|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of substance does aspirin inhibit that causes things like aches, pains, and fever?
2. What were investigators testing to find when they sent the blood samples of the men away?
(b) Authenticity of claims.
3. What allowed Vernon Berry to go on the trip that ended up causing him to contract a disease?
(a) A business trip.
(b) A free ticket.
(c) Small inheritance.
(d) A chance meeting.
4. Not everyone got poisoned as severely from the lunch since not everyone ________________.
(a) Drank wine.
(b) Ate as much.
(c) Went to the hospital.
(d) Was there.
5. The woman began to have difficulties ___________ when she would look at things in her environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the initial diagnosis for the strange symptoms the people in this chapter were exhibiting?
2. What is the name of the disease that can be passed onto humans from birds, according to scientists?
3. Aspirin's main functions are to reduce pain and __________ in the body.
4. The woman's ________ relationships among objects were almost impossible to judge correctly.
5. Once the anthrax _______ are in the body, they excrete a toxic substance as they grow and multiply.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the final cause for the trichinosis determined to be? What was the source of the infection?
2. How is the disease of typhoid fever spread, according to those who have studied it in the medical world?
3. What are some of the painful side effects of aspirin in some people who take it?
4. Why did Elmo Turner decide that he needed to visit his doctor in order to get treatment?
5. What happened when the eleven men were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning when they were first seen by medical professionals?
6. Why were the men who were eating the oatmeal more likely to have more salt on their oatmeal than others who were in the diner?
7. What was the strange sensation the 'essentially normal' woman began to experience, leading to discomfort?
8. What was the event that Herman had attended which led the doctor to the appropriate diagnosis?
9. What did Billy receive as treatment when he was first admitted and then discharged to home?
10. When Donald Hoffman went to his doctor, what was the doctor's diagnosis when he saw the itchy sore?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)