|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
(a) take a walk.
(b) see a play.
(c) have a banquet.
(d) go sailing.
2. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
(a) Nile River.
(b) Tiber River.
(c) Mesopotamia River.
(d) Seine River.
3. Why is Cleopatra concerned about Caesar launching a campaign against the country in in #32?
(a) He doesn't have the army.
(b) He doesn't have the loyalty of Rome.
(c) He doesn't have the resources.
(d) He is getting older.
4. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(b) To calculate when she will give birth.
(c) To give her a potion for headache.
(d) To bring down a fever.
5. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
(b) Ptolemy Caesar.
(c) Gaius Caesar.
(d) Ptolemy Ain.
6. How old is Caesar at this time?
(a) Just past sixty.
(b) More than fifty.
(c) Almost forty.
7. Who accompanies Cleopatra to retrieve Caesar's body?
(d) Marc Antony.
8. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
9. Why does Cleopatra decide to leave Caesar's celebration?
(a) She gets sunstroke by being outside too long.
(b) The crowd jeers at her.
(c) Caesarion gets ill.
(d) People are killed in mock battles.
10. Who is Cleopatra's female servant who travels with her when she is away at Gaza?
11. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
(b) Marcus Aurelius'.
(d) Marc Antony's.
12. Who does Caesar tell Cleopatra that she needs to marry?
(b) The younger Ptolemy.
13. What does Caesar promise Cleopatra when he returns from battle?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To stay in Rome for awhile if she will.
(c) To take her home to Egypt.
(d) To recognize Caesarion publicly.
14. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
15. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Gaius Caesar.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Mark Antony.
(d) Gaius Oppius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey the Great say about the seven-year-old Cleopatra?
2. There is an uprising with Arisonoe and ______________ at its heart.
3. What nationality is Pompey the Great?
4. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
5. Cleopatra has to travel to _____________ to discredit a man claiming to be the elder Ptolemy.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)