|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What island does Caesar return to be ruled by Egypt?
2. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
(a) will be tortured.
(b) will be set free.
(c) will be executed.
(d) will be exiled.
3. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To learn the language.
(b) To revenge Pompey's death.
(c) To take a holiday.
(d) To conquer the land.
4. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
(a) Seine River.
(b) Nile River.
(c) Tiber River.
(d) Mesopotamia River.
5. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
(a) He is doubtful.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is incredulous.
(d) He is angry.
6. What is Cleopatra remembering as the story opens?
(a) Her coronation.
(b) Her first love.
(c) Her upcoming wedding.
(d) Her mother's drowning.
7. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
8. Who does Cleopatra choose to be her personal physician?
9. There is an upheaval in the government as some call for Caesar _____________________.
(a) to accept a higher power within government.
(b) to banish Cleopatra.
(c) to abdicate.
(d) go into exile.
10. Cleopatra has to travel to _____________ to discredit a man claiming to be the elder Ptolemy.
11. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
(a) The weather.
(b) The food.
(c) The theater.
(d) She is a bystander.
12. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(b) To give her a potion for headache.
(c) To calculate when she will give birth.
(d) To bring down a fever.
13. Cleopatra's sisters, Cleopatra and ______________ take control of the throne when their father is exiled.
14. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
(c) Heart disease.
15. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To learn military tactics.
(b) To lead a major battle.
(c) To rescue his exiled father.
(d) To seek a bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
2. What is Cleopatra's physical condition when she sails for Egypt?
3. Who accompanies Cleopatra to retrieve Caesar's body?
4. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
5. Who is Caesar's wife?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)