|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
(a) She is aided by Rome.
(b) She had twins.
(c) She is overthrown.
(d) She is publicly executed.
2. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
(a) He picks him up.
(b) He places a laurel wreath on his head.
(c) He issues a decree.
(d) He creates a throne for him.
3. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
(a) see a play.
(b) go sailing.
(c) have a banquet.
(d) take a walk.
4. What does Cleopatra give Caesar at their first formal meeting in Rome?
(a) The two pirates.
(b) A chest of gold.
(c) A cage of parrots.
(d) Treasure maps.
5. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
(b) Heart disease.
6. Cleopatra's younger stepsister is named _________________.
7. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
(a) will be executed.
(b) will be tortured.
(c) will be exiled.
(d) will be set free.
8. Cleopatra hears about a new law allowing Caesar ____________________.
(a) to abdicate.
(b) to recognize Caesarion legally.
(c) to send foreigners into exile.
(d) to have multiple wives.
9. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is humbled.
(d) He is happy.
10. How is Cleopatra received by the people of Rome?
(a) She is popular.
(b) She is exiled.
(c) She is unpopular.
(d) She is ignored.
11. What does Pompey the Great say about the seven-year-old Cleopatra?
(a) She is impudent.
(b) She has eyes as black as midnight.
(c) She is a special joy.
(d) She is an enchanting child.
12. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
(a) To take her to Rome.
(b) To have her image put on coins.
(c) To return her to the throne.
(d) To marry her.
13. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He truly loves her.
(b) He may have courted her just for political support.
(c) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
(d) He wants another son.
14. Cleopatra talks at length with Epaphroditus about ____________________.
(b) a Messiah.
(d) an oracle.
15. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To learn the language.
(b) To take a holiday.
(c) To revenge Pompey's death.
(d) To conquer the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
2. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
3. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
4. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
5. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)