|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the judge acknowledge exists at Blue Canyon?
(c) Illegal aliens.
2. Who do Lon and Rick go after at the end of chapter 20?
3. In which direction does Maverick fly when Lon tries to catch him?
4. Why does Lon give Rick the condor?
(a) Lon has to drive.
(b) Lon thinks Rick is stronger.
(c) Lon wants Rick to let the bird go.
(d) Lon's arms are cramped.
5. What does Carlile claim he has been doing?
(b) Blasting a way through a cave.
(c) Target practicing.
(d) Trying to help a wounded condor.
6. When does Josh arrive?
(b) He is not able to come there.
(c) Very early the next morning.
7. What does Lon reveal to Rick about Lon's past?
(a) He accidentally kills his father with a shotgun he thought was not loaded.
(b) He had a brother who was killed by a gang.
(c) He was in prison.
(d) He was a foster child.
8. Where does Rick end up when he leaves his spying activities?
(a) The south end of Jasper Canyon.
(b) The prairie dog town.
(c) Chimney Rock.
(d) A few feet from his bike.
9. Why does Lon wrap Maverick in a jacket?
(a) To keep him warm.
(b) To calm him.
(c) To keep him from scratching Lon.
(d) To prove Lon's dominence.
10. After what bird does Rick name himself?
11. How long does Rick care for the eagle?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 43 days.
(d) 10 days.
12. How high does Rick go on his hang gliding practice session?
(a) 3,000 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 10,000 feet.
(d) 100 feet.
13. How high are the fliers when they drift downward?
(a) 10,000 feet.
(b) 14,000 feet.
(c) 5,000 feet.
(d) 22,000 feet.
14. What do Lon and Rick hear as they run off?
(a) A rifle.
(b) An explosion.
(c) An angry condor.
(d) A hawk calling.
15. What will happen if Maverick flies further east?
(a) He will be subjected to accidental shooting.
(b) He will be able to rejoin his group.
(c) He will be unable to find water.
(d) He will be lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lon realize Carlile has taken?
2. What is Pandora?
3. What does Rick have to stop himself from grabbing?
4. Where does Rick see the Humvee?
5. Where does Rick figure he will hide if there is trouble?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)