|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do about the cut on Rick's face?
(a) Give him a first aid kit to use.
(b) Put in three stitches.
(d) Pour wine over it.
2. What state is the second car Rick gets a ride in from?
3. Why is Nuke's grazing permit rescinded?
(a) The land becomes a national park.
(b) He grazed too many species.
(c) He grazed too many cows.
(d) He did not pay his yearly fees.
4. What does Lon show Rick that is camouflaged on the hill?
(a) A arsenal of weapons.
(b) A radio tower.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A pen.
5. Who is a long-time friend of the Sheriff's?
(a) Nuke Carlile.
(d) Joe Phipps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick find when he looks around the camp?
2. What does Rick tell his Blue Canyon social worker?
3. What is the name of the group of buttes Lon points out to Rick?
4. How does Rick get his third ride?
5. What occupation did Nuke used to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nuke opposing Lon?
2. What does Rick find out about the restrained eagle and other animals?
3. What does Rick tell Lon about the camp when Lon was gone, what is Lon's response and what warning does he give Rick?
4. What does Rick see as he looks around the camp and what does he consider stealing?
5. What does Rick think is the reason for Nuke's pit bull's name, and what does Joe think about the burning of a ranger station?
6. What are two condors doing while an eagle is feeding and how do the condors feed?
7. How does Rick end up at a gas station where a Humvee is parked?
8. What does Rick do when the camper stops?
9. What does the man suggest Rick can do to get back to a town, what does he tell Rick about Rick's story and what is the man's name?
10. What is Lon doing when Rick wakes from his nap after Joe left, and what does Lon call M4 and why?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)