|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is M4's behavior a concern to Lon?
(a) M4 is flying incorrectly.
(b) M4 is acting like he cannot see.
(c) M4 is not roosting with the flock.
(d) M4 is trying to dominate the flock.
2. What does Rick take from the camper when he leaves it?
(a) A pack of hot dogs.
(b) A six pack of soda.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A hat and some potato chips.
3. What does the man waiting for Rick tell him to do?
(a) Climb into the back of the truck.
(b) Get into the passenger side of the truck.
(c) Start walking to town.
(d) Dirve back down the mountain.
4. What is the only thing Rick knows about himself?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He is angry.
5. Why does the judge send him to Blue Canyon?
(a) It has a better school program.
(b) It is a strict place.
(c) He does not like Rick.
(d) There are no opening anywhere else.
6. Why does Rick wonder how he is going to leave the desert?
(a) He is afraid of the animals in the desert.
(b) He sees the supply truck leave.
(c) He does not know the right direction.
(d) It is too hot to walk.
7. How does Lon track Maverick?
(a) Lon doesn's say.
(b) With a chip inside the bird.
(c) With a radio.
(d) With his telescope.
8. What is Lon doing at the opening to chapter 11?
(a) Packing up his glider.
9. What does Lon say about his people skills?
(a) He enjoys being around people.
(b) He is a good friend.
(c) He intensely hates people.
(d) He is better with birds than people.
10. What is Lon's real name?
(a) Patrick Whiley.
(b) Lonnie Paster.
(c) Kenny McDermott.
(d) Samuel L. O'Connor.
11. How does Rick climb the fence?
(a) With his toes.
(b) He jumps on the top of the fence from the roof.
(c) Using hooks he has made.
(d) He shimmies up an end pole.
12. What does Lon do with the calve?
(a) Start it cooking for dinner.
(b) Show it to Rick then put it back in the cooler.
(c) Cut off some meat.
(d) Leave it for the birds to eat.
13. What happens to the road Rick is on when he leaves the camp?
(a) It crumbles into nothing.
(b) It dead ends.
(c) It stops at a stream.
(d) It is blocked from a landslide.
14. What is the name of the group of buttes Lon points out to Rick?
(a) Slippery Rocks.
(b) Standing Rocks.
(c) Falling Rocks.
(d) Red Face Rocks.
15. How old was his grandmother when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation does Lon claim regarding Lon when Lon is introduced to Joe?
2. What does Lon ask Rick to do when Lon gets a calve out of the cooler?
3. How many times has Rick's probation officer visited him?
4. Who raised Rick until Rick was ten?
5. What does Rick ask Lon about Rick's situation?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)