|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Something a Little Unusual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of substance does aspirin inhibit that causes things like aches, pains, and fever?
2. What is NOT one of the possible culprits for the poisoning and disease the researchers were finding?
(a) Delivered ice.
(c) Drinking water.
3. In what city was the hospital where Herman went to seek treatment for his uncomfortable symptoms?
(c) New York.
4. Rabies is a neurotropic ________ disease, involving the cells of the nervous system which are invaded.
5. One of the things that the woman thought was happening to her was that she was ___________.
(b) Having a breakdown.
(c) Going crazy.
(d) Hiding from life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the ill workers and employees sampled beforehand, which led to their illnesses?
2. Who developed a vaccine for the rabies virus in the 1880s?
3. In what year was the method to produce a synthetic version of aspirin's main ingredient discovered?
4. In what area did the men live when they were stricken by their mysterious disease?
5. What was Herman Sauer's job, according to the beginning of the chapter about him?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)