|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cleopatra's husband, Ptolemy, is more like a/an _____________ than a husband.
2. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
(a) He places a laurel wreath on his head.
(b) He creates a throne for him.
(c) He issues a decree.
(d) He picks him up.
3. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
4. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
(a) He is doubtful.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is incredulous.
5. Why does Cleopatra feel vulnerable where Caesar is concerned?
(a) She thinks he may want to imprison her.
(b) She feels uncomfortable around Calpurnia.
(c) She does not feel beautiful around the Roman women.
(d) She is not sure if he loves her like she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Caesar at this time?
2. What do Cleopatra's men do with the two pirates they capture?
3. What is the nickname of Cleopatra's son?
4. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
5. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what circumstances does Cleopatra meet Julius Caesar?
2. What details does the author reveal about Caesar's death?
3. Why does Cleopatra hire Epaphroditus?
4. Which of Cleopatra's family members are in control when her father is in exile?
5. How does Caesar's wife, Calpurnia, deal with Caesar's extramarital indiscretions?
6. With what illness is Caesar afflicted?
7. How is Berenice executed and what involvement does the family have?
8. What are Cleopatra's thoughts regarding a Messiah based on talks with Epaphroditus?
9. Describe some of Cleopatra's childhood activities and what does she think will bring an end to her youthful fun?
10. What political complications does Cleopatra encounter being pregnant with Caesar's child?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)