|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Judt usually save his spare cash to go to?
(a) Moviewas News Theater.
(b) Moviestash News Theater.
(c) Movietone News Theater.
(d) Moviecam News Theater.
2. What made students "Gormless!" according to Joe?
(a) Less than 10/20 on a vocabulary test.
(b) Less than 18/20 on a vocabulary test.
(c) Less than 14/20 on a vocabulary test.
(d) Less than 16/20 on a vocabulary test.
3. What was bliss during Judt's childhood?
(d) Playing orchestra.
4. When were clothes rationed until after WWII?
5. How long had teachers at Emanuel School been there when Judt arrived at the school?
(a) The end of WWI.
(b) After the end of WWII.
(c) Before WWII.
(d) The turn of the century.
6. When did Joe have Judt parsing German sentences at?
(a) 1 A.M.
(b) After school.
(c) During lunch time.
(d) 2 A.M.
7. How old was Judt when he went on his rides?
8. What was Judt's wife instructed to do at a Chinese restaurant according to "Austerity"?
(a) Deliver in cardboard cartons.
(b) Recycled their boxes.
(c) Use bikes.
(d) Use electric cars.
9. What fuel was the most widely used during the post war?
10. What was the name of Judt's bedder?
11. What bus did Judt take to go to school?
12. By what age had Judt become, been, and ceased to be a Zionist, a Marxist, and a communitarian settler?
13. What angle was Judt's bed reclined at?
(a) 130 deg.
(b) 90 deg.
(c) 110 deg.
(d) 100 deg.
14. When were the five coastal settlements granted special freedoms?
(a) 1155 A.D.
(b) 1755 A.D.
(c) 1255 A.D.
(d) 1105 A.D.
15. Who owned the Green Line Bus at the time of the book writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What 1956 car was sexily aerodynamic according to Judt?
2. What was Judt's father's name?
3. What cigarettes were intellectuals supposed to smoke according to Judt?
4. When was "Ma Nuit Chew Maud" published?
5. What was the Emanuel School in Battersea modeled after?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)