|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick tell his Blue Canyon social worker?
(a) He is going to kill himself.
(b) His roommate is insane.
(c) The guards threaten him physically.
(d) He saw a guard take money from a maintenance worker.
2. How many times has Rick's probation officer visited him?
(a) Six times.
(b) Three times.
(d) Two times.
3. Why was Rick brought to court?
(a) Joy riding.
(b) Running away from home.
(c) Throwing rocks at a stop sign.
(d) Stealing candy.
4. What does Killian tell Rick at dinner?
(a) That his mother is coming for him.
(b) That guards want older kids to beat up Rick.
(c) That the guards like Rick.
(d) That he likes to eat pie.
5. What does the judge think when Rick says he doesn't know why he did what he did?
(a) That Rick is lying.
(b) That Rick has no conscience.
(c) That Rick is mocking the judge.
(d) That Rick is mentally challenged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the second car Rick gets a ride in from?
2. Why does Rick not follow his social worker's suggestion?
3. What is the name of the judge before whom Rick is brought in Chapter 1?
4. What does Rick relate about his dream to the story he is reading?
5. How does Rick get outside the night he escapes?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)