|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Caesar claimed as his son in his will?
2. What is Selene's overall personality?
3. Antony and Cleopatra decide that they need ______________ should Octavian declare war.
(a) a bigger army.
(b) a navy.
(d) better weapons.
4. To what country is Antony's army headed to battle?
5. What does Cleopatra name her new son?
(a) Ptolemy Aurelius.
(b) Ptolemy Caesarion.
(c) Ptolemy Philadophos.
(d) Ptolemy Moshe.
6. What news does Cleopatra not share with Marc Antony?
(a) She helped plan the plot to kill Caesar.
(b) Caesarion is not Caesar's son.
(c) She will marry Octavian.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
7. Who does Mardian recommend for Cleopatra but she finds no interest in?
8. Egyptian commodities of papyrus and __________ are in high demand.
9. Why does Marc Antony send a message to Cleopatra?
(a) To make a personal visit.
(b) To request help from her armies.
(c) She must answer charges about her role in Caesar's murder.
(d) To request a diplomatic audience with her.
10. What is the content of the letter that Antony sends to Octavia?
(a) He apologizes for hurting her.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He is never returning to Rome.
(d) He wants to renew their wedding vows.
11. Because of his public works projects, many people are calling Octavian _______________.
12. What does Cleopatra want Marc Antony to do?
(a) Kill Octavian.
(b) Divorce his wife and marry her.
(c) Adopt Caesarion.
(d) Take more than one wife.
13. An encounter with a soothsayer makes Cleopatra fear that she is to be _______________________.
(a) the last of the pharaohs to rule Egypt.
(b) assassinated before Antony returns.
(c) the mother of an Emperor.
(d) the Roman Emperor.
14. Antony is torn between his Roman heritage and ___________________.
(a) his alliance with Egypt.
(b) his need for a personal life.
(c) his duty to his children.
(d) his desire for world dominance.
15. Why does Antony's army take a large tree stump with them as they leave for battle?
(a) To chip off kindling for fires.
(b) To build a fort.
(c) To use as a battering ram.
(d) To use as an anchor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marc Antony says that he and Cleopatra are like _____________________.
2. What gift does Antony give to each guest at a banquet?
3. What revelation does Cleopatra make in Chapter 57?
4. When Cleopatra brings money to Antony, she transports it on _______ ships to minimize the risk of losing it all.
5. What is a common form of execution in Egypt during this time?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)