|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of restaurant did Rudy Coniglio own, according to the details in the book?
2. Natalie participated in what profession before she went through her horrifying ordeal?
(a) Math teacher.
3. What is not one of the causes of hepatitis, according to research and medical findings?
(a) Direct contact with a patient.
(b) Contaminated water.
(c) Contaminated food.
(d) Sneezing on a person.
4. Two prominent doctors from the University of _________ School of Medicine were unable to determine what was wrong with Richard.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
5. What did Sara have inserted into her body in April of the same year, which is the same time the problems began?
(d) Nose ring.
6. What did the blood tests reveal about Richard's levels of thyroid hormones?
(a) They were nonexistent.
(b) They were low.
(c) They were normal.
(d) They were high.
7. What happened to the food that was determined to be the cause of the troubles?
(a) Nothing. It was all gone by the time it was found to be the source.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was still sold.
(d) It was recalled.
8. The _______ from the infected animals came from the wet fur of the dogs when they came inside to shake themselves off.
9. What was the suspected cause of the infant's symptoms in July 1965?
10. In what state is West Branch located, where the CDC was called in order to deal with an outbreak?
11. During testing, it was discovered that Rudy's _________ were frayed and worn, which was surprising to many.
(d) Taste buds.
12. What was the game that Dean Berger loved to play, so he entered a competition in order to play it and to win?
13. One female patient got reactive to metals after having __________ implanted during a surgery.
(b) Stainless steel screws.
14. Since Dean was a _________, doctors believed his lower blood oxygen was caused by that exposure.
(b) Med tech.
(c) Paint chemist.
15. In what city was the dermatology clinic that Sara visited in order to have her dermatitis examined?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Betty Page and her husband planning when she began to have strange medical symptoms?
2. Dean put his hands into his armpits to make his hands warmer when he was the ________ for a hand.
3. _________ babies are at a higher risk of infection and complications than others in the hospital.
4. What was the original diagnosis for Rudy's inability to smell or to taste anything pleasant?
5. What was analyzed after being taken from each of the patients and others who were at the party?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)