|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
2. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
3. Where is Caesar murdered?
4. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleopatra inform Antony that he is the father of twins?
2. What is the rumor about a law regarding Caesar's marital status?
3. Why does Cleopatra hire Epaphroditus?
4. Why does Cleopatra dislike the public displays and entertainment at a particular celebration honoring Caesar?
5. What stance of Antony's incites Octavian to declare war?
6. How does Caesar's wife, Calpurnia, deal with Caesar's extramarital indiscretions?
7. Which of Cleopatra's family members are in control when her father is in exile?
8. What are Cleopatra's scrolls and why does she entrust them to Olympos?
9. What is one reason that Marc Antony wants Cleopatra to come to Rome?
10. What is Cleopatra's personal agony on the night before Antony departs for battle at Parthia?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Julius Caesar and Marc Antony. What are their roles within the story? Why is Cleopatra attracted to both of these men? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Marc Antony. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
THE MEMOIRS OF CLEOPATRA is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 1,611 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)