|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
(a) Ptolemy Caesar.
(b) Ptolemy Ain.
(c) Gaius Caesar.
(d) Caesar Augustus.
2. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
3. Who is the boy who takes care of animals and becomes Cleopatra's friend?
4. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
5. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
(a) Caesarion is too weak to rule Egypt.
(b) Caesarion will rule Rome one day.
(c) Caesarion is not his true son.
(d) Caesarion has no legal standing in Rome.
6. What is the nature of the festival that Cleopatra attends?
(a) The Summer Solstice.
(b) The Equinox celebration.
(c) Masters and slaves trade places.
(d) May Day Festival.
7. How do Caesar and Cleopatra travel?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By barge.
(c) By camels.
(d) By wagons.
8. What does Caesar do at the pyramids?
(a) He falls unconscious.
(b) He has his portrait painted.
(c) He has a statue commissioned.
(d) He launches a battle.
9. Caesar orders a statue of _____________ to be placed in the temple.
10. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
(a) She is overthrown.
(b) She is publicly executed.
(c) She is aided by Rome.
(d) She had twins.
11. What does Caesar promise Cleopatra when he returns from battle?
(a) To recognize Caesarion publicly.
(b) To take her home to Egypt.
(c) To stay in Rome for awhile if she will.
(d) To marry her.
12. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
13. Who is Caesar's wife?
14. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
15. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cleopatra and Caesarion see for the first time in Rome?
2. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
3. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
4. After her father's death, Cleopatra is to co-rule with ______________.
5. Which of the following would NOT be a problem if the river in #45 were to flood?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)