|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
(a) She loves the culture.
(b) She has doubts about it.
(c) She is sure it is the right thing to do.
(d) She is happy to be there.
2. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
(a) To take her to Rome.
(b) To have her image put on coins.
(c) To return her to the throne.
(d) To marry her.
3. What is Cleopatra remembering as the story opens?
(a) Her coronation.
(b) Her first love.
(c) Her mother's drowning.
(d) Her upcoming wedding.
4. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is beheaded
(d) He drowns.
5. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To rescue his exiled father.
(b) To seek a bride.
(c) To lead a major battle.
(d) To learn military tactics.
6. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
(a) To Rome.
(b) Across the Mediterranean.
(c) To Gaul.
(d) Across Egypt.
7. What is the message of a letter Caesar sends to Cleopatra?
(a) He acknowledges their son.
(b) He cannot divorce his wife.
(c) He invites her to Rome.
(d) He is returning to marry her.
8. Why does Caesar say he will not divorce Calpurnia?
(a) She has money.
(b) She has stood behind him during his rise to the top.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is very ill.
9. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
10. What nationality is Pompey the Great?
11. Who is the boy who takes care of animals and becomes Cleopatra's friend?
12. Why does Cleopatra decide to leave Caesar's celebration?
(a) The crowd jeers at her.
(b) She gets sunstroke by being outside too long.
(c) Caesarion gets ill.
(d) People are killed in mock battles.
13. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He truly loves her.
(b) He may have courted her just for political support.
(c) He wants another son.
(d) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
14. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
15. Why does Cleopatra feel vulnerable where Caesar is concerned?
(a) She does not feel beautiful around the Roman women.
(b) She is not sure if he loves her like she loves him.
(c) She feels uncomfortable around Calpurnia.
(d) She thinks he may want to imprison her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
2. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
3. Cleopatra learns that her sister, _______________, is being held in the Tullianum Prison.
4. Which famous warrior does Cleopatra dream about which concerns her?
5. How does Calpurnia feel about Caesar's indiscretions?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)