|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ambassador of Median offer up in exchange for a friendly relationship with Egypt?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) One half of his lands.
(c) A huge sum of money.
(d) His daughter's betrothal to Alexander.
2. Mardian tells Cleopatra that she must have a _____________.
(a) physical exam.
(d) new army.
3. What gift does Antony give to each guest at a banquet?
(a) A laurel wreath.
(b) Bottles of wine.
(c) 30 coins.
4. When Cleopatra brings money to Antony, she transports it on _______ ships to minimize the risk of losing it all.
5. Why does Marc Antony send a message to Cleopatra?
(a) To request a diplomatic audience with her.
(b) She must answer charges about her role in Caesar's murder.
(c) To request help from her armies.
(d) To make a personal visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mardian recommend for Cleopatra but she finds no interest in?
2. How old are Cleopatra's twins when Antony asks her to marry him?
3. When does Antony plan to ask Octavia for a divorce?
4. Where do Cleopatra and Antony marry?
5. What does Antony ask that Cleopatra bring to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What logic does Cleopatra use to try to convince Antony to divorce Octavia?
2. What stance of Antony's incites Octavian to declare war?
3. What is Cleopatra's behavior like when she sets her sights on a man?
4. What is the dream that Cleopatra has regarding Antony's survival in battle?
5. What does Cleopatra name the son she has with Marc Antony?
6. How does Cleopatra inform Antony that he is the father of twins?
7. How does Cleopatra try to give the illusion of control while funding Antony's military campaigns?
8. What is another reason that Marc Antony has requested Cleopatra's presence in Rome?
9. What are the misconceptions that the Romans have about Cleopatra's Egypt?
10. What is Cleopatra's personal agony on the night before Antony departs for battle at Parthia?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)