Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
2. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
3. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
4. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
5. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cleopatra's behavior like when she sets her sights on a man?
2. What does Octavian demand of Cleopatra instead of her own death?
3. What is Cleopatra's personal agony on the night before Antony departs for battle at Parthia?
4. Why does Cleopatra dislike the public displays and entertainment at a particular celebration honoring Caesar?
5. How does Cleopatra inform Antony that he is the father of twins?
6. With Octavian's imminent arrival in Alexandria, what plan for Caesarion's succession does Cleopatra reveal to Caesarion?
7. How has the love affair between Antony and Cleopatra proved to be detrimental to each of them?
8. What was it about Caesar's character that Cleopatra capitalized on in order to entice him?
9. Why does Caesar invite Cleopatra to Rome?
10. What is Caesar's reaction to seeing his son for the first time?
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Create a brief character study of Cleopatra. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of Cleopatra's, Caesar's and Antony's ambitions? Was she consumed with winning and getting ahead? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)