|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Marc Antony give to Caesarion?
(a) A lizard.
(b) An abacus.
(c) A boat.
(d) A sundial.
2. Why does Cleopatra send Olympos to Rome?
(a) To check on Marc Antony's actions.
(b) To deliver news of the twins to Marc Antony.
(c) To learn their naval procedures.
(d) To spy on Octavian.
3. Cleopatra's taster dies because someone has poisoned her ____________.
4. Where do Cleopatra and Antony marry?
(a) The Temple at Dendera.
(b) The Temple of Isis.
(c) Cleopatra's barge.
(d) Cleopatra's palace.
5. How does Herod greet Cleopatra when she arrives to see him?
(a) He is "Caesar's Successor."
(b) He is "Herod, King of the Jews."
(c) He is "Octavian's Nemesis."
(d) He is "Cleopatra's Salvation."
6. What is Antony's first question to Cleopatra when he sees her?
(a) How much money she brought with her.
(b) If she wants a divorce.
(c) If she has recovered from childbirth.
(d) If she still loves him.
7. What does Cleopatra begin to build in Chapter 39?
(a) New statues.
(b) An army.
(c) Public baths.
(d) A navy.
8. Cleopatra has a dream that Antony is surrounded by ______________.
(b) laurel wreaths.
9. When does Antony plan to ask Octavia for a divorce?
(a) After the festival.
(b) If he returns from battle.
(c) In one more year.
(d) After she gives birth.
10. What is another issue that Octavia uses to undermine Antony's power in Rome?
(a) His theft from the Roman treasury.
(b) His Spanish wife.
(c) His wish to be buried with Cleopatra in Egypt.
(d) His part in the plot to kill Caesar.
11. What is the content of the letter that Antony sends to Octavia?
(a) He apologizes for hurting her.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He wants to renew their wedding vows.
(d) He is never returning to Rome.
12. What is Alexander's overall personality?
13. Why does Marc Antony send a message to Cleopatra?
(a) To make a personal visit.
(b) To request a diplomatic audience with her.
(c) She must answer charges about her role in Caesar's murder.
(d) To request help from her armies.
14. Egyptian commodities of papyrus and __________ are in high demand.
15. Who does Mardian recommend for Cleopatra but she finds no interest in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Cleopatra meet with Herod?
2. Who does Cleopatra consider to be her co-ruler?
3. Why are the dead bodies from the plague cremated?
4. To what city does Olympos volunteer to take Caesarion?
5. What does Cleopatra initially decide about a relationship with Marc Antony?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)