|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Austerity, Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Bi-Pap?
(a) A breathing device.
(b) A reclining device.
(c) A cleaning device.
(d) A blood transfusion device.
2. How many of Judt's uncles served with the 8th Army during the war?
3. Why are Judt's hands placed outside the blanket?
(a) His finger is the part that can still move.
(b) His emergency button is on the top of the blanket.
(c) Because he is usually warm.
(d) For the illusion of mobility.
4. Why did Judt's parents disapprove of fuzzy drinks?
(a) Because of their political views.
(b) Because of tooth decay.
(c) Because of health problems.
(d) Because of the price.
5. What did Judt's mother have no idea how to prepare?
(a) Jewish food.
(b) Belgian food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Judt's mother's profession?
2. How old was Judt during the foul language incident at the Chalet?
3. What came in rectangular, medicine-like containers during post WWII rationing?
4. When did Tony Judt go to the Chalet?
5. Who were the young people with the foul language at the Chalet?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)