|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar say he will not divorce Calpurnia?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has stood behind him during his rise to the top.
(d) She has money.
2. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To seek a bride.
(b) To learn military tactics.
(c) To lead a major battle.
(d) To rescue his exiled father.
3. Cleopatra hears about a new law allowing Caesar ____________________.
(a) to recognize Caesarion legally.
(b) to send foreigners into exile.
(c) to have multiple wives.
(d) to abdicate.
4. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
5. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
6. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
7. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
(a) Gaius Caesar.
(b) Ptolemy Ain.
(c) Ptolemy Caesar.
(d) Caesar Augustus.
8. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
(a) Across the Mediterranean.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To Gaul.
(d) Across Egypt.
9. Why does Cleopatra decide to leave Caesar's celebration?
(a) People are killed in mock battles.
(b) She gets sunstroke by being outside too long.
(c) The crowd jeers at her.
(d) Caesarion gets ill.
10. Cleopatra learns that her sister, _______________, is being held in the Tullianum Prison.
11. What is Cleopatra's opinion of Caesar's wife?
(a) She is cold as a statue.
(b) She is big as a barge.
(c) She is very pretty.
(d) She is pinched like a prune.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
(a) She had twins.
(b) She is aided by Rome.
(c) She is overthrown.
(d) She is publicly executed.
13. What does Caesar promise Cleopatra when he returns from battle?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To recognize Caesarion publicly.
(c) To take her home to Egypt.
(d) To stay in Rome for awhile if she will.
14. What island does Caesar return to be ruled by Egypt?
15. Cleopatra's younger stepsister is named _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the nephew of Caesar's wife?
2. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
3. Where is Caesar murdered?
4. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
5. Who is named as Caesar's heir in his will?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)