|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the family raise, which made the investigators begin to think these might have had something to do with the cause?
2. What was the suspected cause of the infant's symptoms in July 1965?
3. What did the blood tests reveal about Richard's levels of thyroid hormones?
(a) They were high.
(b) They were nonexistent.
(c) They were low.
(d) They were normal.
4. Dr. Taylor began to think there was a/an _________ among the babies since everyone was diagnosed with the same disease.
5. Dr. Robert Henkin, who worked for the ___________, was finally given Rudy's case, since everyone else was stumped.
(c) National Institutes of Health.
6. _________ babies are at a higher risk of infection and complications than others in the hospital.
7. What is NOT one of the samples taken from the infant in order to find out what was wrong in order to choose the right treatment?
8. In what state is West Branch located, where the CDC was called in order to deal with an outbreak?
9. What is not one of the causes of hepatitis, according to research and medical findings?
(a) Direct contact with a patient.
(b) Contaminated water.
(c) Sneezing on a person.
(d) Contaminated food.
10. How is babesiosis generally spread, according to the book and to scientists?
11. How many children in a family of nine became ill when the CDC was called in to help?
12. One female patient got reactive to metals after having __________ implanted during a surgery.
(b) Stainless steel screws.
13. The doctor began to link the problems with smell and taste to troubles with the ________ and zinc levels in the body.
(b) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin D.
14. Since Dean was a _________, doctors believed his lower blood oxygen was caused by that exposure.
(a) Med tech.
(c) Paint chemist.
15. What did Sara have inserted into her body in April of the same year, which is the same time the problems began?
(d) Nose ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Natalie find out was given to her in order to help her depression, though this left her unaware of where she was?
2. What was the name of the fungicide that cause the troubles in the feed that was given to the animals?
3. What kinds of animals were responsible for spreading the infection through the house party guests?
4. The one who was spreading the hepatitis, it seemed, was on a team of workers who were tasked with making ____________.
5. What is the chemical that the doctor used in order to relieve Dean's blue hands?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)