|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Caesar claimed as his son in his will?
2. What is notable about Mardian?
(a) He is a transsexual.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is bisexual.
3. What does the ambassador of Median offer up in exchange for a friendly relationship with Egypt?
(a) One half of his lands.
(b) His daughter's betrothal to Alexander.
(c) A huge sum of money.
(d) A peace treaty.
4. Who is Marc Antony's wife at this point?
5. When Cleopatra goes to Antony in the fishing village, she sees a bad wound on what part of his body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleopatra believes that she is ___________________ mentioned in the Sibylline Leaves.
2. Marc Antony tells Cleopatra that Caesar left her out of his will because ______________________.
3. On what day does Cleopatra throw a party in Marc Antony's honor?
4. An encounter with a soothsayer makes Cleopatra fear that she is to be _______________________.
5. Antony and Cleopatra decide that they need ______________ should Octavian declare war.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleopatra try to give the illusion of control while funding Antony's military campaigns?
2. What is Cleopatra's behavior like when she sets her sights on a man?
3. How does Cleopatra respond to Antony's rejection of their getting married?
4. What logic does Cleopatra use to try to convince Antony to divorce Octavia?
5. What stance of Antony's incites Octavian to declare war?
6. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing when telling about the wise, old man who is bitten by an asp and dies?
7. What is the nature of Cleopatra's visit with Herod in Jerusalem?
8. Why is Cleopatra particularly disappointed in the contents of Caesar's will?
9. What is Cleopatra's personal agony on the night before Antony departs for battle at Parthia?
10. How does Antony ultimately pleasantly surprise Cleopatra when she thought he was returning to Octavia?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)