|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleopatra initially decide about a relationship with Marc Antony?
(a) She will fall in love with him.
(b) He will love her more than she loves him.
(c) Nothing can come of it.
(d) She will try to make it last.
2. An encounter with a soothsayer makes Cleopatra fear that she is to be _______________________.
(a) assassinated before Antony returns.
(b) the last of the pharaohs to rule Egypt.
(c) the Roman Emperor.
(d) the mother of an Emperor.
3. What is the cause of Antony's depression in Chapter 68?
(a) His advancing age.
(b) Trouble with Cleopatra.
(c) Octavian's betrayal.
(d) He has a terminal illness.
4. What is Cleopatra's initial concern for Antony's army?
(a) Making it over the mountains.
(b) Keeping the horses alive.
(c) Hiking across the desert.
(d) Sailing across the Mediterranean.
5. Antony is torn between his Roman heritage and ___________________.
(a) his desire for world dominance.
(b) his alliance with Egypt.
(c) his need for a personal life.
(d) his duty to his children.
6. What does Cleopatra consult regarding the famine and plague?
(a) Oracle at Delphi.
(b) Biblical prophecies.
(c) Tarot cards.
(d) Ancient runes.
7. Who is Marc Antony's new wife?
8. What has happened to Cassius and Brutus?
(a) They are forming an army.
(b) They have resigned as senators.
(c) They have been executed.
(d) They were exiled from Rome.
9. Why are the dead bodies from the plague cremated?
(a) It is the custom in Egypt.
(b) There are too many to bury.
(c) To get rid of the disease.
(d) No one wants to touch them.
10. What news does Cleopatra not share with Marc Antony?
(a) Caesarion is not Caesar's son.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She will marry Octavian.
(d) She helped plan the plot to kill Caesar.
11. Marc Antony says that he and Cleopatra are like _____________________.
(a) fire and ice.
(b) their own little kingdom.
(c) oil and vinegar.
(d) birds of a feather.
12. What does the ambassador of Median offer up in exchange for a friendly relationship with Egypt?
(a) A huge sum of money.
(b) A peace treaty.
(c) One half of his lands.
(d) His daughter's betrothal to Alexander.
13. What name does Cleopatra give to her new son?
(a) Gaius Marcus.
(b) Alexander Helios.
(c) Marcus Heru.
(d) Ptolemy the Lesser.
14. What is Selene's overall personality?
15. What is notable about Mardian?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is bisexual.
(c) He is a transsexual.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra consider to be her co-ruler?
2. Why is Caesarion disappointed with his image depicted in a temple at Dendera?
3. Cleopatra believes that she is ___________________ mentioned in the Sibylline Leaves.
4. On what day does Cleopatra throw a party in Marc Antony's honor?
5. When does Antony plan to ask Octavia for a divorce?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)