|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vernon seek out treatment for his illness when he first began to have symptoms?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. What happens to people who get a mild form of the disease in this chapter?
(a) They die.
(b) They have to be quarantined.
(c) They are taken away.
(d) They become carriers.
3. In which part of her body did the New York woman begin to get more sensitive in relation to her disease?
4. What was found on the lungs of all of the children who complained of feeling sick?
5. In what state was David Hoffman an insulation installer, according to the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city were school children beginning to get ill for no apparent reason?
2. What was the name of the fruit market that was discovered to be the source of the contamination and disease?
3. What is NOT one of the possible culprits for the poisoning and disease the researchers were finding?
4. What was the initial reason why Hoffman decided to go into the doctor?
5. What allowed Vernon Berry to go on the trip that ended up causing him to contract a disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the severe symptoms that the woman had when she was admitted to the hospital before she died?
2. How had Jimson weed gotten into the food that the victims had eaten?
3. What did a German scientist discover about aspirin in 1874, according to the book?
4. What was the eventual diagnosis for the condition from which the woman suffered, even though it was never clear whether or not the diagnosis was correct?
5. What were the different diagnoses that the woman who went into the Dallas hospital had when she began her treatment?
6. What are some of the ways that aspirin can help a patient who takes it, according to scientific research?
7. What are some of the painful side effects of aspirin in some people who take it?
8. What happened when the eleven men were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning when they were first seen by medical professionals?
9. Where does the worm that afflicted Vernon normally live before it seeks out a human host?
10. How does a person contract anthrax if they come across it in the world?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)