|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
(a) have a banquet.
(b) see a play.
(c) go sailing.
(d) take a walk.
2. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She is giving up the throne.
(d) She is dying.
3. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
4. Why is Cleopatra concerned about Caesar launching a campaign against the country in in #32?
(a) He doesn't have the resources.
(b) He doesn't have the loyalty of Rome.
(c) He doesn't have the army.
(d) He is getting older.
5. What is Cleopatra's physical condition when she sails for Egypt?
(a) She has tuberculosis.
(b) She has epilepsy.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has malaria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
2. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
3. What is Cleopatra remembering as the story opens?
4. How old is Caesar at this time?
5. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Caesar and Cleopatra's public meetings, and what does Cleopatra find particularly interesting about the city?
2. Under what circumstances does Cleopatra meet Julius Caesar?
3. What are Cleopatra's thoughts regarding a Messiah based on talks with Epaphroditus?
4. What was it about Caesar's character that Cleopatra capitalized on in order to entice him?
5. What is the nature of Caesar's will regarding his heir?
6. What is the underlying political situation between two powers throughout Cleopatra's life and what is Egypt's position?
7. What is Caesar's reaction to seeing his son for the first time?
8. What is Cleopatra's relationship with the Younger Ptolemy and how can his pleasant demeanor be explained?
9. What is the rumor about a law regarding Caesar's marital status?
10. Why does Caesar not plan to divorce Calpurnia?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)