|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick tell the man happened to him?
(a) His motorcycle broke down.
(b) He is fleeing an abusive father.
(c) His stuff was stolen on the highway.
(d) His mother just died.
2. How many foster homes was Rick in his first four years in foster care?
3. What did Lon do about the two men who came to the camp?
(a) Radioed a park ranger.
(b) Decide to go after them.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) Wait for them to return to question them.
4. What does Rick ask Lon about Rick's situation?
(a) If Rick can help Lon with his work.
(b) If Lon has radioed a sheriff.
(c) If Lon wants to know why Rick is there.
(d) If Lon plans to harm Rick.
5. What is the only thing Rick knows about himself?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He wants to go home.
6. Why can't Sky live in the wild?
(a) He was raised in a cage.
(b) His wings are clipped.
(c) Her wing has been amputated.
(d) He is too young.
7. How old was his grandmother when she died?
8. What occupation did Nuke used to have?
(a) Bronc rider.
(b) Cattle rancher.
(d) Sheep rancher.
9. What does Killian tell Rick at dinner?
(a) That he likes to eat pie.
(b) That his mother is coming for him.
(c) That guards want older kids to beat up Rick.
(d) That the guards like Rick.
10. How does Rick get his third ride?
(a) Hiding in a camper.
(b) Talking with a girl his age.
(c) Talking to a trucker.
(d) Holding a knife on a driver.
11. Who does Rick tell the driver he is meeting?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandmother.
12. What guard tries to wave Rick down in his dream?
13. How many adult condors are alive?
14. How long does Lon tell Rick condors have been alive as a species?
(a) Since the last ice age.
(b) He does not tell Rick anything about how long they have been alive.
(c) For three thousand years.
(d) Since life began on earth.
15. What kind of gear does Rick find in Lon's tent?
(a) A leather jacket.
(b) Climbing gear.
(c) A hunting bow.
(d) Two motorcycle helmets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick learn listening to the two men who have come to the camp?
2. What happens to the garden the librarian started for a project for the youths?
3. In what state is the camp where Rick is?
4. What does Rick take from the camper when he leaves it?
5. How does Rick climb the fence?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)