|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar promise Cleopatra when he returns from battle?
2. Which of the following is NOT a pastime Cleopatra indulged in with Mardian?
3. How old is Cleopatra at the time of the memory?
4. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
5. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rumor about a law regarding Caesar's marital status?
2. What is Cleopatra's relationship with the Younger Ptolemy and how can his pleasant demeanor be explained?
3. With what illness is Caesar afflicted?
4. Which of Cleopatra's family members are in control when her father is in exile?
5. Why does Cleopatra become fast friends with Olympos and Mardian?
6. What is Caesar's reaction to seeing his son for the first time?
7. Why is Cleopatra especially concerned that Caesar is considering more military campaigns into the Parthians and India?
8. What political complications does Cleopatra encounter being pregnant with Caesar's child?
9. What is the nature of Caesar's will regarding his heir?
10. How is Berenice executed and what involvement does the family have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Marc Antony. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
What if Cleopatra had lived? What would Cleopatra have done if she had lived longer than her 39 years? Would she have been overthrown and exiled? Would she have been assassinated at some point? How would she have guided the lives of her children? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)