(d) Cleared bomb sites.
13. How long had teachers at Emanuel School been there when Judt arrived at the school?
(a) The end of WWI.
(b) Before WWII.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) The turn of the century.
14. What fuel was the most widely used during the post war?
15. How many students did the ENS have at any time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the language spoken in the region where the Chalet is according to "The Memory Chalet"?
2. When was the Golden Arrow inaugurated?
3. What is a Bi-Pap?
4. How long did Judt stay in the Chalet?
5. When did Judt attend Emanuel School in Battersea according to "Joe"?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)