|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
(a) Gaius Caesar.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Ptolemy Caesar.
(d) Ptolemy Ain.
2. Cleopatra's sisters, Cleopatra and ______________ take control of the throne when their father is exiled.
3. Olympos and Mardian teach Cleopatra to _____________.
(a) ride a horse.
(b) fly a kite.
(d) play a harp.
4. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
(a) Tiber River.
(b) Nile River.
(c) Seine River.
(d) Mesopotamia River.
5. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
6. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
(a) has cancer.
(b) has lost her eyesight.
(c) has leprosy.
(d) almost drowned.
7. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
(b) Marcus Aurelius'.
(d) Marc Antony's.
8. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
9. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
(a) She is happy to be there.
(b) She has doubts about it.
(c) She loves the culture.
(d) She is sure it is the right thing to do.
10. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
(a) He is beheaded
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is stabbed.
11. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
12. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is giving up the throne.
(d) She is getting married.
13. How is Caesar killed?
14. Cleopatra's husband, Ptolemy, is more like a/an _____________ than a husband.
15. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is humbled.
(d) He is devastated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
2. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
3. What Egyptian words do Caesar and Cleopatra speak in front of a priest at Philae?
4. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)