|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Something a Little Unusual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the initial diagnosis for the strange symptoms the people in this chapter were exhibiting?
(b) E. Coli.
2. Rabies is a neurotropic ________ disease, involving the cells of the nervous system which are invaded.
3. What did Billy wear each time that he became ill with the dangerous symptoms?
(c) New jeans.
(d) A certain lotion.
4. What is NOT one of the diagnoses that the woman who entered the Dallas hospital was given?
(a) Typhoid fever.
5. Who had a legal obligation to investigate the poisoning because there were eleven different cases of illness?
(a) No one.
(b) The local emergency room.
(d) Health department.
Short Answer Questions
1. The disease in this chapter is passed on through the ___________ of a person who is carrying the disease.
2. What is the name of the disease that can be passed onto humans from birds, according to scientists?
3. What happened to three people in Manhattan in 1926, according to the description in this chapter?
4. Who developed a vaccine for the rabies virus in the 1880s?
5. Rabies enters the body of a person through the ________ of an infected animal's bite, according to research.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)