|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store refused the box of damaged clothing, though it was still sold at a salvage store?
(d) J.C. Penney.
2. What happens to people who get a mild form of the disease in this chapter?
(a) They have to be quarantined.
(b) They die.
(c) They are taken away.
(d) They become carriers.
3. Once the anthrax _______ are in the body, they excrete a toxic substance as they grow and multiply.
4. What is another name for the poison that had been accidentally used in the cafeteria?
5. What is the most common animal to be afflicted with the rabies virus, according to researchers?
6. What is the one term that Herman was able to utter when he was ill, helping officials find out the cause of his condition?
(c) Harry Heffelbach.
(d) The fridge.
7. What was the initial reason why Hoffman decided to go into the doctor?
(a) Back pain.
(b) Relentless cough.
(c) Itchy sore.
8. What is the active ingredient in aspirin, according to the book?
(a) Willow trees.
(c) Salicylic acid.
9. In which city were school children beginning to get ill for no apparent reason?
(b) Mountain Home.
(c) Culver City.
10. What was the final diagnosis for the woman who died within a few days of being admitted to the hospital?
(a) None was determined.
(b) Food poisoning.
11. In which part of her body did the New York woman begin to get more sensitive in relation to her disease?
12. Where did Vernon seek out treatment for his illness when he first began to have symptoms?
(b) Hong Kong.
13. What was the name of the fruit market that was discovered to be the source of the contamination and disease?
14. What is caused by a parasitic worm that lodges in the muscle fibers and can be an infection that is difficult to treat?
(c) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
15. How old was Richard Poole when he took an entire bottle of aspirin and died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whocooked the pig that was served at the fest where people became ill?
2. How many people besides Herman became ill with the dangerous food poisoning?
3. How many cases of illness had popped up by the time the medical team came in to investigate?
4. What was added to the aspirin compound in order to make it easier on stomachs to handle?
5. What kind of poisoning was first diagnosed when the men were brought in for medical attention?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)