|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ended up being the specific term for the infection that was killing the babies?
(c) Influenza A.
2. What kind of restaurant did Rudy Coniglio own, according to the details in the book?
3. _________ babies are at a higher risk of infection and complications than others in the hospital.
4. What is the standard treatment for hepatitis once it is identified in a patient?
(a) Gamma globulin.
(d) IV fluids.
5. Carol Terry began to show signs of shakiness and _________ at the start, but these symptoms began to grow worse.
(b) Loss of appetite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Huckleby began to feed his animals a mixture of _________ and discarded seed grain from a local supplier.
2. Who did Natalie seek out in order to help her with the alignment of her teeth because of a gum condition?
3. Richard had a condition that baffled those around him. He seemed to have ___________, but his body wasn't malfunctioning.
4. What is NOT one of the symptoms Betty experienced when she was first ill and nothing was found to be wrong with her?
5. What is not one of the causes of hepatitis, according to research and medical findings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the initial symptoms that Betty Page experienced, leading her to seek out medical treatment?
2. What is the problem for patients who are suffering from Wilson's disease, according to the book?
3. What was the problem with the season being winter when it came to finding out the diagnosis for the sick children?
4. What does the chapter say seems to be a primary cause of sensitization of patients to metals?
5. Why didn't the man who hand kneaded the dough cause any infection to spread when the bread was baked?
6. What was determined to be the cause of the illness that was later found to be tularemia?
7. What was the initial named cause for the random cases of pneumonia that turned up for guests at a house party at Martha's Vineyard?
8. Septicemia a general term for what, according to the explanations in this book?
9. What was the problem the investigators found during their hunt for answers about the infected babies?
10. What did Natalie find out when she woke up in a hospital and didn't know who she was?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)