|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cleopatra gain entry into Caesar's room?
2. What Egyptian words do Caesar and Cleopatra speak in front of a priest at Philae?
3. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
4. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
5. How do Caesar and Cleopatra travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Caesar's reaction to seeing his son for the first time?
2. What is the underlying political situation between two powers throughout Cleopatra's life and what is Egypt's position?
3. What is the nature of Caesar's will regarding his heir?
4. What complicates Cleopatra's extended stay in Rome when Caesar leaves for a military campaign in Spain?
5. What is the rumor about a law regarding Caesar's marital status?
6. Why does Cleopatra have second thoughts about her visit to Rome?
7. Who are Cleopatra's siblings?
8. How does Cleopatra trick Caesar into a marriage ceremony at Philae?
9. Why does Caesar not plan to divorce Calpurnia?
10. What was it about Caesar's character that Cleopatra capitalized on in order to entice him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Julius Caesar and Marc Antony. What are their roles within the story? Why is Cleopatra attracted to both of these men? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in THE MEMOIRS OF CLEOPATRA. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Margaret George's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)