|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what area is Joe being transferred?
(a) Olympia National Forest, Washington.
(b) Mount Shasta, California.
(c) Trinity River Wildlife Management, California.
(d) Crater Lake, Oregon.
2. Why is Jasper Canyon closed to everyone?
(a) Its trails are being marked.
(b) They are counting the number of bird species in the canyon.
(c) It is being held for scientific study.
(d) It has had too many flash floods and consequent deaths.
3. What does Rick tell the man happened to him?
(a) His motorcycle broke down.
(b) His mother just died.
(c) He is fleeing an abusive father.
(d) His stuff was stolen on the highway.
4. How many adult condors are alive?
5. Who does Rick tell the driver he is meeting?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
6. Where is Rick at the opening to chapter 11?
(a) The canyon floor.
(b) The landing zone.
(c) The airport.
(d) The ranger station.
7. Who is Rick's probation officer?
(a) Susan Flynn.
(b) Victor Woods.
(c) Aaron Neece.
(d) Mike Brown.
8. What does Lon do with the calve?
(a) Start it cooking for dinner.
(b) Show it to Rick then put it back in the cooler.
(c) Cut off some meat.
(d) Leave it for the birds to eat.
9. What does the man do with the truck Rick was driving?
(a) Continues driving up the mountain.
(b) Takes it back to camp.
(c) Gives it to Rick.
(d) Parks it and takes the keys.
10. What does Lon say about his people skills?
(a) He intensely hates people.
(b) He is better with birds than people.
(c) He enjoys being around people.
(d) He is a good friend.
11. What is the land on which the camp is located called?
(a) Badlands State Forest.
(b) It has no name.
(c) Canyonlands National Park.
(d) Blue Canyon Buttes.
12. For how long is Rick sentenced to the Detention Center?
(a) Four months.
(b) Until he is eighteen.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
13. What does Lon tell Rick do when Lon finishes hang glides?
(a) Pick up Lon.
(c) Start walking to town.
(d) Have dinner ready.
14. Where does Rick fly in his dreams his second night?
(a) Over the detention center.
(b) No where in particular.
(c) Over the canyons.
(d) Over the mountains.
15. What does Lon hope when he sees M4 fly overhead?
(a) That M4 will will leave the camp.
(b) That M4 will fly correctly.
(c) That M4 will chose a mate.
(d) That M4 will descend to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a long-time friend of the Sheriff's?
2. What does Rick steal to help him escape?
3. How does Rick get outside the night he escapes?
4. What does Lon have Rick do?
5. What does Lon do suddenly?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)