|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
(a) has lost her eyesight.
(b) has leprosy.
(c) has cancer.
(d) almost drowned.
2. What island does Caesar return to be ruled by Egypt?
3. Who is the nephew of Caesar's wife?
(a) Gaius Augustus.
(b) Gaius Caesar.
(c) Marcus Aurelius.
(d) Gaius Octavian.
4. What do Cleopatra's men do with the two pirates they capture?
(a) Hold them to take to Caesar.
(b) Throw them overboard.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Poison them.
5. Who is named as Caesar's heir in his will?
6. How old is Cleopatra at the time of the memory?
7. Cleopatra has to travel to _____________ to discredit a man claiming to be the elder Ptolemy.
8. Cleopatra's pregnancy ends in _________________.
(a) a stillborn child.
(b) a miscarriage.
(c) a healthy child.
(d) a child who dies soon after birth.
9. Cleopatra learns that her sister, _______________, is being held in the Tullianum Prison.
10. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
11. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
12. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To lead a major battle.
(b) To seek a bride.
(c) To rescue his exiled father.
(d) To learn military tactics.
13. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
14. What is Cleopatra's opinion of Caesar's wife?
(a) She is big as a barge.
(b) She is cold as a statue.
(c) She is very pretty.
(d) She is pinched like a prune.
15. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Mark Antony.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Gaius Oppius.
(d) Gaius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
2. There is an upheaval in the government as some call for Caesar _____________________.
3. Which of the following is NOT a pastime Cleopatra indulged in with Mardian?
4. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
5. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)