|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To calculate when she will give birth.
(b) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(c) To give her a potion for headache.
(d) To bring down a fever.
2. Who is Caesar's wife?
3. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
4. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He may have courted her just for political support.
(b) He truly loves her.
(c) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
(d) He wants another son.
5. What island does Caesar return to be ruled by Egypt?
6. Cleopatra hears about a new law allowing Caesar ____________________.
(a) to abdicate.
(b) to have multiple wives.
(c) to recognize Caesarion legally.
(d) to send foreigners into exile.
7. What is the nickname of Cleopatra's son?
(a) Caesar Jr.
8. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Gaius Caesar.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Mark Antony.
(d) Gaius Oppius.
9. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
(a) Life imprisonment.
10. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
11. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
(a) will be set free.
(b) will be executed.
(c) will be exiled.
(d) will be tortured.
12. Olympos and Mardian teach Cleopatra to _____________.
(a) play a harp.
(c) ride a horse.
(d) fly a kite.
13. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
(c) Marc Antony's.
(d) Marcus Aurelius'.
14. What does Cleopatra give Caesar at their first formal meeting in Rome?
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) The two pirates.
(c) A cage of parrots.
(d) Treasure maps.
15. Cleopatra's sisters, Cleopatra and ______________ take control of the throne when their father is exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
2. What disease does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he has?
3. How do Caesar and Cleopatra travel?
4. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
5. Why does Cleopatra feel vulnerable where Caesar is concerned?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)