|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Egyptian words do Caesar and Cleopatra speak in front of a priest at Philae?
(a) Marriage vows.
(b) Unification strategies.
(c) Battle plans.
(d) A truce.
2. What does Pompey the Great say about the seven-year-old Cleopatra?
(a) She is impudent.
(b) She is a special joy.
(c) She has eyes as black as midnight.
(d) She is an enchanting child.
3. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
4. Who does Caesar tell Cleopatra that she needs to marry?
(b) The younger Ptolemy.
5. Which of the following is NOT a pastime Cleopatra indulged in with Mardian?
(a) Created cities in mud.
(b) Playing jacks.
(c) Built small bricks.
(d) Built a goat cart.
6. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
(a) have a banquet.
(b) go sailing.
(c) see a play.
(d) take a walk.
7. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
(a) has lost her eyesight.
(b) has cancer.
(c) almost drowned.
(d) has leprosy.
8. What does Cleopatra give Caesar at their first formal meeting in Rome?
(a) A cage of parrots.
(b) A chest of gold.
(c) Treasure maps.
(d) The two pirates.
9. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
10. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
11. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
(a) To kill Caesarion.
(b) For some personal political gain.
(c) To imprison her.
(d) To marry her.
12. Cleopatra talks at length with Epaphroditus about ____________________.
(a) an oracle.
(c) a Messiah.
13. Where is Caesar murdered?
(a) Walking to the baths.
(b) At his home.
(c) On a ship.
(d) On the Senate floor.
14. Cleopatra's younger stepsister is named _________________.
15. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
2. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
3. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
4. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
5. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)