|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Rick on the mountainous road?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) The gas station attendant.
(c) An angry, bearded man.
(d) The driver of the camper.
2. For how long is Rick sentenced to the Detention Center?
(a) A year.
(b) Until he is eighteen.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
3. What occupation did Nuke used to have?
(a) Cattle rancher.
(b) Bronc rider.
(d) Sheep rancher.
4. What does Lon do suddenly?
(a) Jump up and drive off.
(b) Whistle into the air.
(c) Blow on a horn.
(d) Run up a hill.
5. What kind of vehicle pulls into the camp?
(a) A Humvee.
(b) A pick-up truck.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A jeep.
6. What does Lon have Rick do?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Practice driving the truck.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Start training Sky.
7. What comes when Lon and Rick are up on a hilltop?
(b) A gray fox.
(c) A flock of terns.
8. Why might Lon be in trouble?
(a) For stealing a dog that was being abused.
(b) For paint spraying some sheep to keep them from being slaughtered.
(c) For flying his glider in a no-fly zone.
(d) If the sheriff has mentioned Lon's name to Nuke.
9. What is Rick's biggest problem with escaping the detention center?
(a) Getting food.
(b) Finding a car to steal.
(c) Disappointing his social worker.
(d) Where to go.
10. Into what canyon has proven impossible for Nuke to get his cattle?
11. How old was his grandmother when she died?
12. Why was Rick brought to court?
(a) Throwing rocks at a stop sign.
(b) Stealing candy.
(c) Running away from home.
(d) Joy riding.
13. To what area is Joe being transferred?
(a) Mount Shasta, California.
(b) Crater Lake, Oregon.
(c) Trinity River Wildlife Management, California.
(d) Olympia National Forest, Washington.
14. What does Rick's social worker tell Rick to do?
(b) Talk to his probation officer.
(c) Don't speak to the judge.
(d) Offer to do community service.
15. Where does Rick plan to hide out at Blue Canyon?
(a) In the TV area.
(b) In the library and the gym.
(c) In the laundry.
(d) In his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Rick until Rick was ten?
2. How does Lon track Maverick?
3. What does Rick hear on the radio in the second car?
4. What sort of land does the government offer Nuke for grazing?
5. What does Rick steal to help him escape?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)