|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is incredulous.
(d) He is doubtful.
2. Cleopatra talks at length with Epaphroditus about ____________________.
(b) an oracle.
(c) a Messiah.
3. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is humbled.
4. What does Caesar say he will build along the Tiber?
(a) More bridges.
(b) Egyptian buildings.
5. Which of the following would NOT be a problem if the river in #45 were to flood?
(c) Failed crops.
(d) Better fishing.
6. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
7. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
(a) She loves the culture.
(b) She has doubts about it.
(c) She is sure it is the right thing to do.
(d) She is happy to be there.
8. What disease does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he has?
(b) Falling sickness.
9. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
(a) To kill Caesarion.
(b) To marry her.
(c) For some personal political gain.
(d) To imprison her.
10. What is the nickname of Cleopatra's son?
(a) Caesar Jr.
11. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
12. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
(a) Mesopotamia River.
(b) Seine River.
(c) Tiber River.
(d) Nile River.
13. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
(a) has leprosy.
(b) has cancer.
(c) has lost her eyesight.
(d) almost drowned.
14. Who is the nephew of Caesar's wife?
(a) Gaius Octavian.
(b) Gaius Augustus.
(c) Marcus Aurelius.
(d) Gaius Caesar.
15. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Gaius Caesar.
(b) Gaius Oppius.
(c) Caesar Augustus.
(d) Mark Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
2. What is the nature of the festival that Cleopatra attends?
3. Why is Octavian being sent away?
4. What island does Caesar return to be ruled by Egypt?
5. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)