|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The one who was spreading the hepatitis, it seemed, was on a team of workers who were tasked with making ____________.
2. What happened to the food that was determined to be the cause of the troubles?
(a) It was burned.
(b) Nothing. It was all gone by the time it was found to be the source.
(c) It was recalled.
(d) It was still sold.
3. What did Natalie decide to keep when she was admitted to the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her favorite perfume.
(c) A stuffed animal.
4. _________ babies are at a higher risk of infection and complications than others in the hospital.
5. What caused others to see that Sandy was ill during a public performance with others?
(a) She couldn't walk straight.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She began to babble incoherently.
(d) She vomited.
6. Students who were not in __________ did not become ill like others.
(a) The gym class.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The choral rehearsal.
(d) The bathroom.
7. What was the game that Dean Berger loved to play, so he entered a competition in order to play it and to win?
8. What was the name of the fungicide that cause the troubles in the feed that was given to the animals?
9. Natalie participated in what profession before she went through her horrifying ordeal?
(b) Math teacher.
10. What was the name of the place from which all of the victims had bought their food?
(a) Cleaver Farm Store.
(b) Ruth's Farm Store.
(c) Poppy's Farm Store.
(d) L&M Clover Farm Store.
11. What was aired out before Betty's husband came, which is why he didn't have the same symptoms as she did?
(b) Paint fumes.
(c) Spoiled milk.
12. Dr. Robert Henkin, who worked for the ___________, was finally given Rudy's case, since everyone else was stumped.
(a) National Institutes of Health.
13. What did Betty see that made her realize what her medical condition probably was?
(a) A strange color in the water.
(b) A book.
(c) A dead bug.
(d) An invoice.
14. Richard had a condition that baffled those around him. He seemed to have ___________, but his body wasn't malfunctioning.
(b) The plague.
15. What did Natalie find out was given to her in order to help her depression, though this left her unaware of where she was?
(a) Electro-shock treatments.
(c) An injection of morphine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of animals were responsible for spreading the infection through the house party guests?
2. The _______ from the infected animals came from the wet fur of the dogs when they came inside to shake themselves off.
3. Two prominent doctors from the University of _________ School of Medicine were unable to determine what was wrong with Richard.
4. Doctors believe the initial exposure to copper for Sara might have been in __________ she wore.
5. What condition did many people at the garden party at Martha's Vineyard seem to contract?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)