Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1 through 12
1. What traumatic event in Cleopatra's life begins the novel?
2. Who are Cleopatra's siblings?
3. What is the underlying political situation between two powers throughout Cleopatra's life and what is Egypt's position?
4. Why does Cleopatra become fast friends with Olympos and Mardian?
5. Describe some of Cleopatra's childhood activities and what does she think will bring an end to her youthful fun?
6. Which of Cleopatra's family members are in control when her father is in exile?
This section contains 854 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)