|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the festival that Cleopatra attends?
(a) May Day Festival.
(b) Masters and slaves trade places.
(c) The Equinox celebration.
(d) The Summer Solstice.
2. There is an upheaval in the government as some call for Caesar _____________________.
(a) go into exile.
(b) to abdicate.
(c) to accept a higher power within government.
(d) to banish Cleopatra.
3. How does Cleopatra gain entry into Caesar's room?
(a) She hides in a rug.
(b) She does not gain entry.
(c) She poses as a servant.
(d) She hides in a basket.
4. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To imprison her.
(c) To kill Caesarion.
(d) For some personal political gain.
5. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
(a) Caesarion has no legal standing in Rome.
(b) Caesarion is not his true son.
(c) Caesarion will rule Rome one day.
(d) Caesarion is too weak to rule Egypt.
6. Olympos and Mardian teach Cleopatra to _____________.
(a) play a harp.
(c) fly a kite.
(d) ride a horse.
7. Cleopatra hears about a new law allowing Caesar ____________________.
(a) to send foreigners into exile.
(b) to abdicate.
(c) to have multiple wives.
(d) to recognize Caesarion legally.
8. Caesar orders a statue of _____________ to be placed in the temple.
9. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
(a) To have her image put on coins.
(b) To return her to the throne.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To take her to Rome.
10. Cleopatra talks at length with Epaphroditus about ____________________.
(c) an oracle.
(d) a Messiah.
11. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To learn military tactics.
(b) To rescue his exiled father.
(c) To seek a bride.
(d) To lead a major battle.
12. Cleopatra asks Olympos to treat a woman who _________________.
(a) has lost her eyesight.
(b) has leprosy.
(c) almost drowned.
(d) has cancer.
13. Which famous warrior does Cleopatra dream about which concerns her?
(c) Ghengis Khan.
14. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
15. What is Cleopatra's physical condition when she sails for Egypt?
(a) She has malaria.
(b) She has epilepsy.
(c) She has tuberculosis.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
2. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
3. What does Caesar do at the pyramids?
4. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
5. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)