|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marc Antony's new wife?
2. What name does Cleopatra give to her new daughter?
(a) Cleopatra Selene.
(b) Carpathia Selene.
(c) Cleopatra Isis.
(d) Meskehenet Berenice.
3. Egyptian commodities of papyrus and __________ are in high demand.
4. What potion does Olympos urge Cleopatra to drink?
(a) One that will help her sleep.
(b) One that will improve stamina.
(c) One that will cure hiccups.
(d) One that will abort her child.
5. When Cleopatra brings money to Antony, she transports it on _______ ships to minimize the risk of losing it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antony and Cleopatra decide that they need ______________ should Octavian declare war.
2. What is Selene's overall personality?
3. What is the cause of Antony's depression in Chapter 68?
4. What is Antony's first question to Cleopatra when he sees her?
5. An encounter with a soothsayer makes Cleopatra fear that she is to be _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another reason that Marc Antony has requested Cleopatra's presence in Rome?
2. What are the events that lead up to the marriage of Antony and Cleopatra?
3. What is the nature of Cleopatra's visit with Herod in Jerusalem?
4. What does Cleopatra name the son she has with Marc Antony?
5. How has the love affair between Antony and Cleopatra proved to be detrimental to each of them?
6. What is the dream that Cleopatra has regarding Antony's survival in battle?
7. What is the tradition of marriage in Cleopatra's family?
8. What are the misconceptions that the Romans have about Cleopatra's Egypt?
9. How does Cleopatra respond to Antony's rejection of their getting married?
10. How does Cleopatra try to give the illusion of control while funding Antony's military campaigns?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)