|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doctors believe the initial exposure to copper for Sara might have been in __________ she wore.
(c) A sock.
2. The _______ from the infected animals came from the wet fur of the dogs when they came inside to shake themselves off.
3. What caused others to see that Sandy was ill during a public performance with others?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She vomited.
(c) She began to babble incoherently.
(d) She couldn't walk straight.
4. How is babesiosis generally spread, according to the book and to scientists?
5. In what city was the dermatology clinic that Sara visited in order to have her dermatitis examined?
6. What did Betty decide to do in order to get over her symptoms and her medical condition?
(b) Take a leave from her job.
(c) Take vitamins.
(d) Get more exercise.
7. Dean put his hands into his armpits to make his hands warmer when he was the ________ for a hand.
8. Carol Terry began to show signs of shakiness and _________ at the start, but these symptoms began to grow worse.
(b) Loss of appetite.
9. Students who were not in __________ did not become ill like others.
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The gym class.
(c) The choral rehearsal.
(d) The cafeteria.
10. What was aired out before Betty's husband came, which is why he didn't have the same symptoms as she did?
(b) Paint fumes.
(d) Spoiled milk.
11. What ended up being the specific term for the infection that was killing the babies?
(b) Influenza A.
12. What organ becomes inflamed when a person is infected with hepatitis, according to the book?
(b) Gall bladder.
13. Dr. Taylor began to think there was a/an _________ among the babies since everyone was diagnosed with the same disease.
14. What did the family raise, which made the investigators begin to think these might have had something to do with the cause?
15. How many children in a family of nine became ill when the CDC was called in to help?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of animals were responsible for spreading the infection through the house party guests?
2. What is another name for collective obsessional behavior, according to the book?
3. In what city was Sandy a popular girl at her school, according to this chapter?
4. What did Natalie find out was given to her in order to help her depression, though this left her unaware of where she was?
5. What was the original diagnosis for Rudy's inability to smell or to taste anything pleasant?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)