|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Olympos and Mardian teach Cleopatra to _____________.
(b) ride a horse.
(c) fly a kite.
(d) play a harp.
2. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
(a) He is beheaded
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He drowns.
3. Who is named as Caesar's heir in his will?
4. Cleopatra talks at length with Epaphroditus about ____________________.
(b) an oracle.
(d) a Messiah.
5. After her father's death, Cleopatra is to co-rule with ______________.
(a) her nephew.
(b) her sister.
(c) her brother.
(d) her uncle.
6. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
7. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
8. What Egyptian words do Caesar and Cleopatra speak in front of a priest at Philae?
(a) Unification strategies.
(b) Battle plans.
(c) Marriage vows.
(d) A truce.
9. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
(a) see a play.
(b) take a walk.
(c) go sailing.
(d) have a banquet.
10. What island does Caesar return to be ruled by Egypt?
11. Where is Caesar living when a Roman civil war spills over to Egypt?
12. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
13. What is the nickname of Cleopatra's son?
(b) Caesar Jr.
14. How is Cleopatra received by the people of Rome?
(a) She is unpopular.
(b) She is exiled.
(c) She is ignored.
(d) She is popular.
15. What do Cleopatra's men do with the two pirates they capture?
(a) Hold them to take to Caesar.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Throw them overboard.
(d) Poison them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cleopatra concerned about Caesar launching a campaign against the country in in #32?
2. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
3. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
4. Why is Octavian being sent away?
5. What does Pompey the Great say about the seven-year-old Cleopatra?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)