|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cleopatra is encouraged about Ptolemy's health because he wants to _________________.
(a) take a walk.
(b) have a banquet.
(c) see a play.
(d) go sailing.
2. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To take a holiday.
(b) To revenge Pompey's death.
(c) To learn the language.
(d) To conquer the land.
3. How does Caesar react to Cleopatra's news in #26?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is humbled.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is surprised.
4. Why is Octavian being sent away?
(a) To lead a major battle.
(b) To learn military tactics.
(c) To seek a bride.
(d) To rescue his exiled father.
5. In what area is Egypt at a disadvantage?
6. There is an upheaval in the government as some call for Caesar _____________________.
(a) to accept a higher power within government.
(b) go into exile.
(c) to abdicate.
(d) to banish Cleopatra.
7. What is Cleopatra's opinion of Caesar's wife?
(a) She is big as a barge.
(b) She is pinched like a prune.
(c) She is cold as a statue.
(d) She is very pretty.
8. Which of the following is NOT a pastime Cleopatra indulged in with Mardian?
(a) Built a goat cart.
(b) Created cities in mud.
(c) Built small bricks.
(d) Playing jacks.
9. At what age does Cleopatra realize that she could be forced to marry and bear children?
10. What element of Roman life intrigues Cleopatra when she tours the city?
(a) Hanging gardens.
(d) Hot and cold running water.
11. What does Cleopatra not enjoy about being in Rome?
(a) She is a bystander.
(b) The theater.
(c) The weather.
(d) The food.
12. Where is Caesar murdered?
(a) At his home.
(b) On the Senate floor.
(c) Walking to the baths.
(d) On a ship.
13. What news does Cleopatra have for Caesar?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is giving up the throne.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is getting married.
14. To what does Caesar change Arinsoe's sentence?
(c) Life imprisonment.
15. What is Caesar's reaction when he sees his son?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is doubtful.
(d) He is incredulous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Cleopatra and Pompey on a tour of the city?
2. Who is the nephew of Caesar's wife?
3. How does Caesar publicly acknowledge Caesarion?
4. Cleopatra's sisters, Cleopatra and ______________ take control of the throne when their father is exiled.
5. What does Caesar tell Cleopatra about Caesarion?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)