|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
2. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
(c) Life imprisonment.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
(a) She is aided by Rome.
(b) She is publicly executed.
(c) She is overthrown.
(d) She had twins.
4. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To lead a major battle.
(b) To learn military tactics.
(c) To seek a bride.
(d) To rescue his exiled father.
5. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
(d) Heart disease.
6. What is Cleopatra remembering as the story opens?
(a) Her mother's drowning.
(b) Her coronation.
(c) Her upcoming wedding.
(d) Her first love.
7. What is the message of a letter Caesar sends to Cleopatra?
(a) He cannot divorce his wife.
(b) He invites her to Rome.
(c) He acknowledges their son.
(d) He is returning to marry her.
8. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
9. Cleopatra's sisters, Cleopatra and ______________ take control of the throne when their father is exiled.
10. What disease does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he has?
(a) Falling sickness.
11. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
(a) Across the Mediterranean.
(b) Across Egypt.
(c) To Gaul.
(d) To Rome.
12. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To take a holiday.
(b) To revenge Pompey's death.
(c) To conquer the land.
(d) To learn the language.
13. How is Caesar killed?
14. How do Caesar and Cleopatra travel?
(a) By camels.
(b) By barge.
(c) By wagons.
(d) By horseback.
15. Which of the following would NOT be a problem if the river in #45 were to flood?
(a) Failed crops.
(b) Better fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Cleopatra received by the people of Rome?
2. What do Cleopatra and Caesarion see for the first time in Rome?
3. Caesar orders a statue of _____________ to be placed in the temple.
4. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
5. What element of Roman life intrigues Cleopatra when she tours the city?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)