|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Pompey the Great?
2. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
3. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
4. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
5. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Berenice executed and what involvement does the family have?
2. Why does Cleopatra have second thoughts about her visit to Rome?
3. With what illness is Caesar afflicted?
4. Why does Caesar invite Cleopatra to Rome?
5. Why does Cleopatra hire Epaphroditus?
6. Which of Cleopatra's family members are in control when her father is in exile?
7. What is the nature of Caesar's will regarding his heir?
8. What is the nature of Caesar and Cleopatra's public meetings, and what does Cleopatra find particularly interesting about the city?
9. What is Caesar's reaction to seeing his son for the first time?
10. Why does Cleopatra dislike the public displays and entertainment at a particular celebration honoring Caesar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Cleopatra. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)