|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had teachers at Emanuel School been there when Judt arrived at the school?
(a) The end of WWI.
(b) Before WWII.
(c) The turn of the century.
(d) After the end of WWII.
2. When did Judt return to the Kibbutz with his then girlfriend?
3. What shocked Judt in his time on the Golan Heights after the Six Days War?
(a) The camp conditions.
(b) The soldiers attitude toward theArabs.
(c) The constant attacks.
(d) The constant prayer.
4. How many cars of his favorite brand did Judt's father own during Judt's childhood?
5. Why were the bedders somewhat of an anachronism when Judt attend school?
(a) Most of the students had Indian servants.
(b) Most of the students never had a servant.
(c) Most of the students had male servants.
(d) Most of the students had more than one servant.
6. When did Judt's father arrive in England?
7. What is the cockroach in reference to?
(a) Kafka's "Jackals and Arabs".
(b) Kafka's "A Little Woman".
(c) Kafka's "Metamorphosis".
(d) Kafka's "The Burrow".
8. When did the "Car Culture" come to western Europe?
(a) In the 1960s.
(b) In the 1950s.
(c) In the 1940s.
(d) In the 1970s.
9. When did Judt drop German?
(a) June 1966.
(b) June 1965.
(c) June 1964.
(d) June 1963.
10. How were the cars loaded on the SS Dinard?
(a) By forklift.
(b) No cars were allowed.
(c) By valets.
(d) By crane.
11. Where was Judt living during the rationing years?
(a) In a one story house.
(b) In a modern housing project.
(c) In the second home of his grandparents.
(d) Above the hairdressing salon where his parents worked.
12. What memory technique does Judt use to improve his memory?
(a) The memory ruler.
(b) The reminder technique.
(c) The memory palace.
(d) The grand opening.
13. When were clothes rationed until after WWII?
14. What did Judt usually save his spare cash to go to?
(a) Moviewas News Theater.
(b) Moviecam News Theater.
(c) Movietone News Theater.
(d) Moviestash News Theater.
15. How old was Judt when he went on his rides?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Judt spend time working at a Kibbutz?
2. What card game was Judt taught at the Chalet?
3. What were cars representing for some born between the wars?
4. When was food rationed until after WWII?
5. When was the Golden Arrow inaugurated?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)