|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natalie participated in what profession before she went through her horrifying ordeal?
(b) Math teacher.
2. What ended up being the specific term for the infection that was killing the babies?
(a) Influenza A.
3. What organ becomes inflamed when a person is infected with hepatitis, according to the book?
(d) Gall bladder.
4. What is the chemical that the doctor used in order to relieve Dean's blue hands?
5. The symptoms the children were having indicated some sort of _____________, though the cause was unclear.
(c) Brain inflammation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the blood tests reveal about Richard's levels of thyroid hormones?
2. The course of investigation into the hepatitis outbreak resulted in the establishment of a _________ of infection.
3. What was the universal symptom in the other students who began to get ill?
4. How many children in a family of nine became ill when the CDC was called in to help?
5. What was the name of the fungicide that cause the troubles in the feed that was given to the animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the initial named cause for the random cases of pneumonia that turned up for guests at a house party at Martha's Vineyard?
2. What did the school officials begin to believe was the cause of the illnesses that were coming up in the student population?
3. What were the treatments that were begun on the contact dermatitis, though these treatments were not successful?
4. What happened to Sandy that began to cause the officials at the school to suspect something was wrong at the building?
5. Why did Natalie decide to seek out orthodontic treatment for her teeth in 1972?
6. What did Dean decide to do when he was experiencing cold hands during a card game?
7. What does the book point out is the treatment for Wilson's disease, helping the patient recover nearly immediately?
8. What was the problem the investigators found during their hunt for answers about the infected babies?
9. What did Natalie find out when she woke up in a hospital and didn't know who she was?
10. What was the strange phenomenon that the pizza restaurant owner began to experience?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)