|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a pastime Cleopatra indulged in with Mardian?
(a) Built small bricks.
(b) Playing jacks.
(c) Built a goat cart.
(d) Created cities in mud.
2. Why does Caesar say he will not divorce Calpurnia?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has stood behind him during his rise to the top.
(c) She has money.
(d) She is very ill.
3. As a child, Cleopatra is taken to the throne of ______________ and told that she is her daughter.
4. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Gaius Oppius.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Mark Antony.
(d) Gaius Caesar.
5. How do Caesar and Cleopatra travel?
(a) By wagons.
(b) By barge.
(c) By camels.
(d) By horseback.
6. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
(a) To have her image put on coins.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To take her to Rome.
(d) To return her to the throne.
7. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
(b) Marc Antony's.
(c) Marcus Aurelius'.
8. Cleopatra's husband, Ptolemy, is more like a/an _____________ than a husband.
9. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
(a) Caesarion has no legal standing in Rome.
(b) Caesarion will rule Rome one day.
(c) Caesarion is too weak to rule Egypt.
(d) Caesarion is not his true son.
10. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
(a) He picks him up.
(b) He places a laurel wreath on his head.
(c) He issues a decree.
(d) He creates a throne for him.
11. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
(a) The weather.
(b) She is a bystander.
(c) The food.
(d) The theater.
12. Olympos and Mardian teach Cleopatra to _____________.
(b) ride a horse.
(c) fly a kite.
(d) play a harp.
13. Cleopatra's pregnancy ends in _________________.
(a) a miscarriage.
(b) a stillborn child.
(c) a healthy child.
(d) a child who dies soon after birth.
14. Who accompanies Cleopatra to retrieve Caesar's body?
(b) Marc Antony.
15. After her father's death, Cleopatra is to co-rule with ______________.
(a) her brother.
(b) her nephew.
(c) her uncle.
(d) her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
2. How is Caesar killed?
3. How old is Cleopatra at the time of the memory?
4. Who is the boy who takes care of animals and becomes Cleopatra's friend?
5. How does Cleopatra gain entry into Caesar's room?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)