|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Mimetic Desire, The Lord Warden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was St. Mary's established?
2. Why was Renault nationalized after the War?
(a) The founder wanted to retire.
(b) The founder was killed during the war.
(c) The founder was a collaborator.
(d) The company was in too much debt.
3. What did Judt associate English food with?
(c) Lack of flavor.
(d) Good meals.
4. Where was Judt's mother raised in earshot of?
(a) The West India Docks.
(b) St Mary's Church.
(c) London's Central Market.
(d) London's Little Italy.
5. What were irresistible play places for boys?
(a) Old crashed planes.
(b) Old military fields.
(c) Old barracks.
(d) Cleared bomb sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Judt's hands placed outside the blanket?
2. Where is home according to the saying in "Putney"?
3. When were the five coastal settlements granted special freedoms?
4. What memory technique does Judt use to improve his memory?
5. What is England a magnet for according to "The Lord Warden"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)