Preface, The Memory Chalet, Night
1. What is the language spoken in the region where the Chalet is according to "The Memory Chalet"?
2. When did Tony Judt go to the Chalet?
(a) Winter of 1956 or 1957.
(b) Winter of 1955 or 1956.
(c) Winter of 1958 or 1959.
(d) Winter of 1957 or 1958.
3. Where was Judt's mother raised in earshot of?
(a) St Mary's Church.
(b) London's Little Italy.
(c) London's Central Market.
(d) The West India Docks.
4. What was Judt's mother's profession?
(a) Home maker.
(d) Cleaning lady.
5. How old was Judt's sister during the foul language incident at the Chalet?
(a) Not 6 months old.
(b) Not 18 months old.
(c) Not 12 months old.
(d) Not 24 months old.
6. How old was Judt during the foul language incident at the Chalet?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
7. Who were the young people with the foul language at the Chalet?
(c) Professional Skier.
8. What card game was Judt taught at the Chalet?
This section contains 2,953 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)