|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is humbled.
2. What does Pompey the Great say about the seven-year-old Cleopatra?
(a) She is a special joy.
(b) She is an enchanting child.
(c) She has eyes as black as midnight.
(d) She is impudent.
3. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
4. Cleopatra's husband, Ptolemy, is more like a/an _____________ than a husband.
5. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
6. What is Cleopatra's physical condition when she sails for Egypt?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has tuberculosis.
(c) She has malaria.
(d) She has epilepsy.
7. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He may have courted her just for political support.
(b) He wants another son.
(c) He truly loves her.
(d) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
8. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
9. Who is Caesar's wife?
10. As a child, Cleopatra is taken to the throne of ______________ and told that she is her daughter.
11. How old is Caesar at this time?
(a) More than fifty.
(b) Just past sixty.
(c) Almost forty.
12. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is giving up the throne.
13. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To calculate when she will give birth.
(b) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(c) To give her a potion for headache.
(d) To bring down a fever.
14. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
(a) will be set free.
(b) will be exiled.
(c) will be tortured.
(d) will be executed.
15. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Gaul.
(c) Across the Mediterranean.
(d) Across Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cleopatra feel vulnerable where Caesar is concerned?
2. How is Cleopatra received by the people of Rome?
3. Caesar orders a statue of _____________ to be placed in the temple.
4. What disease does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he has?
5. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)