|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Calpurnia feel about Caesar's indiscretions?
(a) She accepts them.
(b) She hates them.
(c) She is unaware of them.
(d) She ignores them.
2. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is beheaded
(d) He drowns.
3. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
(a) He issues a decree.
(b) He picks him up.
(c) He places a laurel wreath on his head.
(d) He creates a throne for him.
4. What does Caesar say he will build along the Tiber?
(a) More bridges.
(c) Egyptian buildings.
5. Why does Caesar say he will not divorce Calpurnia?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has money.
(d) She has stood behind him during his rise to the top.
6. How old is Caesar at this time?
(b) Just past sixty.
(c) Almost forty.
(d) More than fifty.
7. As a child, Cleopatra is taken to the throne of ______________ and told that she is her daughter.
8. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
(b) Heart disease.
9. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
(a) The food.
(b) The weather.
(c) The theater.
(d) She is a bystander.
10. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
(a) Caesarion will rule Rome one day.
(b) Caesarion is too weak to rule Egypt.
(c) Caesarion has no legal standing in Rome.
(d) Caesarion is not his true son.
11. What is the message of a letter Caesar sends to Cleopatra?
(a) He is returning to marry her.
(b) He acknowledges their son.
(c) He cannot divorce his wife.
(d) He invites her to Rome.
12. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
13. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
(a) Ptolemy Caesar.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Gaius Caesar.
(d) Ptolemy Ain.
14. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
15. What does Caesar do at the pyramids?
(a) He has his portrait painted.
(b) He launches a battle.
(c) He falls unconscious.
(d) He has a statue commissioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
2. What island does Caesar return to be ruled by Egypt?
3. Which famous warrior does Cleopatra dream about which concerns her?
4. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
5. What element of Roman life intrigues Cleopatra when she tours the city?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)