|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
2. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
3. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
4. What is the nature of the festival that Cleopatra attends?
5. What is the nickname of Cleopatra's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cleopatra become fast friends with Olympos and Mardian?
2. What details does the author reveal about Caesar's death?
3. Why is Cleopatra especially concerned that Caesar is considering more military campaigns into the Parthians and India?
4. Why does Caesar invite Cleopatra to Rome?
5. What is the rumor about a law regarding Caesar's marital status?
6. Who are Cleopatra's siblings?
7. Why does Cleopatra dislike the public displays and entertainment at a particular celebration honoring Caesar?
8. What is the nature of Caesar and Cleopatra's public meetings, and what does Cleopatra find particularly interesting about the city?
9. What traumatic event in Cleopatra's life begins the novel?
10. What does Cleopatra name her new son and how does her husband, Ptolemy accept him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Olympos. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Olympos' character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the story. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Margaret George is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)