Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is incredulous.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is doubtful.
2. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
(a) To Gaul.
(b) To Rome.
(c) Across the Mediterranean.
(d) Across Egypt.
3. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To take a holiday.
(b) To revenge Pompey's death.
(c) To learn the language.
(d) To conquer the land.
4. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
(a) has leprosy.
(b) has lost her eyesight.
(c) almost drowned.
(d) has cancer.
5. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
(a) He places a laurel wreath on his head.
(b) He picks him up.
(c) He issues a decree.
(d) He creates a throne for him.
6. What does Cleopatra give Caesar at their first formal meeting in Rome?
(a) Treasure maps.
(b) A chest of gold.
(c) A cage of parrots.
(d) The two pirates.
7. Where is Caesar living when a Roman civil war spills over to Egypt?
8. Cleopatra's pregnancy ends in _________________.
(a) a healthy child.
(b) a child who dies soon after birth.
(c) a stillborn child.
(d) a miscarriage.
9. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
10. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
11. Cleopatra has to travel to _____________ to discredit a man claiming to be the elder Ptolemy.
12. What is the message of a letter Caesar sends to Cleopatra?
(a) He cannot divorce his wife.
(b) He invites her to Rome.
(c) He acknowledges their son.
(d) He is returning to marry her.
13. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
(c) Life imprisonment.
14. Who is Caesar's wife?
15. What is the nickname of Cleopatra's son?
(a) Caesar Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
2. Cleopatra's sisters, Cleopatra and ______________ take control of the throne when their father is exiled.
3. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
4. What does Caesar say he will build along the Tiber?
5. How is Caesar killed?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)