|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To lead a major battle.
(b) To seek a bride.
(c) To rescue his exiled father.
(d) To learn military tactics.
2. Why is Cleopatra concerned about Caesar launching a campaign against the country in in #32?
(a) He is getting older.
(b) He doesn't have the army.
(c) He doesn't have the resources.
(d) He doesn't have the loyalty of Rome.
3. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
(a) Caesarion is not his true son.
(b) Caesarion is too weak to rule Egypt.
(c) Caesarion will rule Rome one day.
(d) Caesarion has no legal standing in Rome.
4. What does Caesar say he will build along the Tiber?
(b) More bridges.
(c) Egyptian buildings.
5. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
6. Who does Caesar tell Cleopatra that she needs to marry?
(c) The younger Ptolemy.
7. Where is Caesar murdered?
(a) Walking to the baths.
(b) At his home.
(c) On the Senate floor.
(d) On a ship.
8. There is an upheaval in the government as some call for Caesar _____________________.
(a) to banish Cleopatra.
(b) to accept a higher power within government.
(c) to abdicate.
(d) go into exile.
9. What Egyptian words do Caesar and Cleopatra speak in front of a priest at Philae?
(a) Unification strategies.
(b) A truce.
(c) Battle plans.
(d) Marriage vows.
10. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
11. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He wants another son.
(b) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
(c) He truly loves her.
(d) He may have courted her just for political support.
12. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
13. What does Pompey the Great say about the seven-year-old Cleopatra?
(a) She is an enchanting child.
(b) She is impudent.
(c) She is a special joy.
(d) She has eyes as black as midnight.
14. Who is the nephew of Caesar's wife?
(a) Marcus Aurelius.
(b) Gaius Octavian.
(c) Gaius Caesar.
(d) Gaius Augustus.
15. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To learn the language.
(b) To conquer the land.
(c) To revenge Pompey's death.
(d) To take a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
2. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
3. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
4. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
5. Who is the boy who takes care of animals and becomes Cleopatra's friend?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)