|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Dean was a _________, doctors believed his lower blood oxygen was caused by that exposure.
(b) Paint chemist.
(c) Med tech.
2. What was the original diagnosis for Rudy's inability to smell or to taste anything pleasant?
(a) A cold or flu.
3. What happened to the food that was determined to be the cause of the troubles?
(a) It was still sold.
(b) It was burned.
(c) Nothing. It was all gone by the time it was found to be the source.
(d) It was recalled.
4. What is the standard treatment for hepatitis once it is identified in a patient?
(b) Gamma globulin.
(d) IV fluids.
5. For how many infections is septicemia the blanket term, making it difficult to choose the right course of treatment?
6. What did the blood tests reveal about Richard's levels of thyroid hormones?
(a) They were high.
(b) They were low.
(c) They were nonexistent.
(d) They were normal.
7. In what city was Sandy a popular girl at her school, according to this chapter?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
8. At whose house did Carol decide to recover when she was done with her stay at the hospital?
(a) A friend's place.
(b) Parents' house.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) Husband's house.
9. What happened to other students after Sandy was taken to the hospital?
(a) Other students left.
(b) Other students looked for clues.
(c) Other students thought she was faking it.
(d) Other students began to get ill.
10. What did Betty see that made her realize what her medical condition probably was?
(a) A dead bug.
(b) A strange color in the water.
(c) An invoice.
(d) A book.
11. What were Betty Page and her husband planning when she began to have strange medical symptoms?
(a) Daughter's wedding.
(b) A world trip.
(c) A cruise vacation.
(d) Their anniversary.
12. What ended up being the specific term for the infection that was killing the babies?
(a) Influenza A.
13. What was the suspected cause of the infant's symptoms in July 1965?
14. What kind of restaurant did Rudy Coniglio own, according to the details in the book?
15. The children were determined to have _________ poisoning from the ingestion of the animal products.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the samples taken from the infant in order to find out what was wrong in order to choose the right treatment?
2. What is NOT one of the symptoms Betty experienced when she was first ill and nothing was found to be wrong with her?
3. What is NOT one of the treatments that Natalie pursued in order to help her with her depression?
4. _________ is a bacterial infection that is typically found in rodents and transferred to humans through direct contact.
5. What was the name of the fungicide that cause the troubles in the feed that was given to the animals?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)