|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Selene's overall personality?
2. What potion does Olympos urge Cleopatra to drink?
(a) One that will cure hiccups.
(b) One that will improve stamina.
(c) One that will abort her child.
(d) One that will help her sleep.
3. What does Antony ask that Cleopatra bring to him?
(a) The children.
4. When Cleopatra goes to Antony in the fishing village, she sees a bad wound on what part of his body?
5. What does Octavian do when he learns that Caesarion is in Rome?
(a) He asks him to join the Roman army.
(b) He demands that he leave.
(c) He invites him to stay at his home.
(d) He hosts a celebration in his honor.
6. What request does Cleopatra make of Marc Antony?
(a) That he build an army for Egypt.
(b) That he marry her.
(c) That he destroy everyone who is a threat to her throne.
(d) That he take her to Rome.
7. Why are the dead bodies from the plague cremated?
(a) It is the custom in Egypt.
(b) There are too many to bury.
(c) To get rid of the disease.
(d) No one wants to touch them.
8. Who is sending supplies and reinforcements to Antony in Syria?
(a) Marcus Aurelius.
9. Cleopatra believes that she is ___________________ mentioned in the Sibylline Leaves.
(a) the immortal beloved.
(b) the Roman Emperor.
(c) the widow of Caesar.
(d) the Messiah.
10. What is another issue that Octavia uses to undermine Antony's power in Rome?
(a) His part in the plot to kill Caesar.
(b) His theft from the Roman treasury.
(c) His Spanish wife.
(d) His wish to be buried with Cleopatra in Egypt.
11. Who treats Antony's major battle injury?
12. What news does Cleopatra not share with Marc Antony?
(a) She will marry Octavian.
(b) She helped plan the plot to kill Caesar.
(c) Caesarion is not Caesar's son.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
13. What does Cleopatra begin to build in Chapter 39?
(a) An army.
(b) Public baths.
(c) New statues.
(d) A navy.
14. Egyptian commodities of papyrus and __________ are in high demand.
15. What name does Cleopatra give to her new son?
(a) Ptolemy the Lesser.
(b) Alexander Helios.
(c) Marcus Heru.
(d) Gaius Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antony is torn between his Roman heritage and ___________________.
2. What do the Romans think will eventually be Antony's downfall?
3. Who is Marc Antony's wife at this point?
4. In what city does Cleopatra meet with Herod?
5. Why does Cleopatra send Olympos to Rome?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)