|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lon's real name?
(a) Samuel L. O'Connor.
(b) Patrick Whiley.
(c) Kenny McDermott.
(d) Lonnie Paster.
2. What wakes Rick on his third day at camp?
(a) A vehicle coming.
(b) A snake in his sleeping bag.
(c) Lon banging two pots.
(d) Lon singing.
3. How does Nuke consider Canyonsland National Park?
(a) As wasteland.
(b) As Native American lands.
(c) As governmental land not open to the public.
(d) As a treasure that the government does not care about.
4. Why is M4's behavior a concern to Lon?
(a) M4 is trying to dominate the flock.
(b) M4 is acting like he cannot see.
(c) M4 is flying incorrectly.
(d) M4 is not roosting with the flock.
5. What does Rick hear on the radio in the second car?
(a) A song his mother used to sing.
(b) That the next day is Memorial Day.
(c) News about his escape.
(d) That a bad storm is coming.
6. Where is the car from that picks up Rick?
(c) New Mexico.
7. What does Lon tell Rick do when Lon finishes hang glides?
(b) Have dinner ready.
(c) Pick up Lon.
(d) Start walking to town.
8. What does the man waiting for Rick tell him to do?
(a) Start walking to town.
(b) Dirve back down the mountain.
(c) Get into the passenger side of the truck.
(d) Climb into the back of the truck.
9. How old was his grandmother when she died?
10. What does Lon show Rick that is camouflaged on the hill?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A pen.
(c) A radio tower.
(d) A arsenal of weapons.
11. How does Lon track Maverick?
(a) With a chip inside the bird.
(b) Lon doesn's say.
(c) With his telescope.
(d) With a radio.
12. Who is Maverick?
13. What does Rick relate about his dream to the story he is reading?
(a) Being chased by a minotaur.
(b) Freedom of flying.
(c) Growing fruit.
(d) Falling in the ocean.
14. Why was Rick brought to court?
(a) Running away from home.
(b) Throwing rocks at a stop sign.
(c) Stealing candy.
(d) Joy riding.
15. Where is Rick living when he is taken to court?
(a) A group home.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In a foster home.
(d) In a youth hostel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a boy from Rick's unit doing in Phoenix?
2. What happens to the road Rick is on when he leaves the camp?
3. Why does the judge send him to Blue Canyon?
4. What protects Lon from an eagle's talons?
5. What does Lon have Rick do?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)