|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Vernon's home, according to the story, the place where he finally received the correct treatment?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
2. Who had a legal obligation to investigate the poisoning because there were eleven different cases of illness?
(a) The local emergency room.
(b) Health department.
(c) No one.
3. Who developed a vaccine for the rabies virus in the 1880s?
4. On what floor did the elderly woman who was a carrier live, according to the findings of researchers?
5. What were investigators testing to find when they sent the blood samples of the men away?
(a) Authenticity of claims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the anthrax _______ are in the body, they excrete a toxic substance as they grow and multiply.
2. What was the initial reason why Hoffman decided to go into the doctor?
3. Whocooked the pig that was served at the fest where people became ill?
4. What is the active ingredient in aspirin, according to the book?
5. The diagnosis for Hoffman was a __________ intrusion with concurrent infection, according to doctors.
Short Essay Questions
1. What ended up causing the contamination of the fruit at Tony's Market, leading to the illnesses?
2. What is the cause of death for a person who has contracted rabies and is not able to get treatment in time?
3. What did doctors discover about American bats in the course of their trying to treat the woman who seemed to have rabies?
4. How had Jimson weed gotten into the food that the victims had eaten?
5. Why did Elmo Turner decide that he needed to visit his doctor in order to get treatment?
6. What did the local public health official find out about the health of the students who were impacted by the infection?
7. What are some of the painful side effects of aspirin in some people who take it?
8. How does a person contract anthrax if they come across it in the world?
9. Why was the attending doctor who saw Herman not alarmed by his condition when he arrived at the hospital?
10. What were the symptoms the school children in Mountain Home were experiencing?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)