|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what bird does Rick name himself?
2. What do hang gliders use to glide?
(c) Small motors.
3. Where do the flyers find a thermal?
(a) Over the Maze.
(b) In Pundet valley.
(c) They are unable to find a thermal.
(d) Over Lizard Rock.
4. What will happen if Lon is trapped in the canyon?
(a) He's likely to be attacked by a wild cat.
(b) He will die of exposure during the night.
(c) He'll die of heat stroke.
(d) He'll drown in the coming storm.
5. What do Lon and Rick see back at the camp?
(b) 5 Sheriffs.
(d) 5 condors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scares off the other birds from the carcass?
2. How does Rick make it possible for Lon to climb out of the canyon?
3. In which direction does Maverick fly when Lon tries to catch him?
4. What does Rick tell Josh on the radio?
5. How old is Rick's mother when Rick is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rick do to find Lon and how does Carlile try to stop him?
2. How does Rick hike in the Maze and what does he find there? Why is Lon excited when Rick returns from the maze?
3. What does Rick finally tell Lon about himself?
4. What does Rick do on his third and fourth day hang gliding?
5. What does Lon do about M4 flying in the wrong direction, and what does he decide to do when that fails?
6. Why does Lon call Rick Icarus, what does Rick ask about the cliffs and what is Lon's response?
7. What does Lon tell Josh about M4, what favor does he ask of Josh and why?
8. How does Rick find Lon, and how does he rescue him?
9. What does Rick tell the judge, and what is the final disposition of Rick's case?
10. What does Lon tell Rick about how he became involved with condors?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)