|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is beheaded
(d) He drowns.
2. What disease does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he has?
(a) Falling sickness.
3. Who is named as Caesar's heir in his will?
4. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
(a) will be set free.
(b) will be exiled.
(c) will be tortured.
(d) will be executed.
5. What do Cleopatra's men do with the two pirates they capture?
(a) Poison them.
(b) Throw them overboard.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Hold them to take to Caesar.
6. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
(b) Heart disease.
7. What element of Roman life intrigues Cleopatra when she tours the city?
(a) Hanging gardens.
(d) Hot and cold running water.
8. There is an upheaval in the government as some call for Caesar _____________________.
(a) to abdicate.
(b) to accept a higher power within government.
(c) go into exile.
(d) to banish Cleopatra.
9. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
(a) Marc Antony's.
(b) Marcus Aurelius'.
10. What is the message of a letter Caesar sends to Cleopatra?
(a) He acknowledges their son.
(b) He cannot divorce his wife.
(c) He is returning to marry her.
(d) He invites her to Rome.
11. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
(a) Caesarion has no legal standing in Rome.
(b) Caesarion is too weak to rule Egypt.
(c) Caesarion is not his true son.
(d) Caesarion will rule Rome one day.
12. Cleopatra has to travel to _____________ to discredit a man claiming to be the elder Ptolemy.
13. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
14. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
(a) almost drowned.
(b) has lost her eyesight.
(c) has cancer.
(d) has leprosy.
15. Which country does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he needs to conquer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the festival that Cleopatra attends?
2. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
3. Why does Caesar say he will not divorce Calpurnia?
4. Caesar orders a statue of _____________ to be placed in the temple.
5. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)