|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
2. What is the nickname of Cleopatra's son?
3. What element of Roman life intrigues Cleopatra when she tours the city?
4. How old is Caesar at this time?
5. Who does Caesar tell Cleopatra that she needs to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cleopatra name her new son and how does her husband, Ptolemy accept him?
2. Why is Cleopatra especially concerned that Caesar is considering more military campaigns into the Parthians and India?
3. What is the rumor about a law regarding Caesar's marital status?
4. Why does Cleopatra dislike the public displays and entertainment at a particular celebration honoring Caesar?
5. With what illness is Caesar afflicted?
6. How does Caesar's wife, Calpurnia, deal with Caesar's extramarital indiscretions?
7. What political complications does Cleopatra encounter being pregnant with Caesar's child?
8. What complicates Cleopatra's extended stay in Rome when Caesar leaves for a military campaign in Spain?
9. What is the underlying political situation between two powers throughout Cleopatra's life and what is Egypt's position?
10. Why does Caesar not plan to divorce Calpurnia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Marc Antony. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Julius Caesar and Marc Antony. What are their roles within the story? Why is Cleopatra attracted to both of these men? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)