|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Captive Minds, Girls, Girls, Girls.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Judt go to Berkeley?
2. How many Jews were at Emanuel School in Battersea?
(a) 30 or so.
(c) 10 or so.
(d) 20 or so.
3. How does Judt characterize his generation in "Meritocrats"?
(c) The first intellectual.
4. What is England a magnet for according to "The Lord Warden"?
(a) Manual laborers.
(b) Former American soldiers.
(c) Job seekers.
5. What do Russians consider a "small Slav language"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Miłosz born?
2. What were the names of the women in charge of looking after young men at Oxford?
3. When did Cambridge start to accept female students?
4. How did Judt go to Israel?
5. How big were English large pizzas according to Judt?
This section contains 132 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)