|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
2. What do Cleopatra and Caesarion see for the first time in Rome?
(a) Stained glass.
3. What does Cleopatra give Caesar at their first formal meeting in Rome?
(a) The two pirates.
(b) A chest of gold.
(c) Treasure maps.
(d) A cage of parrots.
4. After her father's death, Cleopatra is to co-rule with ______________.
(a) her sister.
(b) her brother.
(c) her uncle.
(d) her nephew.
5. What does Pompey the Great say about the seven-year-old Cleopatra?
(a) She is a special joy.
(b) She is an enchanting child.
(c) She is impudent.
(d) She has eyes as black as midnight.
6. Why does Cleopatra think that Caesar has brought her to Rome?
(a) To imprison her.
(b) For some personal political gain.
(c) To kill Caesarion.
(d) To marry her.
7. What disease is it determined that Ptolemy has after he is examined in Egypt?
(d) Heart disease.
8. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
(a) Mark Antony.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Gaius Oppius.
(d) Gaius Caesar.
9. What is the name of both of Cleopatra's brothers?
10. Caesar orders a statue of _____________ to be placed in the temple.
11. Why does Caesar say he will not divorce Calpurnia?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She has money.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has stood behind him during his rise to the top.
12. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(b) To give her a potion for headache.
(c) To bring down a fever.
(d) To calculate when she will give birth.
13. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
(a) To return her to the throne.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To take her to Rome.
(d) To have her image put on coins.
14. Caesar tells Cleopatra that he will soon leave for a military campaign in which country?
15. What is Cleopatra's opinion of Caesar's wife?
(a) She is big as a barge.
(b) She is pinched like a prune.
(c) She is cold as a statue.
(d) She is very pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleopatra's pregnancy ends in _________________.
2. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
3. Cleopatra's younger stepsister is named _________________.
4. Which famous warrior does Cleopatra dream about which concerns her?
5. How do Caesar and Cleopatra travel?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)