|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high does Rick go on his hang gliding practice session?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 3,000 feet.
(d) 10,000 feet.
2. After what bird does Rick name himself?
3. What concerns Rick about the condor's heart rate?
(a) That it is too slow.
(b) That it is too high.
(c) That it is too weak.
(d) That it is too strong.
4. What are Carlile and Gunderson afraid a second search party might do?
(b) Contact Rick.
(c) Rescue Lon.
(d) Find their stash.
5. What does Rick hear in the distance hours later?
(a) A car horn.
(b) An explosion.
(d) Several condors.
6. What does Carlile claim he has been doing?
(a) Blasting a way through a cave.
(b) Trying to help a wounded condor.
(c) Target practicing.
7. What do Lon and Rick see back at the camp?
(a) 5 condors.
(c) 5 Sheriffs.
8. What is Pandora?
(a) The radio call sign Josh uses.
(b) A Pacific hurricane.
(c) The radio call sign Lon uses.
(d) A female California condor.
9. How does Rick indicate his desire to land?
(a) Tapping on Lon's right shoulder.
(b) Shifting his weight to the left.
(c) Yelling in Lon's ear.
(d) Thumb down.
10. Why is Rick nervous in the first part of Chapter 17?
(a) The sheriff has learned of Rick's whereabouts.
(b) His biological mother is coming for a visit.
(c) His biological father is coming for a visit.
(d) They are about to hang glide.
11. When does Josh arrive?
(c) Very early the next morning.
(d) He is not able to come there.
12. Why does Lon say you cannot hang glide where Rick suggests?
(a) Too many buildings.
(b) It's a no-fly zone.
(c) No way to take off.
(d) Rough wind.
13. How long does Rick care for the eagle?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 43 days.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 4 years.
14. Who flies to the carcass Lon and Rick left?
(c) The condor.
15. What does Rick tell Josh on the radio?
(a) About the new golden eagle's nest.
(b) About the danger of fire in the area.
(c) About how well Maverick has settled into the flock.
(d) About M4's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lon wrap Maverick in a jacket?
2. Where do the flyers find a thermal?
3. How can one access the cave where Gunderson is?
4. What does Rick notice Gunderson doing?
5. Why does Lon want to take Rick to Reno?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)