|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
2. Cleopatra learns that her sister, _______________, is being held in the Tullianum Prison.
3. What nationality is Pompey the Great?
4. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
5. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To bring down a fever.
(b) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(c) To give her a potion for headache.
(d) To calculate when she will give birth.
6. What element of Roman life intrigues Cleopatra when she tours the city?
(c) Hot and cold running water.
(d) Hanging gardens.
7. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
(a) He is doubtful.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is incredulous.
(d) He is pleased.
8. Who is named as Caesar's heir in his will?
9. Where is Caesar living when a Roman civil war spills over to Egypt?
10. Why does Cleopatra feel vulnerable where Caesar is concerned?
(a) She thinks he may want to imprison her.
(b) She is not sure if he loves her like she loves him.
(c) She does not feel beautiful around the Roman women.
(d) She feels uncomfortable around Calpurnia.
11. What is the nature of the festival that Cleopatra attends?
(a) Masters and slaves trade places.
(b) The Summer Solstice.
(c) May Day Festival.
(d) The Equinox celebration.
12. How old is Cleopatra at the time of the memory?
13. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
14. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is humbled.
(d) He is devastated.
15. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
(a) The food.
(b) The theater.
(c) She is a bystander.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleopatra's pregnancy ends in _________________.
2. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
3. What is the message of a letter Caesar sends to Cleopatra?
4. Cleopatra has to travel to _____________ to discredit a man claiming to be the elder Ptolemy.
5. Why does Caesar say he will not divorce Calpurnia?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)