|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick tell the driver of the second car about his belongings?
(a) He forgot them in the motel room.
(b) He has none.
(c) They were stolen.
(d) He sent them to his mother.
2. What does Rick find when he drives up a mountainous road?
(a) The road is very bumpy.
(b) There are more trees there.
(c) There is a small cabin at the end of the road.
(d) The road is blocked.
3. What is a boy from Rick's unit doing in Phoenix?
(a) Living on the streets.
(b) He's back living with his father.
(c) Working for his aunt.
(d) Going to school.
4. Where does the driver of the second car drop off Rick?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a gas station.
(c) At the mall.
(d) On the side of the road.
5. How does Lon track Maverick?
(a) Lon doesn's say.
(b) With a radio.
(c) With his telescope.
(d) With a chip inside the bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Rick's probation officer visited him?
2. How many adult condors are alive?
3. What state is the second car Rick gets a ride in from?
4. Who is a long-time friend of the Sheriff's?
5. What protects Lon from an eagle's talons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nuke opposing Lon?
2. How does Rick end up at a gas station where a Humvee is parked?
3. What does Lon tell Rick about his work?
4. Where is the camper driving, and what does Rick find when he looks for food?
5. What does the man suggest Rick can do to get back to a town, what does he tell Rick about Rick's story and what is the man's name?
6. What is the dream Rick has when he is sleeping in the desert where the camper had gone?
7. What does Rick find out about the restrained eagle and other animals?
8. Why is Rick worried because his social worker was fired, and what does he plan to do about his fears?
9. Why has Rick been brought before a judge, what does he say about his actions and how does the judge view Rick?
10. What does the judge ask Rick, what is Rick's response, to what does the judge sentence him and why?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)