|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caesar living when a Roman civil war spills over to Egypt?
2. Who is Caesar's wife?
3. Whose home does Cleopatra visit during the festival?
(a) Marc Antony's.
(b) Marcus Aurelius'.
4. What do Cleopatra's men do with the two pirates they capture?
(a) Poison them.
(b) Hold them to take to Caesar.
(c) Throw them overboard.
(d) Torture them.
5. Olympos and Mardian teach Cleopatra to _____________.
(a) fly a kite.
(b) play a harp.
(c) ride a horse.
6. Why does Cleopatra need help from Olympos?
(a) To give her an ointment for a rash.
(b) To calculate when she will give birth.
(c) To bring down a fever.
(d) To give her a potion for headache.
7. What is the nature of the festival that Cleopatra attends?
(a) May Day Festival.
(b) The Summer Solstice.
(c) Masters and slaves trade places.
(d) The Equinox celebration.
8. Caesar declares that all prisoners ___________________ after the triumphal march.
(a) will be executed.
(b) will be tortured.
(c) will be set free.
(d) will be exiled.
9. What does Caesar say he will build along the Tiber?
(a) Egyptian buildings.
(c) More bridges.
10. What does Cleopatra come to realize about Caesar?
(a) He wants another son.
(b) He truly loves her.
(c) He is divorcing Calpurnia.
(d) He may have courted her just for political support.
11. How does the elder Ptolemy die?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is beheaded
12. What is the river that runs through Alexandria?
(a) Tiber River.
(b) Nile River.
(c) Mesopotamia River.
(d) Seine River.
13. Who is named as Caesar's heir in his will?
14. Why does Caesar arrive in Alexandria?
(a) To learn the language.
(b) To take a holiday.
(c) To revenge Pompey's death.
(d) To conquer the land.
15. After she arrives in Rome, how does Cleopatra feel about making the trip?
(a) She loves the culture.
(b) She has doubts about it.
(c) She is happy to be there.
(d) She is sure it is the right thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, Cleopatra is taken to the throne of ______________ and told that she is her daughter.
2. What is the name of one of Cleopatra's older sisters?
3. Who attacks Cleopatra ships as she sails to Rome?
4. Who meets Cleopatra in Rome on Caesar's behalf?
5. What promise does Caesar make to Cleopatra?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)