|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that Octavia uses to undermine Antony's power in Rome?
2. What does Octavian do when he learns that Caesarion is in Rome?
3. What is a common form of execution in Egypt during this time?
4. In Chapter 65, Antony leaves for a military campaign in _____________.
5. What is Cleopatra's overall personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the love affair between Antony and Cleopatra proved to be detrimental to each of them?
2. What stance of Antony's incites Octavian to declare war?
3. What are Cleopatra's expectations of Marc Antony once they have initiated an intimate relationship?
4. How does Cleopatra respond to Antony's rejection of their getting married?
5. What is Cleopatra's behavior like when she sets her sights on a man?
6. What is the dream that Cleopatra has regarding Antony's survival in battle?
7. How is Antony's power diminished due to his desire to divorce Octavia and be with Cleopatra?
8. What logic does Cleopatra use to try to convince Antony to divorce Octavia?
9. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing when telling about the wise, old man who is bitten by an asp and dies?
10. What insensitive stance does Antony make regarding his children with Cleopatra that makes her decide to remain a single parent and ruler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the story. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Julius Caesar and Marc Antony. What are their roles within the story? Why is Cleopatra attracted to both of these men? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Marc Antony. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)