|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dream does Rick have when he sleeps his first night in the desert?
(a) His flying dream from childhood.
(b) About being stuck on an ice berg.
(c) Seeing his mother and father.
(d) Drowning in the ocean.
2. Into what canyon has proven impossible for Nuke to get his cattle?
3. What does Rick relate about his dream to the story he is reading?
(a) Falling in the ocean.
(b) Being chased by a minotaur.
(c) Freedom of flying.
(d) Growing fruit.
4. What does Rick find when he looks around the camp?
(a) A portable generator.
(b) Three pairs of jeans hanging on a line.
(c) A gun and some ammo.
(d) A plastic shower bag and a portable toliet.
5. What is the name of the judge before whom Rick is brought in Chapter 1?
(a) Stuart Blackman.
(b) Phillip Thorn.
(c) Samuel Bendix.
(d) Janice Hotsfer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will the man at the camp be leaving?
2. What are two condors doing that Rick sees?
3. Why is Jasper Canyon closed to everyone?
4. What does Rick tell the driver of the second car about his belongings?
5. Where does Rick hide some food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rick think is the reason for Nuke's pit bull's name, and what does Joe think about the burning of a ranger station?
2. What does Rick's social worker tell the judge about Rick's life, and about how well the social worker knows Rick?
3. Why has Rick been brought before a judge, what does he say about his actions and how does the judge view Rick?
4. What does the judge ask Rick, what is Rick's response, to what does the judge sentence him and why?
5. What does Rick see as he looks around the camp and what does he consider stealing?
6. How does Rick get caught and what does the man order him to do?
7. What does Rick do when the camper stops?
8. What is Lon doing when Rick wakes from his nap after Joe left, and what does Lon call M4 and why?
9. What does Rick find out about the restrained eagle and other animals?
10. Where is the camper driving, and what does Rick find when he looks for food?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)