|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Cleopatra at the time of the memory?
2. Which famous warrior does Cleopatra dream about which concerns her?
(d) Ghengis Khan.
3. What do Cleopatra's men do with the two pirates they capture?
(a) Hold them to take to Caesar.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Throw them overboard.
(d) Poison them.
4. Where is Caesar murdered?
(a) On the Senate floor.
(b) Walking to the baths.
(c) On a ship.
(d) At his home.
5. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To calculate when she will give birth.
(b) To bring down a fever.
(c) To give her a potion for headache.
(d) To give her an ointment for a rash.
6. How is Cleopatra received by the people of Rome?
(a) She is exiled.
(b) She is unpopular.
(c) She is popular.
(d) She is ignored.
7. What is Cleopatra's physical condition when she sails for Egypt?
(a) She has tuberculosis.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has epilepsy.
(d) She has malaria.
8. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
9. What nationality is Pompey the Great?
10. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To conquer the land.
(b) To revenge Pompey's death.
(c) To take a holiday.
(d) To learn the language.
11. Olympos and Mardian teach Cleopatra to _____________.
(b) play a harp.
(c) ride a horse.
(d) fly a kite.
12. What is the formal name of Cleopatra's new son?
(a) Ptolemy Caesar.
(b) Ptolemy Ain.
(c) Caesar Augustus.
(d) Gaius Caesar.
13. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
(a) Life imprisonment.
14. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
15. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
(a) She has doubts about it.
(b) She loves the culture.
(c) She is sure it is the right thing to do.
(d) She is happy to be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cleopatra remembering as the story opens?
2. Cleopatra's pregnancy ends in _________________.
3. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
4. Who does Cleopatra choose to oversee her wardrobe?
5. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)