Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
2. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
3. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
4. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
5. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cleopatra's behavior like when she sets her sights on a man?
2. What does Octavian demand of Cleopatra instead of her own death?
3. What is Cleopatra's personal agony on the night before Antony departs for battle at Parthia?
4. Why does Cleopatra dislike the public displays and entertainment at a particular celebration honoring Caesar?
5. How does Cleopatra inform Antony that he is the father of twins?
6. With Octavian's imminent arrival in Alexandria, what plan for Caesarion's succession does Cleopatra reveal to Caesarion?
7. How has the love affair between Antony and Cleopatra proved to be detrimental to each of them?
8. What was it about Caesar's character that Cleopatra capitalized on in order to entice him?
9. Why does Caesar invite Cleopatra to Rome?
10. What is Caesar's reaction to seeing his son for the first time?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall settings for the story. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in THE MEMOIRS OF CLEOPATRA. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Julius Caesar and Marc Antony. What are their roles within the story? Why is Cleopatra attracted to both of these men? Explain.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)