|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cleopatra remembering as the story opens?
(a) Her coronation.
(b) Her mother's drowning.
(c) Her upcoming wedding.
(d) Her first love.
2. How does Cleopatra gain entry into Caesar's room?
(a) She hides in a rug.
(b) She poses as a servant.
(c) She hides in a basket.
(d) She does not gain entry.
3. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To bring down a fever.
(b) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(c) To calculate when she will give birth.
(d) To give her a potion for headache.
4. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
(a) To marry her.
(b) For some personal political gain.
(c) To imprison her.
(d) To kill Caesarion.
5. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
6. Which famous warrior does Cleopatra dream about which concerns her?
(d) Ghengis Khan.
7. Which of the following is NOT true about Cleopatra's sister, Berenice?
(a) She is overthrown.
(b) She is publicly executed.
(c) She had twins.
(d) She is aided by Rome.
8. What disease does Caesar tell Cleopatra that he has?
(b) Falling sickness.
9. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
(b) He wants another son.
(c) He truly loves her.
(d) He may have courted her just for political support.
10. Why does Cleopatra feel vulnerable where Caesar is concerned?
(a) She is not sure if he loves her like she loves him.
(b) She does not feel beautiful around the Roman women.
(c) She feels uncomfortable around Calpurnia.
(d) She thinks he may want to imprison her.
11. How is Caesar killed?
12. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
(a) She is giving up the throne.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is dying.
13. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
(b) Mark Antony.
(c) Gaius Caesar.
(d) Gaius Oppius.
14. How old is Caesar at this time?
(a) More than fifty.
(b) Just past sixty.
(c) Almost forty.
15. How does Calpurnia feel about Caesar's indiscretions?
(a) She ignores them.
(b) She accepts them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) She is unaware of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cleopatra and Caesar travel?
2. Who does Caesar tell Cleopatra that she needs to marry?
3. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
4. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
5. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)