|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
2. Who is Cleopatra's female servant who travels with her when she is away at Gaza?
3. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
(a) To kill Caesarion.
(b) To imprison her.
(c) To marry her.
(d) For some personal political gain.
4. Cleopatra learns that her sister, _______________, is being held in the Tullianum Prison.
5. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is giving up the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
2. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
3. How is Cleopatra received by the people of Rome?
4. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
5. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caesar's wife, Calpurnia, deal with Caesar's extramarital indiscretions?
2. Why is Cleopatra especially concerned that Caesar is considering more military campaigns into the Parthians and India?
3. Who are Cleopatra's siblings?
4. Why does Caesar not plan to divorce Calpurnia?
5. What is the nature of Caesar's will regarding his heir?
6. Why does Cleopatra have second thoughts about her visit to Rome?
7. What does Cleopatra name her new son and how does her husband, Ptolemy accept him?
8. What details does the author reveal about Caesar's death?
9. What are Cleopatra's thoughts regarding a Messiah based on talks with Epaphroditus?
10. What is Caesar's reaction to seeing his son for the first time?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)