|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cleopatra concerned about Caesar launching a campaign against the country in in #32?
(a) He doesn't have the army.
(b) He doesn't have the resources.
(c) He doesn't have the loyalty of Rome.
(d) He is getting older.
2. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He truly loves her.
(b) He may have courted her just for political support.
(c) He wants another son.
(d) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
3. Who is the nephew of Caesar's wife?
(a) Marcus Aurelius.
(b) Gaius Octavian.
(c) Gaius Caesar.
(d) Gaius Augustus.
4. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
(b) Gaius Caesar.
(c) Gaius Oppius.
(d) Mark Antony.
5. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
6. What nationality is Pompey the Great?
7. What disease does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he has?
(a) Falling sickness.
8. Which of the following is NOT a pastime Cleopatra indulged in with Mardian?
(a) Created cities in mud.
(b) Built small bricks.
(c) Built a goat cart.
(d) Playing jacks.
9. Cleopatra talks at length with Epaphroditus about ____________________.
(b) an oracle.
(d) a Messiah.
10. How do Caesar and Cleopatra travel?
(a) By camels.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By wagons.
(d) By barge.
11. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
(b) Life imprisonment.
12. Cleopatra's sisters, Cleopatra and ______________ take control of the throne when their father is exiled.
13. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
14. What is Cleopatra's physical condition when she sails for Egypt?
(a) She has tuberculosis.
(b) She has malaria.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has epilepsy.
15. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous warrior does Cleopatra dream about which concerns her?
2. Cleopatra's pregnancy ends in _________________.
3. How is Cleopatra received by the people of Rome?
4. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
5. Cleopatra's younger stepsister is named _________________.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)